Mission 1: Breakfast in bed

I was stupid

TAO'S POV

          I looked at the ground while tears were blurring up my vision. Everything seemed so wrong, so dull, and so meaningless. How could I still be crying over someone who’s not mine anymore? Was I being a bad boyfriend? It just hurts so much to watch the person you love so much fall in love with someone else. The weather has been gloomy for that past four days. I’ve been staring outside the window, watching the rain fall onto the ground, making new puddles on the concrete. I feel like in a Korean drama. I felt like that one motherer who would ruin the relationship and try to get the prince. A soft knock was heard outside the guest room door.

“Tao.” Chen hyung came in and closed the door softly.

“Hey gege.” I smiled.

“How are you doing?” He asked.

“Better.” I said quietly.

“I’m sorry this had to happen to you.” He caressed my hair softly as if I was a child.

“It’s alright. I guess we weren’t meant to be.” I looked at the ceiling to prevent my tears from falling.

       He sat closer to me and hugged me tightly while rubbing my back brotherly. No words were said. Only silence and the sounds of sniffles filled the room. I grabbed onto Chen’s white button shirt tightly and cried harder. Choked sobs were coming out of my mouth. He held me tighter and rested his chin on top of my red hair. I wish Kris was holding me like this. I hope Chanyeol will be a better boyfriend than I ever was. Park motherin Chanyeol, you better take care of Kris. Xiumin came in the room. He sat next to me and smiled at me, a sympathetic smile that is.

“I’m leaving for work. There’s food in the fridge and if you need anything you just call me or Chen.” He looked at Chen. “Jagi, It’s already 7:00. I don’t want you to be late again.”

“I’ll see you later Tao.” He let me go and waved before walking out the door.

“You better not skip dinner again.” Baozi glared.

“I know I know.” I said softly.

          He ruffled my hair and walked out the door. The room was once again silent but the only sound of the rain hitting the glass window remained. My stomach growled loudly so I walked downstairs. I went the Kitchen and opened the fridge. I’m guessing the container that looked like a panda had the food. I grabbed it and opened it. There was Kimbap and Korean barbecue. I grabbed a pair of chopstick in one of the drawers and dug right in. It felt so good to eat food again without throwing it up. I’ve been skipping all my meals and only drank ice cold water while I stayed here. I kind of feel better ever since...that incident occurred....and there goes the tears. Oh God I can’t do this. I went to garbage and spat out the chewed food. A water bottle was sitting on the counter so I grabbed it and finished the whole bottle. What’s the point of eating? I walked back upstairs to the guest bedroom and fell asleep but my phone kept on ringing. A blocked number? I picked up my phone and answered it.

“Hello?” I said.

“Tao...” That familiar deep raspy voice. Kris...

I didn’t answer and listened to his heavy breathing.

“Tao, I’m sorry please come back. I don’t know why I went back to Chanyeol. I’m sorry. I’m truly sorry. I don’t expect you to forgive me yet but I just want you to know, I still love you with all my heart. I was stupid and immature. Just please comeback. Please...” He trailed off. I could hear the regret in his voice.

“I...Goodbye Wufan.” I hung up the phone and brought up to my chest. Tears were dripping down my face and I began to cry harder than ever. I ran downstairs to the cabinets to grab a bottle of Chen’s secret stash of soju. I opened the cap quickly and jugged down the alcohol. I could never handle my alcohol. I started feeling a dizzy. I almost fell to the ground but I placed my left hand on the counter to prevent myself from falling face first.

Author’s POV

Xiumin came back home pretty early from work around 9:30 because his boss was apparently in a good mood so he gave most of his workers the day off. He unlocked the door and kicked off his shoes.

“Taozi! I’m home! Did you eat yet?!” He went to straight to the kitchen and couldn’t belive his eyes. Tao was lying on the floor with 2-3 bottles soju on the floor and cussing about something or someone. The older ran to the younger and dragged him to the couch. He grabbed a pillow and placed it under the panda’s head.

“Tao...”

“Hyung! Wassup!? *hiccup* I can see two of you HAHAHA!” He words were slurred.

“Why the are you drinking?!” Xiumin yelled.

“You won’t believe what happened today. That *hiccup* jackass called me today and apologized.  He also said he still *hiccup* loves me. HA! What a bad liar. If he was gon*hiccup*-na lie to me again he should’ve made it more believable.” He began laughing loudly.

“Tao-”

“What does Chanyeol have that I don’t have? *hiccup* Looks? Brains? Money? He was always *Hiccup* better than me with every thing. He has everything. Now he has Wufan. What a good life he’s living.” He tried grab another bottle.

“Tao! Stop drinking already!” Xiumin yelled and grabbed the bottle away. The younger whined.

“Hyung~” He pouted.

“Tao, please stop.” He said softly but the younger was already fast asleep. He grabbed a blanket and covered Tao with it. Tao, please forgive me of what I’m about to do.

Kris’s POV

There’s me, crying my eye balls out in our once shared bedroom because Tao wouldn’t respond. I’ve called him 16 times and texted him 72 times to be exact. I’ve noticed that I always cause Tao’s tears. Even when we were together, it was always me who made him cry and depressed. I’m a really bad boyfriend for making him like that. My phone rung and I excitedly swiped the answer button and put the phone close to my ear.

“Tao!”

“N-no it’s Xiumin.”

“O-oh, well hey hyung.”

“Hi Kris. Um, I know what’s going on between you and Tao but just pick him up from here...right now.” He voice was filled with concern.

“Why? What happened to him?!”

“Just come and you’ll see for yourself.” He hung up the phone.

I quickly grabbed my jacket and ran downstairs to the front door. Luckily Xiumin lived close by so I could just walked. I finally reached the front door and pressed the door bell. The chubby faced boy opened the door to let me in.

“What’s going on?” I said.

He brought me to the living room without saying a word. Tao was lying on the couch with 2-3 bottles of soju on the ground. I’m guessing he got drunk because of me. I picked up Tao bridal-style and looked at Tao.

“Try to win him back.” The orange haired man said while patting my back.

“You don’t think I’m a complete ?”

“You are an but I’ve always shipped Taoris.” He smiled and led me to the front door.

“Thanks.” I said and smiled.

I walked outside, letting the cold light breeze hit my face. I swear this boy feels 10 pounds lighter. Have you been eating? You’ve gotten paler too. Seriously Tao, I can feel your hip bone press against my stomach. His dark circles have gotten more darker. Don’t worry my panda, I’ll take care of you. We finally reached the house so I walked upstairs and placed him gently on our bed. Yes, OUR bed. It feels good to say that again. I brushed away the strands of hair away from his face and lightly kissed his forehead.

“Goodnight Tao. I love you.” I turned off the lamp and walked out the bedroom door.

MIssion 1 starts tomorrow! Fighting~

NEXT MORNING

Tao's POV

Ughhhhhh, why does my head feel like I got hit by a hammer? Oh yeah. I slowly sat up and stretched my arms before rubbing the sleepyness away from my eyes. This is not Xiumin gege’s living room, this is

.


.


.


.


.

 

.


KRIS’S BEDROOM!? What am I doing here? Wait no, How did I get here? Kim Minseok you are dead. The smell of bacon, fried eggs, and pancakes entered the room. Kris came in holding a plate of delicious looking breakfast and slowly walked towards me.

“Good morning Zitao.” He smiled.

 

 I tried to look at my hands to avoid Kris's eyes. Honestly, who could look at those eyes? All I could see is betrayal and lies. I stayed silent and only stared at him and back at the food. He awkwardly cleared his throat to break the silence.

“Eat a lot. I have work today but I’ll come back around six.” His face was getting closer to mine but I backed away and glared at him.

“I-I’ll just go now.” He smiled nervously.

He stood up and and walked towards the door, but clumsily bumped his foot against the door. A small smile began to form on my face but I tried to hide it. He turned his head towards me and looked at me.

“Th-that never h-happened.” He limped out the door.

I could only chuckle quietly and think that was a cute awkward scene. I looked at the food and took a small piece of the bacon to put in top of another small of egg and bacon before putting it in my mouth. I admit, it tasted really good and I didn’t even feel like throwing up this time. What’s with the breakfast tray? Oh, I get it. He’s trying to not make me mad so I won’t wushu his when he goes to Chanyeol. That's probably where he's heading to after work. Is he trying to make me gain my feelings for him again so he could break it once again in front of my face? What is he trying to prove? Kris, can't you understand that you're making everything worse? Everytime I see you, my heart breaks into a million of pieces all over again. Once again, there goes the ing tears.

 

Kris's POV

I exited the bedroom while limping. Stupid door. At least I made him smile. He's cute little smile, the way his eyes turn into crescents, and the rosy pink that would show on his cheek is more than enough for me. Tao, I shall gain your trust again! On to plan out Mission 2.


Holy it's been almost a month since I updated. Sorry guys. I had major writer's block and no inspiration. We edited this alot because my brother edited it for me. He tried to put me in Tao's position so we added more sad parts and one tiny cute scene. Please excuse the other mistakes. Buhbye ^.^