Five

Nothing's Over

“Hi Jjong!” Onew said when the smaller one opened the car’s door and got in. “Sorry, I’m late.”

“Don’t worry. Roo didn’t leave my lap; it took me a long time. We just came outside.” Jonghyun answered, kissing the other. “Thanks for pick me at vet.”

“You’re welcome; it doesn’t bother me at all. How is your lip?”

“It’s fine. The ice helped.” He said, smiling. “So, what have my lovely boyfriend done today?”

“What’s wrong with you?” Onew asked, looking at the other with a scared expression. “What have they done to you in the vet?”

“Haha, how funny! You are learning some jokes with Minho, aren’t you? Really, you two should write a comedy! And you can ask Taemin for help too, he would love it!”

“Okay, okay, sorry! I…”

“You… “Jonghyun said, looking at Onew when he took a long time to continue. "Are you okay?”

“I talked with Kibum today. I mean, I went looking for him.”

“What? Why would you do that? He punched me, do you remember? My lip!”

Onew sighed: “I haven’t told you before because I knew that you would freak out. And I was right, by the way. I just wanted to know what happened.”

“And did he tell you? I bet he didn’t.”

“No, he didn’t. But at least I know that it wasn’t our fault! At least he told me that!”

“Jinki, really, we all loved Kibum but he’s past now. You were the one who said that it was better not think about it.”

“Yeah, I said it yesterday because I needed some time to think. He’s still the same Kibum he was.”

“No, he isn’t. Kibum… He would never… He hit me!”

“Jjongie, calm down. I already talked with him, so forget it.” He said, followed by a silence. “Hum… I heard something about the guys who did that to Taemin. When I was with Kibum a girl appeared and tried to talk with him about some guys.” He shrugged. “I don’t know. Are you mad at me?”

“Of course not. I’m mad at Kibum for letting us missed him so much and I’m mad at me for getting so pissed about this subject. Let’s talk about something else!”

The older smiled and landed a hand on Jonghyun’s thigh: “We’re going out for dinner.”

“Are we?” The smaller one asked looking at the other, who nodded. “Well, fine. But first, we’re going home. Roo needs to rest. If you don’t mind.” He added, blinking.

 

**

 

“Why do you all keep coming back? It’s dangerous; I don’t want any of you around here.” Key kept rambling about the same thing since they leave the house. “People here aren’t nice and”

“Who else came?” Taemin interrupted, curious.

The blond looked at him through the corner of his eyes, still focusing on the road: “Jinki hyung.”

“Onew?”

“Who’s Onew?”

“Jinki hyung!”

“Why the hell are you calling him Onew then?” He asked, exasperated. The kid was insane. “You’re confusing me.”

Taemin rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest: “Well, it’s not my fault that you disappeared for five years and don’t know about that, umma.” He widened his eyes. “Hyung! Kibum hyung.”

“It’s okay.” He sighed, after a while of silence. “You can call me whatever you’re more comfortable with.”

“Really?” The younger jumped on his seat. “I told them you weren’t that different. I should have recognized you immediately that night. I mean, I did but you told me that you didn’t know me and you are physically changed so I thought I was just imagining stuff but”

“Hey, Taemin, calm down!” Kibum laughed upon the other’s excitement. “I get it that you’re happy.”

After that Taemin kept on talking about everything that popped in his mind. He wouldn’t tell anyone but when he arrived to Kai’s house earlier, he was secretly hoping that Kibum would appear and he could talk to him and sort the things out. He knew that the older boy always had a soft spot for him and he was ready to take advantage of that. It turned out that he didn’t need to use it since Kibum seemed a lot more easy going than the other night and wasn’t making this conversation a Taemin’s monologue.

When he parked in front of Taemin’s house, the younger boy didn’t shut up and the blond had to almost threaten him to leave the car.

“Thanks, umma. I hope to see you more often from now on.

“Don’t you dare to appear at my house, you hear me?”

“But umma…” He whined already outside of the car. “I thought we had rebounded. And I wanna be friends with Kai!”

Key sighed, again, feeling tired: “You can be friends with Kai but please, please, don’t go there. I’m trying to protect you, Taemin.”

“Whatever you say.” The younger pouted and shrugged. “But don’t expect me to lose contact with you again.”

The blond shook his head at the other and rolled his eyes, trying to fight his smile.

“Go in now, Taemin, it’s going to start to rain soon.”

“Yes, umma, see you soon.”

Taemin giggled and before the blond could retort, he started to run, moving away from the car and entering the house, waving at the older one. Kibum scrunched his nose, annoyed, because the kid didn’t understand anything that he had said, didn’t understand that he could really be in danger if Yongguk saw him again. He restarted the car, still thinking about the issue and that maybe it was better that if he warned Jinki because he could take care of it. Taemin always respected the older one no matter what. Well, they all kind of respect Jinki.

When Key returned to earth, the first thing he did was to notice that was indeed raining. But that wasn’t really a surprise to him, he was excepting it. What he wasn’t expecting was for a person to cross the street right in front of his car, resulting in him being thrown from his seat. He growled and got out of the car.

“What the hell were you thinking? This isn’t a crosswalk, you !” He shouted, starting to get wet from the rain while he approached the other person. He still could see him but it was definitely a man, a tall man, with brown hair that reminded him of…

“Minho?”

The other one turned to him and narrowed his eyes: “Kibum? Is that you?”

“No, I’m Jonghyun.” Key rolled his eyes. “Of course it’s me, idiot! What are you doing?”

He asked but then the cars behind his started to bonk.

“WAIT! DON’T YOU SEE I ALMOST RAN OVER SOMEONE? IF YOU’RE IN A HURRY, TRY TO FLY ABOVE THE CAR.” He looked at Minho again and saw him chuckle. “Insensitive people. What are you doing there? Get in the car.”

Minho stopped laughing and looked at Kibum with wide eyes: “Huh?”

 

So what do you guys think so far?

Thanks vanflamighty for your always kind words <3