Sixteen

Nothing's Over

“Yes Taemin, I’m already on my way to the shopping”. Kai said, getting up of the bed and looking around trying to find the pants he wanted to wear. “No, there’s no need for that! You know it’s dangerous here. Okay, don’t worry! 10 minutes and I’ll be there!”

He said, throwing his phone to the bed and running to the bathroom.

Kai was really late for his date with Taemin only because he decided to turn the alarm clock off when it rang. Now, with just one leg inside the pants and with his teeth brush on the hand he run back to the bedroom and grabbed his phone so he could text Luhan, who was at the living room, and ask him to prepare the car. Unfortunately, the boy had already left, so he would have to walk to the bus stop.

“Is everything against me today?” He asked to himself, getting out of the house. “First, I fell asleep. Then, Luhan hyung was already out and he took the car with him and now, when I was about to ask Key umma to drive me to the shopping, I discover that he didn’t sleep at home last night so he’s not here. Goddammit, Taemin will hate me forever. And now I’m here talking to myself like a fool.”

“Good morning Kai.” A deep voice said, behind him.  “Are you in a rush?”

“Yongguk, sorry but I don’t have time for you now.” He said, walking faster without looking back. “Amber, Tao and Zelo are still home if you want to chat.”

“You’re not going anywhere.” Yongguk said, blocking the way. “You’re coming with me.”

“What? It’s not going to happen. Now, if you don’t mind, I’m late.” He said, feeling a huge hand grabbing his wrist. “Let me go.”

“I wasn’t asking, if you haven’t noticed.” Yongguk said, forcing a smile. “We’ll have fun or, at least, I will.”

“Are you insane?” Kai asked, releasing his arm. “I’m going. See you around.”

“Shut up!” The other boy yelled, hitting Kai in the face. “I tried to keep it calm, but you’re messing with my humor. I’m really pissed out right now so you better do what I say or the things will get ugly.”

Kai was so surprised that he just felt the pain a few seconds later. He was about to say something when the other’s fist crashed against his stomach making him fall to the ground.

“Why are you doing this?” Kai asked, coughing and trying to get up.

“No questions.” Yongguk said, grabbing the other’s arms and forcing him to enter the car. “And I’m done hearing your phone ringing. Were you about to meet someone? Or are your friends worried with the little cry baby?”

“It is not your business.”

“I am not liking your answers, so just keep quiet.” He said, driving really fast, ignoring the traffic signs. “It would be better if it was the other kid. But I don’t like that toy anymore.” Yongguk heard Kai growling in the back of the car. “What? Are you protecting him too? Oh, it’s interesting.”

“Leave Taemin alone, do you hear me?”

“You’re not in position to threaten me.” He said, smiling, and stopping the car next to an old warehouse. “Here we are. Now give me your phone.”

“No way.”

“Give it to me!” The other said, beating Kai who ended up with his lip bleeding. “I have an important call to make.”

Jongin just stared at Yongguk as he walked out of the car and opened the back door, pulling him outside. The younger one stumbled on his feet while Yongguk continued to pull him all the way to the warehouse. He stopped to open the gate and then he shoved Jongin inside, closing it behind him. Without realizing it, Jongin was already being grabbed by two other people that he recognized as Daehyun and Jongup.

By now, he was starting to feel scared about what was going to happen. He heard Yongguk giving them orders but he couldn’t quite understand what he was saying, the fear clouding his mind. When he saw Daehyun approach him, Jongin was still too lost in his thoughts to actually realize that he was talking to him.

It wasn’t until he felt a sharp pain that his senses came back and he heard shouting.

“Give me your damn phone!”

“How am I supposed to give you my phone if my hands are tied, you idiot?”

This only earned him another punch in the face: “Tell me where it is.”

“Come and find it.”

Daehyun laughed and took a few steps forward until he was invading Kai’s personal space and began his search for the phone, finding it right away on the boy’s pocket. He grinned, proud of himself, and ran back to Yongguk giving him the device. Jongin watched, as the oldest of them all, picked his phone and went through it, searching for something, until a dark smirk appear on his face.

He looked straight at Kai and led the mobile to his hear, never letting that wide grin fade.

 

**

Kibum stirred in his sleep as the ringing of his phone could be heard. He rubbed his eyes and opened them, smiling contently when the first thing he saw was Minho’s sleeping face. As Kibum could remember, he was still a heavy sleeper because he didn’t even seemed bother by the loud sound. Seeing how peaceful the other was made Kibum wanted to go back to sleep so he just waited until the ringing stopped.

It eventually did and the blond sighed, closing his eyes again and laying his head on Minho’s chest. However after a few seconds, the loud song was on again and he had no other choice than to groan and get up from the bed, trying to find his phone. When he did and saw that it was Jongin, he returned to bed and only when he was already under the covers, Kibum answered the call.

“Can’t you take a hint at first? I was sleeping, Jongin. What do you want?”

“Morning, Key. I see you woke up feeling good.”

Another voice, definitely not Jongin’s, said and it cleaned all the sleepiness out of Kibum as he sat right up on the bed: “Yongguk? What are you doing with Kai’s phone? Where is he? Is he okay?”

“Calm down. I have a lot to tell you.”

“What’s going on?” He asked, not liking Yongguk’s tone. “Why isn’t Jongin on the phone?”

“Jongin can’t talk right now. Or do anything else, for the matter.”

Kibum felt fear crawling through his skin: “What did you do to him?”

“Nothing.” Yongguk laughed, but it didn’t sound funny at all. “Yet.”

“I swear to god that if you touch him, I will-”

“You will what, Kibum? What can you do?” He asked, already knowing that the other’s threats were meaningless. “You just have to do as I say and nothing will happen to your precious Jongin.”

Kibum was about to ask what Yongguk wanted him to do when an arm sneaked around his waist and pulled him until he was lying on the bed again.

Minho nuzzled his face on Kibum’s neck and sighed: “What are you doing up?”

“Stop it, Minho, I don’t have time for this.”

He whispered, trying to escape from the other’s arms, without success.

“Oh, I see you’re busy. Maybe I should call some other time.” Yongguk said; his tone ice-cold. “But let me tell you; Kai was expecting more from you.”

“No!” Kibum shouted, getting up completely, making Minho frown. “I’m not busy. Tell me what you want.”

“You.”

It was a simple word and, yet, made Kibum shiver with fear. What did he meant with that?

“Kibum, what’s going on?” Minho asked, with a hand on his shoulder. “Is everything okay?”

The blond simply shook his head and decided to answer Yongguk instead: “Where?”

“I knew you weren’t letting him down. That was a wise choice, Key.” He seemed proud. “I’ll text you the details in a few minutes.”

With that he disconnected the call and Kibum released a breath he didn’t know he has holding. Minho was still at his side, with a worried expression, looking at him. Sensing that something was really not okay, he opened his arms and Kibum ran into them leaning his head against his chest. Minho rested his head on top of the other’s head and let his hands ran through his back.

“What happened?”

“Kai… Oh my God, I gotta go!” Key looked at Minho and then seemed so lost, looking around and breathing irregularly. “Minho, you need to promise me that if something happens to me you’ll take care of Luhan and the others. They seem too grown up but they are all kids and they need someone who can…”

“Hey, stop.” Minho said, grabbing the other’s arms. “You’ll be fine! Tell me what happened and I’ll help you”.

“No! No, you can’t. Yongguk, the one who attacked Taemin twice… He has Kai! I need to find him!”

“Okay, I’m going with you!”

“NO!” The blond shouted, getting up and walking around really fast. “I have to go alone.” He added, looking at his phone, when the sound of a message filled the room. “Warehouse?!” He asked to himself, showing the message to Minho, who took a concentrated look. “Oh my God, no! Minho, you have to promise me that you’re not going to follow me! Just promise me!”

“Kibum, slow down! I have to go to the bathroom and you’ll stay here, sit on the bed. I’ll be right back and we will figure out what to do. Together.”

“But…” Key started, realizing that that was no point in arguing. “Okay, go to the bathroom, but please move! We have no time” He said, watching how Minho ran to the bathroom, without looking back. As soon as the brunet disappeared from his sight, Kibum dressed himself, grabbed his phone and walked out of the house, without making noise.

 

This fic i'ts already reaching the end.