Four

Nothing's Over

"What are you doing here?" Key snapped when he saw who called his name, startling him.

"I want to talk to you."

"Alone. What the hell are you doing here alone? Don’t you know it’s dangerous?"

Onew blinked a few times and then smiled. "You still care."

"Yeah, whatever." He rolled his eyes but the other’s smile didn’t faltered a bit. "What do you want?"

"I need to talk to you."

"I don’t wanna talk. And I’m busy." He said, looking everywhere every once in a while. "You should go, hyung."

"Please, Kibum. It won’t take you too much time."

The blond puffed his cheeks. "Alright but let’s go somewhere else, it’s not safe here."

Onew nodded content that the other had agreed to talk to him even after what had happened the day before. He was excepting a lot more yelling and rejection but he was that difficult to convince Kibum. Perhaps was just because Onew was older than him or because he always did what he asked him, even when they were kids and the blond use to disrespected all the rules.

A girl’s scream brought him back to reality.

"Oppa! Key oppa!"

The blond stopped in his track and smiled. "Oh, hi, Luna. Is everything alright?"

"Oppa, can I talk to you? It’s really quick, I just-"

"I’m a bit busy right now, I’m meeting my…" He looked at Onew and gulped. "My friend so if you could wait a little."

"But it’s really important. It’s about Daehyun and Jongup and what they did. They told Yongguk that-"

"I already know what they did, Kai told me, don’t need to worry." Key smiled and patted the girl’s head. "I really need to go right now; I’ll talk to you later."

The girl seemed to have something more to say but when Key waved her, she nodded and started to walk away from them. The blond turned to the older again and retook his way, making Onew follow him close. Yes, he had the courage to go there but he didn’t want to be alone especially since he didn’t know where he was.

They entered a small café and everyone turned to greet them. Or Kibum. What surprised Onew was that everyone seemed to know him and like him because everyone flashed a smile in their direction. Guess Kibum was only cold and distant with them. And that’s what he wanted to understand.

"Who’s that girl?" Onew asked when they sat at a table.

"Luna. She’s younger than you and from what I’ve saw last night, you’re taken. Jonghyun managed to snatch you, hyung?" He smirked, resting his chin on his hand. "I always thought you were the smartest of us all."

"What? What are you saying?" Onew choked on air, staring at Kibum with wide eyes. "Yes, yes, I’m taken but that… I wasn’t even talking about that."

Key leaned forward and a grin appeared on his face. "About what, hyung?"

"I just wanted to know what she was talking about! Were those guys the ones who hurt Taemin?"

"Yeah, they were." He confirmed, sitting back on the chair. "But don’t worry; we’re already taking care of that."

"What do you mean? Taking care of that?"

The blond rolled his eyes again. "Don’t worry about that, hyung. What do you want to talk about anyway? I don’t have much time left."

"What are you going to do? Do you have a job?" He asked but when Kibum shoot him daggers with his eyes, he gulped. "Okay, no need to be like that. I just… Kibum, really, why did you left?"

Key just stared at him for a real long amount of time without saying anything and just when Onew thought he would, the blond boy get up from his chair and started to walk to the door, this time without greeting anyone. Onew blinked a few times before understand what had happened and quickly stood up to follow his friend.

Once he reached the outside, he could still see Kibum but he still had to run to catch him. When he did, Onew grabbed Kibum’s arm and made him turn. "Where are you going?"

"Is that all you want to know? Why did I left?" He almost screamed, trying to pull away from the older one. "I think it was obvious that I didn’t want to talk about it the other night. Just leave me alone."

"I can’t, Kibum, don’t you understand? We felt guilty about it!" He retorted, just as loud as the other. "Damn! We still feel guilty."

At that, Key seemed a little dumbfounded and looked away. "I… It had nothing to do with you guys, so forget it, okay? Just go home, you shouldn’t even be here." Onew sighed and nodded, defeated and was about to turn his back on him when he spoke again. "Are Taemin’s wounds okay?"

"Yes, you did a great job. I can’t say the same about Jonghyun’s lip."

"Yeah, I’m sorry for that." He rubbed his neck and then seemed to struggle with what he wanted to say next. "What about Minho? Is he still with Sulli?"

Onew chuckled, softly. "No, he broke up with her a few weeks after you disappeared."

"Oh. Oh, it that so? Well, I never liked her anyway." He scoffed but then felt a little guilty because she was the first girl that Minho had liked. "Thanks hyung. But you really have to go now."

Onew nodded once more and waved at him, felling more than a little disappointed. "See you soon."

Kibum just waved at him until he his back and walked off. "Yeah, I hope not." He said with a sad sigh.

The blond took his way home always with Jinki’s words in his head. Just in that moment he realized how much he missed his old friends. He was so distracted that he only heard Yongguk calling him when the guy touched his shoulder.    

"Hey Key! Are you deaf or are you pretending? You know that I don’t like to call people twice."

"Let go of me, I haven’t heard you, ok?" The blond said, arching his eyebrow. "What do you want? I’m not in the mood to chat right now."

 

"Do you think that I would come here just to chat with you?" The other answered, chuckling. "I came here to make you a warning, and you better listen carefully, because I will not repeat myself, yeah?"

"I’m not liking the direction of this conversation, Yongguk. What do you want?"

"Do you know the little brat that I… found the other day?" He said, watching Kibum’s eyes wide. "I see that you know what I’m talking about."

"This is not your business."

"And neither is yours." Yongguk said, getting so close that the blond could feel his breath on his face. "I don’t like people like him. So, I don’t want to see this kid around here anymore and I don’t want to hear about him either."

"I don’t have time to lose here with you." Key said, walking in the opposite direction, being stopped by the other’s hand around his arm.

"I don’t like your way to thank me for the warning." He said, forcing a smile. "We’ve been something close to friends, but you don’t know what I’m able to do, Key."

"Yah, I’ve already told you to let go of me!" Key said, getting rid of the other’s hand. "Don’t worry, I got it. Bye."

Kibum restarted to walk, leaving Yongguk behind. The other guy seemed to be serious; however Key wasn’t really worried once he was 100 per cent sure that Taemin wouldn’t come to the neighborhood again. The younger boy had never liked to go to places like that. Feeling a little calmer, the blond tried to found his keys on the pocket.

"What the hell?" Key asked, once he entered the house and saw Taemin sitting in the couch next to Kai. "What are you doing here? Didn’t you understand that I don’t want you here? If you’re here to talk, you better…"

"I came to visit Kai. The world doesn’t revolve around you, you know?" Taemin asked, avoiding the other’s eyes. "So, if you don’t mind, we were talking."

"No way!" Key yelled, moving toward the couch. "Kai, say goodbye to him. He’s going home and he will never come back."

"Umma, there’s no need to…"

"Do what I’m saying, Jongin. Taemin is leaving now."