one

Just What If [in progress]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      

Chapter I - The Given Assignment


❖ 

Author’s POV:

“Hyung. You’re not doing it right. You need to hit stronger and harder.” His apathetic face holding back his outbursts of laughter.

“Well then. It’s not like you can do it any better, maknae.” His dark eyes deepened in color as he glared right back at him.

And thus the staring contest began. Again.

Everyday, the same routine. No one would back out of the mini-duel. At least, not until something, or someone, did.

The door to the training arena opened and the rest of the EXO general members walked in, to be greeted by the oh-so-familiar maknae rivalry.

“Didn’t I tell you guys to train and stop with the staring contests?” A voice, sharp as a knife, broke the silence. At these words, the two maknaes immediately turned away, returning to their original training.

“Jeez, these maknaes,” the same man muttered under his breathe, and the rest chuckled as they watched the two battle out their frustrations against each other.

A loud ding resounded throughout the room.

“EXO generals, please report to the emperor’s office pronto.” The intercom voice disappeared just as quickly as it had come.

A short period of silence followed the announcement.

“Who even says pronto anymore?” A large-eyed man scoffed, but nonetheless was amused by the person’s choice of words.

“Who cares, hyung?” The tan boy replied. He quickly gathered the maknaes and his hyungs together.

“Ready?” Everybody nodded in unison. “Alright. Hold onto your souls, guys.”

And with the snap of his fingers, they disappeared into a cloud of black dust.

❖ 

A group of twelve guys materialized in front of the emperor’s office, stumbling over each other and their own feet as they tried to regain their senses and balance.

“Next time,” the oldest among them commented, “I’m taking the stairs.” Some others nodded in agreement.

“Wait,” the blond one paused. “Why are we even here?”

The rest sighed. “They didn’t specify. They just called us to come quickly.” Their leader replied calmly.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter