eleven (new!)

Just What If [in progress]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      

Chapter XI - First Training


Seungho and I have created some more boundaries between us now that he knows the truth, but he has been such a great help. Showering away from the rest has never seemed easier and putting my trust in him was probably one of the best decisions I’ve made since I’ve come here.

Although I haven’t told the others my secret, I can tell that they have been noticing that there’s something different about me, especially since that time when they came over to our tent and only stayed on Seungho’s side of it, a silent mutual agreement between us to prevent them from finding out my secret.

“Hey Seungho hyung! Can we visit your and Mong’s tent?” Jimin asked excitedly. The other three looked on, expectantly.

I exchanged looks with Seungho. It seemed a bit iffy…

“Um, I don’t think it’d be a good idea right now,” Seungho answered cautiously.

Jackson pouted slightly. “But whyyyy,” he whined.

“It’s a bit messy on my side...I don’t think you’d want to see it,” which wasn’t entirely false either; my side did need a bit of cleaning.

Rapmon tsked. “Nonsense. You both have already seen our tents and we can clearly say whose tent is most messy…”

All our eyes turned to Jackson, who blushed and turned away, finding the sky more interesting than our conversation. Seungho and I lost, because that was the truth.

“Alright, but let’s just stay on my side, to leave the mess alone anyway.” They looked a bit taken back with this request, but nonetheless, complied.

I think I’ll tell them when the time is right, but for now, with training approaching ever so soon, it’s best that things stay this way for now.

Flash forward to Monday when preparations for war would begin; and now, we find ourselves at our very first training.

“Alright everybody. Welcome to the first day of training. My name is Xiumin and this is Lay.” The shorter man motions to the taller and himself. “This week, we will be working on mental strength. Before we can move onto anything physical related, it is very important that one is mentally prepared. That’s what we’re here for.”

Lay nodded his head and continued. “Split into teams of five. Your pins will automatically divide you all so just find those who have the same symbol and we shall begin. ”

Naturally, I wanted to stuck by Seungho’s side to be safe, but I guess this was my chance to make more friends. I looked to him and smiled sadly. We both shrugged and looked down at our pins. I watched as the hexagon on my pin shifted into a small, blue circle and Seungho’s into a red square, and we looked around for anyone who had the same shape.

“Jumong! Over here!” I heard a voice call out to me nearby and turned to it, seeing that it was Jimin. The same blue circle was visible on his pin, and I let out a sigh of relief, feeling relieved that I at least had one person I knew. I quickly made my way over to him, finishing our group of five.

We sat ourselves in a circle, following the demonstration of Xiumin and Lay, who were sitting across from each other.

“Now, I hope everyone has found their groups. Let us begin.”

Everybody watched as the two generals did their thing. They closed their eyes and sat still. It was quiet, so quiet that you could hear a pin drop.

Jimin looked confused. I noticed that he had a look in his eyes, as though he was about to say something out loud, but of course, this would most definitely break the concentration of the two generals in front. I reached over and slapped my hand over his mouth as quietly as I could. His eyes showed confusion, but I pressed a finger to his lips after letting go.

They need to concentrate. I shook my head slowly and he understood immediately. He nodded and we continued to watch the scene.

We watched as the air around them turn a different shades of blue; baby blue for Lay and cyan for Xiumin. It also seemed to get a little cooler, the wind picking up just a bit. Their hair  moved with it, and when they opened their eyes, they glowed a bright white before fading away into their original browns. We all stared at them in amazement. It was truly a sight.

“I hope you all were paying attention.” Xiumin’s voice snapped me out of my trance. I was confused.

But they didn’t do anything?? Except sit?

“I can see that you all are confused as to what we just did.” Lay chuckled.

“Or the fact that we didn’t really do much,” Xiumin winked. “Essentially, all you really need to do is just concentrate. When you let your mind be free and wander, your powers are also, in a way, unlocked. We all have an aura, whether or not we feel it. Often based on one’s level of development in their power, some people have stronger ones than others, so everyone will have different colored auras.”

“With that said, don’t worry if you can’t get it done immediately. It takes time, which is why we are dedicating a week for each training.” Lay said. “Of course, easier said than done. Here, let me know me show you again.” As he finished his sentence, the baby blue surrounded him, giving him an innocent look. “Let’s continue.” He smiled. His dimples appeared, and he looked stunning. I mentally hit myself; why was I even thinking such thoughts? I had to concentrate!

And so that’s what we did. Concentrate.

 

For the next who-knows-how-many hours, despite the occasional weird sounds coming from the generals’ tents, we just sat in peace and quiet. I could feel my stomach wanting to let out a whale’s mating call and quickly in my stomach to prevent the sudden awkward sound.

Overtime, I began to lose myself in my thoughts. I thought about dad and Yongguk and the other friends I had met at the gym and how much trouble I would be in once I got home and the purpose of this war and why the goddam binding around my chest was getting tighter by the second... and slowly, I felt myself slip away into another world in my head. It was dark, but welcoming, so I let go of my thoughts and let my mind freely wander. I felt something inside me that kinda just clicked and almost immediately, a strong warm feeling rushed through my body. This sensation tingled, and like earlier with Xiumin and Lay, the air cooled down. It was invigorating, and I felt like I could conquer the world.

I stayed like this for a while, enjoying the vibes.

“Excuse me.” A quiet voice came out of nowhere, popping my concentration bubble. Instantly, my inner core away my aura back into my body. I was so startled by the unexpected intrusion that I almost fell over from my seated position.

“Y-yes?” I stuttered. Of all times, why did my voice have to quiver now? I looked up to find myself looking into the eyes of Lay, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter