Eight

Nothing's Over

Onew was sitting next to Jonghyun, who was still trying to calm down, leaning his head on the other’s shoulder.

“You need to calm down when he’s around! He just appears and you turn yourself into something flammable about to explode.”

“I try but…” Jonghyun answered, playing with Onew’s fingers. “But I saw him here and he has nothing to do with Taemin! Talking about that… What happened with Taemin? And why did you send Minho after Kibum?”

“Well, about Taemin I don’t know either. His friend, Kai, called me telling that I had to hurry because Taemin was really hurt and they were on their way to the hospital. About Minho, I didn’t want Kibum to go outside by his own. No after what happened today with Taemin.”

“How can you be so kind?” Jonghyun asked, pulling away a little. “Really, you still amaze me after all this time.” He said, leaning closer again. He was about to kiss him when Onew stretched and looked over Jonghyun’s shoulder. “What happened?”

“What is she doing there by herself?” Onew asked, getting up. “Wait here.”

He said, leaving a surprised Jonghyun and walking towards Luna.

“Why are you alone?”

“Hum? Oh, Onew-ssi!” The girl said, smiling. “I’m here waiting for news. Key oppa went out followed by your friend, you were with your… boyfriend, I think? And Kai is sitting there… I think he wants to be alone.”

“You can come and sit next to us. I mean, it’s better wait with someone than alone, isn’t it?”

“I don’t think your boyfriend thinks the way you do.” She said looking to Jonghyun, who was rolling his eyes and had his arms crossed once again. “Don’t worry, I can stay here. I hope that your friend will be fine; he looked terrible lying on the floor.”

“You know what happened to him?”

“Not really. He was always repeating that they were at least five, so someone did it to him. But you already know that.”

“I just want to know who did this to him. I’m sure that it was not his fault.” Onew said, taking a glance to Jonghyun. “I better go now. Thanks for taking Taemin to the hospital with Kai, if you two hadn’t appear I don’t know what could happened to him.”

“You’re welcome.” Luna said, smiling. Then, when she saw Onew turning around, she added: “Onew-ssi! Fighting!” Receiving a smile as an answer.

“So, you’re back now?” Jonghyun asked, avoiding the other’s eyes when the other was back. “No, really, you can stay there and chat with her, I don’t see any problem.”

“Jjongie, are you jealous?” Onew asked sitting and turning the other’s chin to him.

“Why don’t you kiss her instead?” The smaller said, turning around at the exact moment when a doctor appeared.

“Do you have any news about Taeminnie?” Kibum asked, appearing in the room followed by Minho and running to the doctor. “Is he fine?”

“Is there any relatives?” The doctor asked, with a serious expression.

“No, but we’re close friends.” Onew answered, worried. “Is there anything wrong?”

“Sorry, I don’t have good news. I think that your friend fractured a rib.”

“What?” All of them asked at the same time.

“He’ll need to stay here a couple of days. We need to do some exams and, perhaps, do a surgery.”

“Can we see him?” Onew asked, knowing how Taemin should be feeling. “At least one of us.”

“Yes, you can. All of you can go and see him but just two at a time, please. The room is, passing that door, on the left corridor, but you can follow me.”

All of the boys nodded and Onew and Minho followed the doctor. They walked through the corridor and reached the room soon. When they entered the room, Taemin was on the bed and turned immediately to the door.

“Taemin!” Onew exclaimed, grabbing his hand. “How are you? Who did this to you? Why didn’t you tell me to go there with you?”

“Onew-hyung, I’m so sorry. I didn’t want to bother you.”

“Don’t be silly!” Minho said, looking at the other. “How do you feel?”

“It hurts.” Taemin said, trying to move. “The doctor said that I have to stay here, but you can go home. Really, I’ll be okay now.”

“I’m not going home right now, but I’m going outside because Jonghyun must be boiling! I hope you get better soon, Tae!” Minho said, squeezing his knee and smiling to the younger boy before leaving the room.

Jonghyun was, in fact, about to get in even knowing that he couldn’t. So, when Minho appeared, he ran to the room, coming back after a while with Onew. It was Kai and Key’s turn.

“That brat!” Key said, appearing in the waiting room, followed by Kai. “If he wasn’t hurt, I would hit him!”

“Calm down, he’s going to be fine. We should go home now, it’s getting late.”

Kibum nodded and patted Kai on his head, smiling: “Yeah, we should go. I need to drop Luna at home and then I’ll have a talk with Yongguk.”

“Umma.”

“Oppa!” Luna yelled, getting up and running to Key, grabbing his arm. “You can’t do that, you know he is dangerous.”

“Yeah, well, I can be dangerous too.”

Upon hearing that, Jonghyun made a mocking sound that didn’t pass unnoticed by Kibum who turned around to him and raised his brow: “What do you want?”

“Nothing, go on.”

Onew sighed: “Kibum, don’t get yourself in danger, okay? From what you guys have been told, this Yongguk is not someone you want to mess with.”

“Don’t worry about me, hyung, I’ll be fine.”

“I hope so.” He gave Key a smile. “I’ll keep you informed about Taemin.”

Kibum shook his head: “Don’t need to, I’ll come visit.” He then looked at Jonghyun from the corner of his eye. “Even if some people are not excited with the idea.”

“Go to hell, Kibum.”

Before the blond could say anything, and he was, Onew decided to step in: “Jonghyun, stop this!”

“Why would I? He was provoking me.”

“Because I said so.” The elder said, with a serious tone that made them all gulp. “Now, go home, Kibum. We’ll see each other next time.”

“Yeah, goodbye, hyung.”

He then turned and started to walk away, without even spare a glance to anyone. Kai and Luna exchanged looks and bowed to the other three, starting to run after Kibum while Onew walked to Jonghyun and gave him a disapproving look.

“What is wrong with you?”

“With me?” The small one asked, with wide eyes. “What’s wrong with him, that’s the question! Who does he think he is? He has no right to be here! He disappeared all these years and now he think he can be back like this? Well, he is wrong!”

Minho sighed and decided to interfere: “Hyung, he has his reasons.”

“What reasons? For all I know, he could have just got sick of us.”

“That’s not true and you know it, Jonghyun.”

“Yeah, hyung, we’re talking about Kibum here, you know how he depended on us.”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes, once again: “You are all fools. You keep defending him and he doesn’t even appreciate it.”

“It’s better if we go home; this is not a conversation we should be having here.” Onew suggested, tired. “I’m just gonna ask the nurse if she can call me if anything happens. You two wait here.”

Onew leaved the other two alone and walked to the nurse who was in Taemin’s room. When he began to talk to her, Minho turned to Jonghyun and putted his hand on his arm, calling his attention.

“If you’re going to-”

“Don’t be so hard on Kibum, hyung.” The taller interrupted. “He told me why he left and it’s understandable.”

“What? Why did he left? Tell me, Minho!”

Minho shook his head: “I-Sorry, hyung, but I got to go. I need to think about it first.”

“Are you kidding me?” He asked, in disbelief. “Don’t leave like this.”

“Sorry, hyung.” Minho said, again, starting to walk away. “Tell Onew hyung that I needed to go, I’ll talk with you guys later.”

“Minho!” He shouted, when the other started to run. “Come back here! Minho!”

When he could no longer see his brown haired friend, Onew joined him again, closing his hand around his shoulder. Jonghyun sighed and took the hand, holding it and intertwining their fingers, before he looked at him.  

“Let’s go home, okay, Jjongie?”

He nodded and let his boyfriend pulled him all the way to his car and drive him home. When they arrived, Onew, once again, pulled Jonghyun to the house, not bothering to turn on the lights, leading them to the bedroom. Jonghyun let his body fell on the bed and soon after a warm body was joining his from behind, keeping him close.

 

Jonghyun is being a little too hard on Kibum, don't you think?

Maybe because he doesn't know his reason :/