One

Nothing's Over

 

Taemin was actually kind of lost. Or totally lost. He didn’t even know how he ended up there. He was trying to reach the bus station, to catch a bus which would take him home, and in the next minute he was walking in this black alley looking anything but nice. He shivered once the cold air of the night hit him and the boy braced himself. He didn’t know if it was the cold or the fear anymore.

When he saw two guys leaning against a wall, he decided that fear was the main reason why he was shivering like crazy. Trying to pass unnoticed, Taemin pulled the hood to cover his face and continued walking. However, it seemed like their plans weren’t the same as his since they stood in front of his way, making impossible for him to continue.

"Do you have a lighter, kid?" One of them asked and Taemin shook his head, looking down. "You don’t talk?"

"Maybe he’s afraid." The other said, near Taemin’s ear, pushing his hood down, making him jump, nervous by the proximity. "Yeah, he’s scared. I’ve never saw you here, are you lost?"

"N-no. I’ve came to visit a friend."

"Oh, he talks." He grabbed the boy’s chin and lift it. "Look at how cute he is, Jongup."

Said Jongup approached them and grinned. "You’re right, hyung. Maybe we should do some damage to his pretty face."

"Let go of me! I’m just trying to go home!" Taemin cried not liking the way this was going. Why did he even leave the house? "Look, guys, I just wanna-"

Before he could finish his sentence, he felt himself being pushed to the floor, falling on his side. The boy let out a whimper and tried get up only to have a knee on his back, crashing him to the ground. Then he other guy lowered himself and whisper. "Pretty boys don’t do well on this side of the city, do you hear?" Taemin closed his eyes and nodded once more, hoping they would let him go. "You seem to understand well but we have to teach you a lesson."

He heard them laugh and then the older one got up. Taemin kept his eyes close, waiting for the pain he knew that was going to hit him but that never came. He looked up when he heard another voice screaming.

"Oh, look! Here comes the hero. What are you doing here, Kai?"

"I told you to let him go, Daehyun." The new boy said with a tinge of threat on his voice. "He hasn’t done anything to you."

"You’re lucky for now, kid." Daehyun guy laughed looking at Taemin still in the ground. "See you around, Kai."

When they were no longer near them, Taemin groaned and putted his hand on his head, rubbing it. Just then he realized that the other, the one who saved him, was still around and was walking to where he was. He extended his hand to Taemin who gladly accepted and pushed him.

"Are you okay? I’m Kai, by the way." He presented himself, bowing.

Taemin just stared at him. The boy in front of him was gorgeous. He had brown eyes and black brown hair and a smile that could make you do anything he wanted. On top of it, he had tanned skin. He cleared his throat. "I-I’m Taemin. Thanks for helping me."

"I should take you to our umma, he will now what to do about those." Kai pointed at the boy’s face making him only now realized how it was itching."Come with me, it’s not that far."

Taemin was so soaked in Kai’s smile that he didn’t even noticed how weird it was for him to follow a complete stranger home. Well, that’s what Kai called it but it didn’t really seem like one when Taemin passed the front door. He was shocked at the amount of people talking, or screaming, to one another.

Kai felt a little embarrassed at the sight. The only time he brought someone home, they decide to have a massive discussion in the middle of the living room. Rolling his eyes, he cleared his throat. "Guys!" He tried but no one seemed to have listened. "GUYS!"

This time though almost everyone looked at him, widening their eyes when they saw he wasn’t alone. The first one to approached them was a tall blond boy with feminine facial features who was smiling. "Hi there. Who is this, Kai? Is it your friend? I’m Luhan."

"This is Taemin. Daehyun and Jongup were messing with him." At the mention of the other’s names, Luhan’s smile fell. "He has a few scratches; I was hoping umma could help him. Is he here?"

"Amber, go call Key."

A girl rose from the couch and walked into a door. A moment later she came back saying that they should wait a little. Taemin was ready for a motherly woman to appear, instead what he got was another blond guy with glasses with an expression nowhere near lovely. When he saw the other look at him, he gulped and turned to Kai who was grinning.

"Umma, can you help Taemin? It’s nothing serious but still-"

"Follow me."

The guy said disappearing from the door he came and Kai started to follow him with Taemin behind him. When he could no longer feel their gazes, he grabbed Kai’s arm. "Why are you calling him ‘umma’? I’m pretty sure he is a boy."

"Yeah, but Key hyung makes us call him ‘umma’." The boy laughed and kept on walking, entering the kitchen. "It’s a little strange but we’re all use to it right now. Sit here."

Kai handed him a chair and he sat while looking around. Key joined them a minute later with a bottle on his hand and a towel putting them on the table next to Taemin. He look attentively to the other male and noticed how his expression didn’t change until he met Taemin’s eyes. He froze in place and blinked a dozen of times before turning to Kai.

"Where did you find him?"

"Just around the corner." He answer, noticing the tension in the air. "Is everything okay, umma?"

"Yes, baby." For the first time, Taemin saw the man smile and it kind of reminded him of someone. "Could you go in there and bring me the cotton, please?" Kai nodded, happily and did what he was told. When Key turned to him, he wasn’t smiling anymore. "What were you doing there?"

"I just came to visit a friend and then I got lost." He could almost feel how Key relaxed after those words. "You look familiar. Did I saw you before?" He had to ask because the man in front of him really resemble to someone he knew. "Ouch!"

"Sorry." He apologized for applying to much strength in one of Taemin’s scratches. "Now, be quiet."

"Don't you think I'm familiar?" He shook his head but Taemin couldn't stop his curiosity. "Are you sure?" Key didn't answer and kept treating his wounds with extra care. When it started to burn, the older one blew some air, making it feel better and Taemin understood why he could be the mother in the group. "Can I call you umma too?"

"No." It was his reply, after a while.

"What? Why?"

"Shut up, kid!"

Taemin pouted knowing how this always worked on people. Somehow it didn’t seem to have any effect on Key since he just kept on treating his wounds until Kai came back and gave him the cotton. Just like before, the blond smiled kindly to him and the younger started to chat happily with Taemin.

"So what do you think of umma? He’s the best, isn’t he? I bet you didn’t feel a thing."

"Well I wanted to call him umma too, but he didn’t let me."

Kai scrunched his nose and shrugged. "Don’t worry, Taemin, he’ll let you do it someday."

"I’m still here, you know? And don’t speak to him like that, Kai, he’s older than you."

Taemin opened his mouth to ask how did he knew that and he noticed how Key froze after those words but before he could say anything, the same girl that went to call the blond when he first entered the house, joined them at the kitchen.

"Hyung wanted to know if Taemin has someone to pick him up or if he wants a ride."

"He wants a ride." Key answer without asking the other’s opinion. "Tell him that Kai is going with them."

She nodded and then turned to Kai, grinning. "Ahah, little Jongin is not going to watch the game today".

"Yah! Stop it, noona, it’s not funny! And don’t call me Jongin!"

Before Amber could retort, Key had already grabbed their ears and was pulling them to the door. "You’re not starting this again in here! I was the one who cleaned the whole mess last time." He pushed them out of the door and then turned to Taemin, who gulped. "You too. Out of the kitchen."

Taemin nodded, jumping of the chair and skipped to the living room with Key close behind. The place was a mess, with things scattered everywhere. Taemin saw Kai gesturing to call him so he moved to this direction where other guy was waiting too. When he came near them, Kai opened the door and the three of them went outside.

"Things will get ugly inside." Luhan said when they closed the door. "Did you see Key’s expression when he looked at the room?"

"Yes, it was scary!" Kai exclaimed, opening the car’s door. "That’s why I called Taemin. He doesn’t need to watch that. He would be traumatized."

"How are your wounds?" Luhan asked, looking at Taemin, who hadn’t spoken since they had left home. "You look better now."

"Yes, I’m better. It doesn’t hurt that much right now."

"Good. I knew umma would be nice to you." Kai said, smiling at him. "So what’s your address?"

"If you don’t mind, I don’t want to go home." He said, making the other two look at him. "My parents aren’t home and I’m not in the mood to be alone. Can you drive me to my friend’s house?"

"Sure. Just tell me the way I should take." Luhan said, starting to drive. 

 

The first one is up! Hope you guys like it :)