five

Just What If [in progress]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      

Chapter V - D-day


❖ 

 

I had everything planned out, from start to finish. Now, I just had to wait until dusk so that I could do it without anyone in my way.

“Jiae, you there?” A voice said, accompanied by a knock on the door. I quickly stuffed my short notes on my plan under my pillow and made myself look presentable as the door opened.

“Yeah, did you need something, oppa?”

“I was wondering if you wanted to hang out again today, since our last one kinda got interrupted…” he mumbled the last bit, but I was more than willing to spend my last day with my brother.

I smiled. “Of course!” I grabbed his arm and led him outside before he could suspect anything. “Where are we headed?”

“Out!” He answered without hesitation. “Let’s go!”

---

Yongguk managed to pull me into a bubble tea shop in the middle of a mall on a busy day.

“Of all places, why here?” I looked at the people in the small shop; they were pushing themselves against each other, giving off a horrific sight.

“Why not? You know we both like bubble tea.” I rolled my eyes and looked the people around in disgust at how some of them were eyeing my brother like prey.

“It’s not that, it’s the people here. Why couldn’t we go to the one closer to home, like the one a few blocks down the street?” I asked.

Yongguk thought about it. “Yeah, I guess.”

“So you’re saying, I’m stuck in a super crowded place with the most thirsty girls eyeing guys and sweating a bucketfull, all because of my brother’s slow thinking?”

“Right on point.” Yongguk gave me the thumbs-up before slurping his boba drink again.

I could only groan before thinking to myself, why not ditch? I smirked.

“Oppa, I’m gonna use the bathroom real quick.” Not even bothering to wait for a response, I ran out of the open doors and towards the food court bathrooms.

On the way, I took a detour and saw some people using their powers freely, which was great: more time for practice.

I followed behind some people, practicing my imitation of powers. Each time I did it, it got easier to do and became less noticeable.

After a bit, I walked back to the bubble tea shop and what I saw made me chuckle.

Yongguk was struggling to get away from a few girls, but he couldn’t use his powers as the girls clung to him like koala bears. His eyes found mine and silently begged me to help him. There was nothing I couldn’t do to help out a family member in need.

“Excuse me, but that’s my man you’re touching,” I said loudly, pushing roughly against the horde of people. I managed to get a hold of Yongguk’s arm and pull him out of the place in one piece.

The second we were outside the mall, I let him go and laughed. Hard.

“Hey! It’s all because you went to the bathroom, which you didn’t really do, did you?”

I shrugged. “Guilty as charged.” He sighed good-heartedly and checked his phone.

“Let’s go to some shops around here.” I thought out loud. Yongguk agreed and just like that, we were on our way to the bookstore nearby.

We spent the rest of our day there, enveloped in a comfortable silence. I found a few books on one-on-one sparring and power strengthening techniques. I was also able to follow behind some people to practice my powers, thankfully witho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter