Thirteen

Nothing's Over

“I’m not even going to ask why the hell you were at this street again!”

Kibum said, opening the door of his house and getting in, followed by Taemin.

“Umma, don’t worry with me!” Taemin argued, trying to make it easier for him. “I was being careful!”

“Yeah, so careful that I almost scared you to death when I appeared behind you and touched your shoulder.”

“That’s because you yelled! Now relax and let me talk to Kai.” The younger boy said, looking around. “I’m not seeing him and that’s why I came.”

“Wait, what? JONGIN, COME HERE IMMEDIATELY!” Kibum shouted, making the other boy run to him with an alarmed expression. “What do you think you’re doing? When you want to meet Taemin, just go yourself! Don’t make that kid-without-brain come here!”

“Hey!” Taemin interrupted. “Why are you calling me these things? I already told you that…”

“I don’t care! If you want to be beat up again just go to another dangerous street! Not the one next to my house!” The blond said, still staring at Jongin. “Were you mad or what, Jongin?”

“But I didn’t know that…”

“Shut up!” Key said, widening his eyes. “You have no right to talk until I forget this incident!”

“Umma, Kai didn’t know that I was coming.” Taemin said, standing at his friend side.

“W-What? Oh, sorry.” He said, ashamed, ruffling Kai’s hair, turning to Taemin. “In that case it’s you who don’t have the right to talk. Now go! I’m cleaning the living-room, so you must talk at Jongin’s room.” He said, blinking to the last one, making him uncomfortable. “What are you doing? Go, go! Hurry up! Some people want to work and you have a lot of things to talk about!”

“Umma!” Kai said, widening his eyes in shock. “Stop saying embarrassing stuff. We really don’t know what you are talking about.”

“Of course you don’t know.” The blond said, rolling his eyes, and turning back pretending to be cleaning something.

The two boys walked to the room, leaving Kibum in the living-room, laughing. Kai was too embarrassed to talk so he walked in silence looking above his shoulder sometimes to make sure that Taemin was following him. Once they were on his bedroom, he avoided to make eye contact with the other, looking around.

“You can sit where you want.” He said, not knowing if it was better to close the door so he wouldn’t be able to hear Kibum laughing or leaving it open. “Just ignore all the mess and…”

He added, turning around, and being interrupted by Taemin’s lips when he grabbed his shirt, pulling him closer and kissing him.

“You look cute when you’re blushing.” Taemin said, pulling away a little. “Why are you acting like you’ve seen a ghost or something?”

“Hum, sorry. I didn’t… It was…” Kai started, clearing his throat. “It was unexpected.”

He said, smiling to Taemin, who smiled back.

After a while, and feeling the house too quiet, Kibum decided to take a look at Kai’s room. When he reached the room and looked inside, he saw the boys talking and laughing. He was glad because Jongin looked happier than ever. Feeling bad because he was watching them, Key decided to go back to the living-room, but, at the exact moment he was about to turn around, Kai touched Taemin’s chin, coming  closer to him, and kissing him softly. Kibum widened his eyes and opened his mouth not believing what he was seeing. He took a few minutes to recover and a thought crossed his head.

If Jongin can do it, I can do it too.

That was the last thing the blond thought before grabbing his keys and running to the door.

It had already passed a whole week since they got back from Busan and Kibum had only managed to talk with Jinki on the phone, which include Jonghyun too because he could hear him talk at the back without really understand what he was saying. It had been in his mind to call Minho but every time he tried, he would back up at the last minute.

But after he saw Jongin and Taemin in the bedroom, he knew that it was about time to do something. That was why he was at Minho’s door at that hour trying to conjure courage to actually ring the bell. He managed to drive all the way there although his hands keep trembling the whole time and his legs were like jelly when he got out of the car and walked to the door.

So he was prepared for everything except for a girl to open the door. A girl that he knew well.

“Sulli?”

The girl’s face scrunched in confusion: “Do… do I know you?”

“No… I mean, never mind. I just-” He shook his head. “Sorry to bother, I’ll just go.”

He was already ready to turn around and leave when he heard Minho’s voice: “What are you doing at the door?”

“I was just-”

“Kibum? What are you doing here?”

He gulped: “I came to talk to you but I see that’s a bad time. I’ll call you later. Or not.” Kibum shook his head. “I have to go.”

Before Minho had the change to say something, the blond had already turned around and started to walk rather quickly to his car. Sulli stood at the door, a little dumbfounded, looking between Minho and Kibum until she finally recognized him.          

“That’s Kibum oppa! He’s back in town?” When she got no answer, she nudged Minho with her elbow. “Oppa!”

“Hm? Sorry.” He said and although he was talking to her, he never stopped following Kibum with his eyes. “Sulli, go wait inside. I’ll be right back.”

Minho started to run after Kibum, calling his name but the blond never stop walking, neither did he looked behind. When Minho finally reached him, he was already opening his car’s door, ready to get inside if Minho’s hand on his arm didn’t stop him.

Like an instinct, he flinched from the touch.

“Stay away from me.”

“Why? What happened?”

He reached out to touch him again but Kibum took a step back. “Don’t touch me.”

“Look at me!” Minho asked, angered. “Why are you acting like this?”

“Because…” The blond shook his head. “Never mind.”

Taking a step forward, cornering the slightly older boy between the car and his body, Minho stretched his arm and reached for Kibum’s face: “What’s wrong with you?”

There was an uncomfortable silence before Kibum raised his head, showing his red cheeks and looked right into Minho’s eyes.  Minho didn’t know any more if it was a good idea to ask Kibum to look at him because now that he could see him and his teary eyes, he felt bad.

“What-”

“I want to kiss you.”

Kibum didn’t know how much time passed since he let those words escape his mouth but it most have been a lot because his body was starting to ache from being trapped between Minho and his car in the same position. When he felt he couldn’t take it any longer, he hesitantly putted his hands on Minho’s chest and pulled him back a little.

“Oh my god, Minho, just… Forget what I said okay? It was probably already weird enough that I actually kissed you last time and-”

“Do it.”

“I probably freaked you out right now as well so you...” Kibum stopped talking upon hearing what the other had said. “What? What did you say?”

“Do it. Kiss me.”

The blond blinked a few times: “What? I mean… now?”

“Well…” Minho said, moving his hands. “Wasn’t that what you wanted to do?”

“Yeah, sure but…” He hesitated once again. “But I-”

Suddenly Minho grabbed him by the waist and pulled him closer: “I think you’re talking too much.”

Before he could react, Kibum had Minho’s lips on his. His eyes were wide due to the unexpected situation but slowly they seemed to start to close on their own and soon he was tilting his head to the side. Minho’s hands were still griping his waist while his were at the back of the other’s neck, playing with the brown hair.

When Minho pulled back, after a while, Kibum didn’t immediately open his eyes, refusing to believe that what happened was real.

“What are you doing?” He asked after a while, with their foreheads leaning on each other.

Minho continued to steal little kisses: “Can’t you tell?”

“That’s not what I meant.” Kibum said, pushing him back a little. “Why are you… Minho, you’re doing this… You are not gay.”

“I am, apparently.”

He leaned in to catch Kibum’s lips again but he pulled back: “Wait. You can’t change that from night to day. I mean, you were there with Sulli and-”

“I can’t stop thinking about you, Kibum.” Minho said with a serious tone. “Since the day you appeared in our lives again, you’re all I can think of. It’s even worse than the five years that we spend without seeing each other.”

“Minho, you have a girlfriend.”

“Sulli’s not my girlfriend anymore; hyung told you that.”

Kibum seemed a little surprised: “How do you know that?”

“Hyung told me.” He smiled, taking a step forward to grab the other again. “But that doesn’t matter. I think I have liked you all along; I just mistake it for friendship.”

“No, I saw the way you looked at her when we were still in high school and-”

“Kibum, believe me.” Minho interrupted him, pulling his chin up so he could saw him clearly. “I want to show you that I’m not lying. Come inside; we can talk.”

Key took a deep breath: “No, I need to think about this, Minho. We should talk tomorrow.”

“Will you call? So we can meet?”

“Sure.” He answered, upon seeing the way Minho’s eyes shined. “I’ll call you.”

Minho laughed and shoved his pinky finger on Kibum’s face: “You promise?”

Kibum rolled his eyes and wrapped his finger around Minho just like they used to when they were younger. What followed next, however, it wasn’t usual. Minho pulled him towards his body, once more, and kissed him. This time, Kibum was already half expecting it, giving him the chance to fully appreciate the kiss.

“See you tomorrow, then.”

Minho opened his car door and let the other get inside, before closing it again. He walked to the sidewalk and waved at Kibum, who waved back, when the latter started the car and drove away from him. Minho couldn’t help but smile the whole path until he reached inside of the house and when Sulli questioned him about what happened, the boy could only smile wider and kindly asked her to leave so he could go to sleep and prepare for the day ahead. 

 

so it finally happened with minkey!