Fourteen

Nothing's Over

Jonghyun and Onew were sitting on the couch watching some TV shows. They were still on their pajamas since they decided to stay home all day.

“Jinki, I’m bored.” Jonghyun said, yawning. “And I’m getting sleepy.”

“Is there anything you want to do? We can change our plans and go out if you want!” Onew said, grabbing the remote so he could turn the TV off. “I mean…” He started, being interrupted when Jonghyun pressed their lips together.

“I missed you.” The smaller one said, pulling away a little and smiling. “I missed you a lot.” He added, lying the other on the couch and biting his lip.

“If you remember, you were the one who got angry for no reason.” The other said, crossing his arms. “But yeah, I missed you too, idiot.”

“You know…” Jonghyun started, taking his shirt off. “Your pajama is kind of ugly. I think you look better without it.” He said, placing his hands on the other’s pants. “Do you need help?”

Onew was about to answer when his phone rang. At first, the only thing that crossed his mind was ‘not again’, but then he looked at Jonghyun’s expression and all his fears disappeared when he saw that his boyfriend was still smiling.

“I’ll answer it.” Jonghyun said, getting up and looking for the phone. “I’ll kill that person for interrupting our afternoon.” He said, picking up the object and looking at the screen. “Kim Kibum!”

“Hyung, I need to tell you something!” Kibum said, as soon as Jonghyun answered the call.

Once no reply was received, he called again.

“Jinki-hyung? Are you there?”

“Yeah.” Jonghyun answered, clearing his throat and trying to imitate Onew’s voice. “Go on.”

“Jonghyun, I know it’s you. “

“What are you talking about? My beloved boyfriend Kim Jonghyun is taking a bath right now. What do you want to tell me?”

“You really think you’re being convincing, don’t you? YAH! Why are you answering hyung’s phone? Don’t you have one for you?”

“It’s not my fault that you called Onew instead. Now tell me, what do you want?”

“I want to talk to Jinki-hyung. Come on, it’s important, can you stop being an idiot for a while?”

“Okay, I’ll give him the phone.” He said, stretching his arm to reach Onew and pressing the speaker button.

“Hello?” Onew said, shaking his head and smiling. “Kibum, are you okay?”

“I’m not sure.” He said, taking a deep breath, relaxing. “Okay, I’ll tell you. Yesterday, I was at home, sitting on the couch…”

“You called to tell me that you spent your day siting on the couch?” He asked, before Jonghyun decided to ask himself.

“No, no, no! I went to Minho’s house. And he was with Sulli so I freaked out a little but… After a few seconds everything changed and… I said that I wanted to kiss him and yeah, he kissed me.”

“I KNEW IT!” Jonghyun said, jumping and grabbing the phone. “I’m so proud!”

“IDIOT!” Kibum yelled. “God, I totally hate you! Don’t you have anything to do? I mean, something different from hearing other people’s conversation!”

“No, I don’t, you killed the mood.”

“Disgusting.”

“But tell me, are you dating now?”

“SHUT UP! Jinki-hyung can you hear me? Please, close your crazy boyfriend in the bathroom or something.”

“Okay, Jjongie, give me my phone and go prepare something for us to eat.” He said, making the other frown. “Please?” He added, knowing that Jonghyun will never be able to refuse it.

When the smaller one got out of the room, Jinki thought about the news and he knew exactly what Kibum should do.

“Well, congratulations.” Jinki said, having as reply a “not you too, please”, and continuing. “Now you need to talk to Minho.”

“What do you mean talk to M-Minho?” Kibum asked, with a thin voice, clearing his throat. “I said I would but I can’t.”

“Of course you can.”

“I can’t. Hyung, I can’t, believe me. I’m not good at this kind of things, I get really nervous and I can’t say or do anything right.”

“So, what do you want to do?”

After a few seconds of silence, Kibum answered: “Okay, I’ll talk to him. Yeah, I’ll do it. Thank you, hyung. Bye.”

Kibum disconnected the call and stared at the screen. He was absolutely sure that he needed to call Minho until he saw the number on the screen.

“Kim Kibum, you can do it!” He said out loud to himself. “Please, how difficult can it be? Just press the green button!”

The blond exclaimed, staring at the phone again. After a few minutes, he pressed the button and pressed the object against his ear.

“Hello…” A sleepy voice answered, making Kibum freeze. “Hello?”

“Y-Yah! Why are you sleeping?” Key asked, hearing Minho coughing. “At least I know that you’re home now.”

“K-Kibum?”

“Yes, of course it’s me! Get ready; I’m in my way to your house right now.” He said, feeling his legs shake. “Can I?”

“Yes, you can but… Is anything wrong?” He asked with a serious voice. “I wasn’t expecting your call.”

“We need to talk! There’s something that I need to tell you and it has to be now.” He said, grabbing his keys.

Without hearing the other’s response, Kibum disconnected the call and almost ran to his car not bothering to tell anyone where he was going.

 

**

“Can I come in?”

Minho blinked a few times and stepped aside: “Yeah, of course. “

“What’s wrong with you?”

“What’s wrong with me?”

Kibum sighed and rolled his eyes: “First you told me that you weren’t expecting my call when I told you yesterday that I was going to call and now you seem lost.”

“I…” Minho gulped. “Sorry…”

“You regret everything , don’t you? I knew it was a mistake.” The blond said, shaking his head. “I should have never come here.”

“Ki…”

“This is so stupid! Even for me. Who would have thought that you could actually reciprocate my feelings? I mean… Why do I even love you after all this years?”

Minho looked confused while Kibum kept on talking: “Kibum, I…”

“No, it’s okay, Minho. We will pretend this never happened.”

“What?”

“I think it’s for the best since you obviously regret it. I just… Don’t talk to me in the next days because I might not answer so…” The blond was having a fight with the door handle and when Minho’s hand landed on top of his, he flinched and turned to him. “What are you doing?”

“That’s what I want to ask you. What are you talking about?”

“About… the kiss.”

Minho sighed and stepped closer to the blond, grabbing his hands. “And why do you think I want to forget about it?”

“You don’t?

“Why would I? It was the best thing that happened to me recently apart from having you back.”

Kibum blushed a little and wrapped his hands around his torso, hugging him tightly, trying to hide it. Minho repeated the action, smiling contently and kissed his temple. Both of them walked to the living room and sat at the sofa with the blond snuggling into Minho’s warm embrace, stretching his legs to the opposite side.