Three

Nothing's Over

Yoona, widening her eyes and bowing to the others, glared at Key. "Why are you talking like that to people? Know some manners, brat."

"Get. Out. Of. My. House." He repeated, ignoring the brunette. "Now."

"Taemin hyung?" Kai appeared from the kitchen, arching his brow. "Why are you here? What’s going on?"

Key didn’t move an inch and didn’t turn to look at the others. "Nothing. They were already leaving."

"Noona? What’s going on?"

"I already told you that nothing is going on!" Key snapped, finally tearing his gaze away from the four boys, making Kai jump. "Go back to the kitchen. You too, Yoona noona."

"Not before you apologize to them, Key."

"I have nothing to apologize for."

Jonghyun scoffed and shook his head, disappointed. "You were wrong, Taemin. Kibum wasn’t like this, this guy is an ."

"Yeah, one you would die to have if I remember, Jonghyun." Key retorted, being against his nature to be quiet. "Now… Would you please leave?"

"Wait! You know them?" Kai asked, confused, looking between them. "You and Taemin hyung know each other?"

Key nodded and was about to turn to go back to the kitchen when Minho spoke. "Why? Why did you leave?"

"None of your business."

Getting impatient, Yoona grabbed Key’s wrist and squeezed it making him whine. "I told you already that you need to be more polite to people. It’s obvious they want to talk with you so invite them in." When the blond looked at her with an arched brow, Yoona squeezed it a little more. "Now, Key."

"I’m not going to invite them, noona. I don’t wanna talk to them."

"Oppa! Could you come here? Key is being a brat again." She shouted and after a while, Luhan appeared too. "Now that you are here, fix this. These boys are here to talk to him, I think it has something to do with his past."

"Noona!"

"Oh, Taemin! Is everything okay?" Luhan smiled, brightly and waved, watching how the other nodded. "What are you all doing at the door? Come on in. The house isn’t that big but I think we can manage."

He pushed Key out of the doorway along with Yoona and let the others enter the house. The four boys, still a little uncertain, passed the door and all of them looked to Key who was shooting them daggers with his eyes. Obviously, he didn’t want them there. When Luhan guided them to the living room, he made them sit on the couch and then he dragged Yoona and Kai back to the kitchen with him.

Jonghyun stared at the blond boy who was still standing with his arms crossed. "Why are you being such a ?"

"That’s who I am."

"What the hell is wrong with you? Stop being like this!" Jonghyun stood up and approached the blond, grabbing him by his collar. "Do you know how much we search for you? We were so concerned and yet here you are… Like you have all the right in the world to act like this."

"Get off me!"

Jonghyun shook him a bit and in a second Minho was by his side trying to tear his hands of Kibum’s shirt. "Let him go, hyung."

"Once he stops being a jerk!"

Just then the front door opened and two boys were entering the house. Key seemed to forget about a minute than Jonghyun was holding him and looked at them, confused. However, the other two didn’t even seem to notice them since they were passing them, laughing and screaming profanities. That was, until Key grabbed the arm of the blond one.

"Zelo. Tao." He said, with a threating voice. "Can you guys tell me why are you late for dinner?"

"Chill out, umma."

"We were just hanging with some friends."

Key narrowed his eyes at their voices. "You were smoking again! Didn’t I tell you to quit it?"

"Yeah, but you don’t have any power over us." Tao chuckled, making the other one copy him. "You’re not even our umma, you’re just a boy."

"Kitchen. Now. I’ll talk with you two later."

The two boys giggled and made their way to the kitchen, stumbling and tripping every now and then. Key just shook his head and was considering going after them when he remembered he still had some things to deal with Jonghyun. When he turned around, the older one wasn’t as close as he was before but the blond suspected that was just because Minho was pulling him back.

"This was what you trade us for? Taking care of junkies?" Jonghyun spat after a while. "Is this really what you want, Kibum?"

"Stop right there, you don’t know anything about them."

"They’re drug addicts! What’s-"

Before Jonghyun could finish his sentence, he felt his left cheek being punched. All of them gasped and Onew quickly run to the smaller of the two, trying to understand if he was okay. Minho, seeing how the blond was ready to hit Jonghyun again, grabbed him, closing his arms around his slim body.

"Jjongie, are you okay?"

Jonghyun scoffed and ignored Onew’s question. "You still punch like a girl, Kibum, at least that hasn’t change."

"We better go now, hyungs." Taemin said, noting that the things only could get worse. "You guys can talk later."

"I’m not going anywhere until Kibum says why he disappeared." Jonghyun said, feeling Onew’s hand grabbing his arm.

"Yeah, we’re going." Onew said, looking at Key before walking towards the door, pulling Jonghyun with him, while Minho and Taemin followed them closer.

Once they were outside and the door was loudly closed behind them, the four boys didn’t talk until they reach the car. Onew took the driver’s seat, forcing Jonghyun to sit next to him so he could take a look at his lip. Minho and Taemin sat in the back seats, looking through the windows. No one was willing to talk.

"Jonghyun." Onew called a few minutes later, making the other look at him. "How are you? Your lip is swelling."

"I’m fine. Tomorrow it will be okay, don’t worry." He said, putting a hand in the other’s leg, while he started the car. "What about you three? Are you okay?"

"It’s not as he had hit us too." Minho said, seeing the other frown. "Sorry. We’re fine." He added, pondering before restarting to speak. "Hum… He obviously was Kibum."

Everyone decided to stay quiet at this statement and that’s how they stayed until they were already reaching their destination.

"Taemin was right." Onew said, stopping the car in front of his house. "Let’s not think about it today, okay?"

The other three agreed, getting out of the car. The atmosphere was strange, but they were trying their best to forget the incident. After a while, Taemin was listening to music and dancing through the house and Onew was with Jonghyun taking a look at his lip. Just Minho was sitting on the couch, looking at anything in partiular.

"Quiet!" Onew yelled, pulling Jonghyun against him. "Let me see! It doesn’t look like a lip anymore."

"Yah! What are you saying? You’re overreacting!"

"Yeah, you’re right." Onew said, calming down. "But let me help you! At least put ice on it."

"Yes, mommy." Jonghyun said, rolling his eyes and getting up of the chair where he was sitting.

"I’m not your mother, but I care about you, idiot." Onew protested, still sat on the floor, in front of the chair.

"I know." The small one said, stretching his hand, making the other get up. "That’s why I love you." He added, pulling Onew closer and preparing to kiss him.

"Not with the lip like that!" Onew said, pulling him away. 

Minho was with his eyes closed, trying to get distracted. He couldn’t say the reason, but all of this things messed with him. He could barely hear the others around him. The brunet felt his eyes wet when a memory flashed through his mind.

               

                "Get out of the swing, it’s my turn!" Kibum said, pushing Taemin away. "Just because today is your birthday, it doesn’t mean the swing is all yours!"

                "He’s younger, Kibum! Let him have the swing." Jinki said, holding little Taemin. "Go back to the swing, I’ll stay with you."

                "Look!" Jonghyun said, running, jumping and yelling with a big smile on his face, approaching them. "My mother gave a tarin!" He said, showing a little train.

                "TARIN!" Kibum yelled, rolling on the floor, laughing. "It’s train, you fool! I can’t believe that you said that!"

                "Idiot!" Jonghyun accused, starting to cry while standing behind Jinki to protect himself. "Wait until my mom knows!"

                Kibum couldn’t even answer since he was still laughing. Trying to avoid the situation that was about to start, Minho pulled Kibum away. The two boys sat leaning against a tree while Jinki took Jonghyun near the swing so he could play with him with the little train as he watched Taemin.

                "Why did you do that? You knew that he would cry." Minho said without looking at the other boy.

                "Because it’s funny." Kibum answered, laughing again. "You heard him! He said tarin!"

                "Yeah, I heard!" The other admitted, laughing too. "But he’s sensitive."

                "That’s why he’s always the princess on our stories!"

                "Yes!" Minho agreed, nodding."But we have to admit! That train seems really funny! We should go there and play with Jjong."

                "If you say…" Kibum said, getting up. Once he was standing, he stretched his arm, helping the other to get up. "You know what? You’re my best friend and you will always be."

                "Do you promise?" Minho asked, with a big smile.

                "I promise!" Key said, hugging the other before running to the swing, which was now empty.

 

"Minho? Are you listening to me?" Onew asked, touching him on the shoulder. "The dinner is ready!"

"Oh, sorry hyung!" Minho said, back to the reality. "I’m going."