Home....

Let Me Be

 

The rest of the school day had gone by and not once did Kyuhyun play with his electronic contraption. After his aunt had said that she was going to call his father, the only thing that had roamed Kyuhyun's head was what his father was going to make him do for a punishment. For one of the consequences he for sure knew that his father would take away his play stations and computer too. What he hoped for is that his father didn't take away his cell phone. That was the only thing he needed to let him get through the day if he did not have his PS Vita of anything else. He needed his phone for emergencies to contact people, and since he was going to get his game stations take away, he was going to need his cell phone to call some people for emergencies. He needed them to calm himself. This was not the right way to prove to his parents that he can be an adult. By getting corrupted by his game stations. 
 
Kyuhyun had his long- hands stuffed in the pockets of his uniform cackies. He drug his feet against the concrete as he was making his way home. Today he did not want to get home as fast as usual because he knew what would be waiting for him once he entered the property. 
 
As soon as Kyuyhyun opened the gates of The Cho Family, Kyuhyun followed the stone rock path that led to the front door of his parents house. Kyuhyun stopped in front of the door then took a deep breath for a moment to calm himself a bit. He then reached his hand for the knob of the door then quietly opened the door, making his way in then closing it behind him as he entered. Kyuhyun took his shoes off then set it aside with his parents shoes which gave him a hint that his parents were already home. Kyuhyun bit onto his lower lip then made his way for the living room. Once he entered the living room, Kyuhyun had seen his father sitting on the master chair while his mother was leaned against the back of the big lazy boy chair. 
 
Kyuhyun sat in the lazy boy chair that was across from his parents then set his bag down onto the coffee table. His father had eyed Kyuhyun since he appeared into the living room. He gulped then leaned back into the chair to make himself comfortable while he was being scolded and punished. 
 
"Good evening son."His father stated flatly with his hands folded in his lap. Kyuhyun nodded his head once in response to his fathers words. 
 
"Good evening father. How was work?"Kyuhyun then pulling himself to smile and show some sort of emotion as he spoke to his father to hopefully try and ingratiate himself from a trouble that was awaiting him. 
 
Kyuhyun's father brought his view down to his folded hands in his lap before releasing a low chuckle. Kyuhyun sat there blinking for a few moments as he watched his father laugh. This made Kyuhyun scared for some reason. The only person who Kyuhyun truely feared was his father himself. His was a strict man and wanted the best for his son and Kyuhyun knew that. He just never believed he was good for what his father believed in. 
 
Kyuhyun's father unfolded his hands then set them on each of the arm rest at his sides. He brought another hand up to fix his glasses before looking across to Kyuhyun. 
 
"Well my day was going swell until I had gotten a call from your aunt at school."
 
"oh..."Kyuhyun responded flatly then looking down a bit. 
 
Kyuhyun's father slightly rose a brow at his son's response. 
 
"Is that all you can say, young man?"His father asked him. 
 
Kyuhyun shook his head, "No father..."
 
Kyuhyun's father cleared his voice before putting a leg over the other then looking to Kyuhyun's mother, who responded to his look with a soft nod. 
 
"Kyuhyun, I am very disappointed in you. I thought you were better than what I heard on the phone from your aunt,"His father stated. 
 
Kyuhyun brought his head up to look at his father as he spoke, otherwise he was get scolded more for not looking at him while he was speaking. 
 
"I know father, and I am sorry.." apologized Kyuhyun with little enthusiasm. 
 
"You should be sorry. Not only will your failing grades effect you from graduation, but how do you think the colleges will look at you?"His father asked. Kyuhyun sat still and quiet. 
 
"There was an event that happened two days ago. Can you please tell me what was the event?"asked Kyuhyun's father. 
 
"It was my 18th birthday..."
 
"Ah, yes 18th birthday...And isn't 18 the age where you are considered an adult?"
 
Kyuhyun nodded his head then brought his head low. His father looked at his bag that lied on the coffee table in front of him. 
 
"Kyuhyun-ah"
 
"Yes, father?"
 
"Please bring me your bag," Kyuhyun's heart froze. The words he was waiting to come out of his fathers mouth had finally been said. This was it, the moment he'd have to give up his things so he can focus on his school work. 
 
Kyuhyun got up form his seat then stretched out his right arm to grab at his backpack. He picked it up then walked towards his father on the opposite end then handed his father his backpack. Kyuhyun then turned to leave back to his seat, but before he could even make a step a hand grabbed firmly onto his forearm. Kyuhyun gasped then looked back at his father who was looking at his bag. 
 
"I want you to stay standing right here while I inspect your bag."
 
Kyuhyun sighed then turned back to face his father. He folded his hands in front of him then watched as his dad had undone the button on his back then watched as his dad started observing every pocket. He watched as his father pulled his iPod, PSP, PS Vita, DS i XL, Laptop, Game Boy and other contraptions out, including his cell phone. All his bag held was one pencil, his wallet and the rest were his electronics that he used to play his video games. Including his cell phone. 
 
Kyuhyun's father looked as if he had a disappointed look spread across his expression as he eyed each object in front of him. Was this all the things his son used to keep him from doing his work? His father had felt himself at a very upset point that he did not know what to do. His son had literally abused these items to skip his class work and he was not fond of his only son doing this, not one bit. 
 
Kyuhyun's mother's eyes got big as she looked at the items that were set out. She did not even know what some of them were, but yet her son had it. She put her hand on her forehead then shook her head. She looked at Kyuhyun who had his head hung low. Kyuhyun had betrayed his parent's wishes for these instruments. He felt bad because they worked hard to get him where he is today. 
 
"Kyuhyun-ah..."His father said breaking the silence. Kyuhyun looked up to see his father while he spoke. 
 
"Yes, father?"
 
"I cannot believe you chose to fail your class just to play with this stuff. Is this really how you want to be as an adult? Give up everything and just sit around and play these....things? Is that what you want?"He asked looking at Kyuhyun as he rubbed his hands over his forehead. 
 
Kyuhyun shook his head, "No father, that is not what I want."
 
"Then what is it that you want?"
 
"I want to be an independant adult and be able to work hard for myself."Kyuhyun replied. 
 
"That's good, but in order for that to happen, you cannot be distracted, therefore I am going to have take these away from you until I hear of good things about you."His father said leaning back into his chair. 
 
"But father..."
 
"No buts Kyuhyun-ah. You need to work hard to get these back. Until then your mother and I will keep them." Kyuhyun's father stated flatly. 
 
Kyuhyun nodded once then looked at his father, "can I at least keep my phone for emergencies?"
 
"Do you have games on your phone?"
 
"Yes.."
 
Kyuhyun's father diverted his attention away from his son to think about it the question. Emergencies was a good reason to let his son keep his phone but with the video games on it, would it be right? Deep in thought, Kyuhyun's father sat back in his seat to look at his wife. She read his face expression before nodding then looking to her son. 
 
"You father's face expression reads that you may keep your phone, but we are going to cancel the games from your phone so you won't be able to get distracted while you are studying"She said. Kyuhyun's face lit up a bit. The fact that he get's to keep his phone made him better but the fact that his parents were removing the games from his phone was not a pleasing thing to hear. They were really cutting him off from playing any sort of game on an electronical contraption. Kyuhyun had to deal with it whether he liked it or not. This was his results of failing.