Taemin (1) Interpreter

SHINee Scenarios/Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: please keep in mind that the italic spoken words are in English and the rest is ment to be in Korean :3

“Hyung! Can we go something to eat? I’m hungry” the younger one whines.

He sighs. “Sure Taeminnie, where do you want to go?” the feline boy says while fixing his hair when checking his reflection in one of the windows.

Taemin shrugs. “I don’t know, you choose” he smiles.

“Yaa~ you’re the one that’s hungry” Key whines and slaps his arm. Looking at the pout on Taemin's face he sighs. “Aigoo, come” and grabs Taemin by his wrist to drag him along.

Today it’s their day off and how better can they spend their day off by going shopping? Although, that’s Keys ideal day off from work. He dragged his maknae along as he wanted to go to the gym. “You should give your body some rest too! You shouldn’t work out all the time” were Keys wise words to Taemin this morning.

While being dragged along Taemin looks down at his hand, full of bags with clothing that Key bought. In some way this is more tiring than working out. He chuckles. It doesn't really matter though, at least he’s having fun with Key.. sort of.
Entering a small little cafe Key lets go of his arm. Looking around he’s trying to find the perfect spot to sit down and eat something.

They order their food and something to drink and Taemin excuses himself to go to the bathroom. When he returns and wants to turn the corner he bumps into someone, heading the opposite direction. Before the person can fall down he places his hand around the waist holding the person up.

“Whoa~ I’m so sorry!” Taemin apologizes and looks closely at the persons face.

“It’s okay” you say with the little Korean you know while blushing.

You’re actually an English student who’s visiting Seoul for gaining some extra credit points. You’ve always wanted to go to Asia and when this opportunity occurred you couldn’t say no. Today you're spending the day alone. The others from your school are busy shopping and doing whatever they want to do while you are on your way to one of the many museums. You just stopped by to get something to drink and maybe have something to eat.
But being English and being in a complete strange city life’s a little hard on you. Nevertheless you want to enjoy your stay here and bring out all there’s to it because this is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity.

It’s obvious to him you’re not from Korea - or Asia for that matter. “Where are you from?” he tries, but you don’t understand him.

You raise your shoulders and try with simple English to explain you don’t understand him. “I- No Korean, I’m from England” and smile a shy smile.

You see his eyes light up and the cutest smile appears. “England?” he says excitingly. You nod in respond and a blush covers your cheeks.

As an apology he wants to offer you a drink but seeing his bad English he doesn’t know how. An idea comes to mind and his face lights up again. He takes your hand and leads you to his and Keys table.

“Ah, I was wondering where yo-” and stops mid-sentences when he catches a glimpse of you.

“Key~ this is..” and stops when he realizes he doesn’t know your name. He turns to you again and you look at him a little flustered. “Taemin” and points at himself. “Key” and points at the said boy.

You smile as you see where he’s going. “____.” He smiles back and stares at you in awe.
He always had a weak spot for England and the accent that comes along with it. He’s having a hard time suppressing his giggle whenever you talk.

You watch him pull back a chair and offering you to sit down. You do so and Taemin takes a seat next to you. “Drink?” he says in the cutest Engrish way you have heard so far. You giggle and nod.
While your drink is being served he and Key are chattering loudly. The older boy sounds like he’s annoyed and you wonder if it has anythi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter