Two

Nothing's Over

 

During all the way, the three boys hadn’t shut up. Luhan and Kai were talking about everything that came to their minds and Taemin was making questions every time while giving directions to his friend’s house. When they finally arrived, they were laughing and making a lot of noise.

"Here we are!" Luhan said, stopping the car. "It’s here, right, Taemin?"

Taemin nodded and looked at the door, which was opening. "Oh, look! Someone is leaving!" He exclaimed, opening the car’s door. "I gotta go! Thanks for the drive and thank your umma for me, one more time. It was nice to meet you. Bye!" He waved at them and got out. "Minho-hyung!" Taemin yelled, running to the brunet. "Minho-hyung! Wait! Where are you going?"

"What happened with your face?" Minho asked when he turned to the younger. "Are you okay? Who did this to you?"

"It doesn’t matter, I’m fine now. But I need to tell you something! Onew-hyung is at home, isn’t he?"

"Yes, he is. And so is Jonghyun. But tell me… You’re making me nervous. Is anything wrong?"

Taemin didn’t answer and walked towards Onew’s house, ringing the bell. Minho followed him, with a worried expression on his face. When Onew opened the door, the two boys entered making the other two look at them with the eyes wide open.

"Taemin! Are you okay? Oh god, what happened? Why are you injured?" Jonghyun asked, hugging the younger boy.

"It was two guys. I was on my way to the bus station and they found me. I was so scared! But then, a boy named Kai found me and took me to his home. He was very kind. And you know what?" Taemin asked, seeing the other three nodded. "Do you remember Kibum? I mean, Kim Kibum-hyung?"

"Yeah, we do." Onew answered, confused. "But why did you remember him all of sudden?"

"I think I saw him today! Believe me, he was similar to him and he also makes every young person call him umma. Except for me, he didn’t let me do it."

"It can’t be. There are a lot of people similar to other people in the world. They can’t be the same." Minho said, pretty sure of what he was saying. "Just forget it. Did you saw who did this to you?"

"You don’t understand." Taemin said, ignoring the other’s question. "He took care of me, healed my wounds, and everyone respect his orders! That’s how I remember him."

"How is he?" Jonghyun asked, arching an eyebrow. "Can you describe him to us?"

"He’s taller than you." He said, making Jonghyun rolled his eyes and Minho chuckle.

"How funny!" Jonghyun said, faking a laugh. "Continue!"

"He has blond hair and strange glasses. And, as I said before, he made everyone call him umma."

"Do you see? It can’t be! Kibum wasn’t blond and he definitely didn’t use glasses." Minho said, while Jonghyun nodded.

"You know what?" Onew asked, with a thoughtful expression. "Maybe he’s right. Kibum may have dyed his hair."

"Why are you condoning with this idea?" Jonghyun asked, turning to Onew. "Do you really believe that Kibum…"

"They were naming him Key." Taemin said, remembering. "Do you see? Even the name!"

"What makes you think that Kibum has anything to do with Key? Not even close." Jonghyun said, making the other three stare at him. "What?"

"We can go check it." Onew said, pondering. "It doesn’t cost anything and we don’t think of it again. Do you know the way, Taemin?"

"I think so." Taemin said, with a victory smile on his face. "Let’s go!"

"Are we really doing this?" Jonghyun asked, holding Onew’s hand on the way to the car. "I preferred to stay at home with you and…"

"Hey!" Minho and Taemin said, raising their arms. "Shut up!"

"I’d say we could watch a movie, you erts!" Jonghyun said, entering in the car. "Why am I your friend?"

"Please, you love us." Minho said, chuckling. "Now, let’s go find that Kibum’s similar guy."

When all four of them were ready, Onew started the car. Unlike their usually extremely noisy trips, no sound could be heard in the car, except for Taemin’s directions. All of them were absorbed in their thoughts wondering what was going to happen if the guy was really Kibum. After so much time would he really be back in their lives?

 "It’s here, Luhan’s hyung car is there." The younger pointed, recognizing the car. "Maybe it’s a little late to visit."

"It’s barely past dinner time, Taemin and this was your idea. I’m not going back now." Jonghyun retorted already opening the door. "Come out!"

Minho got out of the car and held the door open for the younger that was still a little hesitant. Sure, it was his idea but what if he was wrong? He knew how his hyungs were sensitive about the Kibum issue, even though they tried to deny. Especially Minho. Yes, he was the worst. He avoided talk about Kibum like it was some kind of disease and Taemin was never sure why because from what he could remember Minho was the closest to the other boy.

He finally got out of the vehicle, leading the way to the building where he had been just about an hour ago. Although the streets were even darker than before, he wasn’t afraid anymore since he wasn’t alone. Even though he knew that being with the other three wouldn’t actually mean he could come out of a fight unscratched because the only one who could defend himself was Minho. Meanwhile the other two… Well, he was sure they would run off and hide somewhere.

When he reached the apartment door, he looked back to the others seeing how they were all giving him meaningful looks. Taemin took a deep breath and knocked the door. After a few minutes, it opened but instead of being a familiar face, it was a girl at the door who looked as confused as him.

"Hm, hi. Good night. I’m sorry for showing up so late but-"

"You’re so similar to Kai." The girl squealed not letting him finish, startling all of them. "You guys are really alike. Are you his cousin or something? And who are you?"

Taemin blinked and brought his hand to his neck. "I’m Taemin, I just-"

"Oh! You’re the boy they were all talking about!"

 Before Taemin could speak again, a lot of yelling was heard from the kitchen and was approaching them. " Yah! Noona, what’s taking you so long at the door? Dinner’s getting…" Key’s voice was slowly fading as he approached the door and saw who were on the other side. "Cold."

The blond boy was now at the door looking at the familiar faces trying to tell himself that that wasn’t happening. On the other side of the door, the other three were having trouble to believe that after so many years they were again face to face with their childhood friend. The one who disappeared all of the sudden without giving them any explanation or telling them goodbye.

"Ki-Kibum?" Jonghyun was the first one to talk. "Is it really you?"

"Get out."

So yeah, they found Kibum but it's not going to be an easy task to win him back.

Thank you for subscribing!