Eighteen

Nothing's Over

 

Yongguk smiled, pleased with the outcome. “Good choice, Key.”

Kibum stood expressionless, looking at the ground, until he felt that something wasn’t right. No one was moving. No one was leading Minho and Jongin to the outside. Everyone stood in their previous positions and, this, was not what Kibum was expecting. He looked up at Yongguk and saw how he smiled, devilish, making him both scared and disgusted.

“Let them go!” He shouted.

“Well, I was actually thinking that-“

In a move that surprised everyone, even himself, Kibum snatched a gun from Jongup, the one who was closer to him, and held it pointed at Yongguk.

“Let them go, right now, Yongguk or I swear that I’ll shoot.”

The older one smiled and his lips. “I knew I chose you for a reason. Boys, take them out, please.”

Still with the gun pointed at the other, Kibum watched as they grabbed Minho and Jongin again and pulled them up, making them stumble due to their injuries. He wanted to help them but he knew that he couldn’t or they wouldn’t even make out of it alive. So he walked up to Yongguk and stood by his side, nudging him with the gun to make him start walking, behind the other four.

When they reached the big gate and Kibum thought that everything would be over, a loud knock was heard on it which made them all halted in their steps. Nervous, he turned to Yongguk.

“Don’t look at me, I-“

“Yah! Kibum! Minho! Are you guys in there?”

When he recognized the voices, Kibum couldn’t believe in what was happening.

“Open the door.” Yongguk demanded, seeing how Daehyun headed to the huge door.

“No! Don’t!” The blond yelled making them all turn to him. “Leave them out of this.”

“I was going to, Kibum, but your friends insist in being a part.”

“Yongguk, no!”

“Open the door, Daehyun.”

Daehyun did as he was told and opened the gate, revealing a wide eyed Jonghyun and Jinki standing there with puzzled expressions.

“Hum, hi.”

“What are you two doing here?” Kibum asked, fuming with anger and frustration, pushing Daehyun to the side. “Take Minho and Kai and go home, quickly.”

All of them diverted their eyes at the sound of Yongguk’s laugh. “Not so fast.”

“Oh.” Jinki giggled and then turned serious in a second. “You’re right.”

All of the sudden, a lot of armed men were entering the warehouse, leaving all of them staring at them, except for Jinki and Jonghyun, without knowing what to do. Kibum dropped the gun he held, in fear, on the floor when those men passed through him and grabbed Yongguk who was still at his side looking absolutely bewildered and with eyes threatening to pop out. He looked like he was too shocked to react and even his companions found that too weird and before any of them have the time or mind to do anything, they are already being tackled to the ground or turned around by the police, snatching their guns, hands tied behind their backs.

Kibum was still too stunned with everything that was happening to notice that a body was fully attached to his until he felt soft thumbs on his cheeks that were apparently trying to catch his tears. He sobbed and looked at the side, finding Jongin to be the owner of those hands.

“Jongin, oh my-“ He choked on his own words, cradling the younger’s face in his hands. “How… how are you? I’m so sorry, it was my fault! I shouldn’t have left you alone, I-”

“It wasn’t your fault, don’t worry.” Jongin also had tears running down his face but smiled, hugging Key’s body close to his. “Everything’s okay now.”

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, I’m okay, we’re okay.”

Kibum nodded, pulling away and managed to smile, only then remembering the other person who also suffered at Yongguk’s hands. He looked around, trying to find Minho among all the other people, only to discover him already by Onew’s side being supported by Jonghyun. The blond grabbed Kai’s hand and pulled him through the people, passing by Jongup in the way, who shoot him a look full of panic. Kibum had to stop and if weren’t for Jongin pulling him forward, he would have approached the boy.

However when he tore his gaze from him, the only thing he saw at his front was Minho’s pitiful state. Forgetting about Jongup, Kibum ran the few steps that were left to Minho and captured his face between his hands, kissing him all over.

“Oh?” Jonghyun said upon seeing the affection. “Is there something that we don’t know?”

Onew smiled and leaned his head on Jonghyun’s. “Shut up, baby, let them be.” He kissed his boyfriend’s forehead and turned to Jongin. “How about you?”

“I’m fine.” He answered, honestly but after seeing Jinki’s expression, he felt the need to add something. “I mean… Considering everything, I’m fine.” When he noticed that Onew was still looking at him with a concerned expression, he tried again: “I’m going to call Taemin, I was about to meet him when everything happened.”

“We talked with him and we told him what was going on. He begged to come with us, but we said that if anything went wrong, we would need his help.” Jonghyun explained, still looking at Minho and Key. “But you better call him or he can do something crazy, like call the media.”

Jongin nodded, knowing that Jonghyun was right, and asked for a phone once his own was still with Yongguk. When he walked away, Minho and Key joined the elders and the four of them looked around to see what was going on. At that moment, Yongguk was entering the police car, glancing at Key with an angry expression, which made him shiver. But just for a second, because Minho hugged him, whispering that everything was now okay.

Half an hour later, they were out of the warehouse. The cops had talked with them, asking if anyone needed medical assistance. When they said they were all fine, the cops explained what would happen next. Yongguk and his friends would go to the prison and the boys could go home safely. They would be called soon to explain the details of what happened, but for now, they could return to their houses.

The nightmare was over.

 

so i know this one is a little smaller than the others but, seriously, it was really difficult to come out with this. still not fully satisfied.

either way, i hope you like! the next one is already the last chapter!