School...Pfftt!

Let Me Be

Kyuhyun sat in the back row of his current classroom, sitting in his desk that only he himself sat at. There was a desk next to his that many people would sit at during the school days that went by. But during Kyuhyun's homeroom classroom hour, everyone was afraid to sit by him, except his own friends who were in his class with him, but his friends sat in other places because the teacher thought it would be good for them. 

 

Kyuhyun had his hands under his desk that grasped his PSP as he played a video game. Kyuhyun made a low grunting noise, breaking the silence that his classroom was burried in. A few people looked back at Kyuhyun, giving him a glare, looking as if he had interrupted their studying. Kyuhyun frowned then gave them all a death, scaring them a bit and causing those few people to flinch and wince quietly. They turned their directions back to do their school work while Kyuhyun sat up straight in his desk then fixed his uniform coat, continueing to play his video game, getting lost in the visual effects. 

 

Once Kyuhyun was comfortable again, the door to the classroom had opened, pulling the entire classroom, including Kyuhyun's to shoot up and inspect who was at the door. In came an unfamiliar face of a boy with black hair. HIs hair was short but it was not too short and nor was it too long. It was good enough to cover half of his face a bit and also good enough to frame his face. 

 

The class watched as the unknown boy walked towards the teachers desk and hand her a small piece of paper. Kyuhyun watched as the teacher scrolled her eyes through the paper before suddenly grabbing her yard stick then slamming it onto her desk, causing everyone to jump in their seats. The full attention of the classroom was grabbed once again. 

 

 

"Everybody, today we have a new student who will be joining us, Lee Sungmin"The teacher said in a loud voice so that everyone could hear her. 
 
"Hello," Lee Sungmin greeted to class, bringing his hands up and waving his hand slowly. 
 
The class lowered the upper portions of their bodies in a bowing formation, greeting the new student. Cho Kyuhyun by himself, in the back of the clas, gave a silent chuckle that only those few who surrounded the left to the right of him and as well as the front of him could hear his chuckle. 
 
"Yaa! Cho Kyuhyun! Greet your new classmate!" The teacher yelled from the front of the classroom, slamming her yard stick against the white board. 
 
Kyuhyun rolled his eyes then gave a long sigh before bringing his round dark brown eyes back up to look at Sungmin. Kyuhyun's lips reached from ear to ear in a smile to the new student, then bowed his upper body. 
 
"Welcome Lee Sungmin." Kyuhyun's deep voice greeted warmly to the new student. Sungmin nodded his head once to the youngers greeting then diverted his attention back to the teacher. 
 
"Now let me see if I can find you a seat, Sungmin.."The teacher spoke softly so that only they were the only two who heard her. 
 
Sungmin watched as his new homeroom teacher observed the clasrrom to find him a new seat. The plumped lipped boy smiled then spoke softly to grab her attention. 
 
"Teacher, do not worry, I know where I want to sit."He said then made his way down silent isle. 
 
Kyuhyun watched as the new student made his way back to the desk beside his own. He watched as the older had settled himself into the new seat and get comfortable. The way the new student was already comfortable in the seat next to Kyuhyun's had annoyed him. He did not like anybody sitting by him, he liked to be alone and just play his video games in silence at the back of the class while the other students did their work. 
 
Kyuhyun leaned back into his seat as he watched Sungmin grab out a pencil and notebook. What caught Kyuhyun's attention even more was that Sungmin's notebook was pink. And his backpack as well. He did not notice that the moment Sungmin stepped into the class, maybe because Sungmin was facing the class the entire time when he was being introduced. 
 
What boy wears pink? Does the new student like the color pink or something? First of all why did Sungmin want to sit by a jerk such as himself? So many questions had went through Kyuhyun's head, but an answer to these riddles were remained to be unanswered. 
 
"Kyuhyun-ah!"yelled the teacher from the front of the class, drawing away Kyuhyun's thoughts that lurked around in his head. Kyuhyun looked to the teacher and saw how she had a slight frown upon her face. 
 
"yes?"responded Kyuhyun in a flat tone. 
 
"be nice to Sungmin-ah, okay? He chose to sit by you, now make him feel comfortable."
 
Kyuhyun frowned a bit, having to making this stranger that he did not know one bit, beside his name frustrated him. He was never good with new faces. 
 
To respond to the teachers request, Kyuhyun nodded his head once then brought his view back to his PSP. After the teacher had walked out of the classroom, Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin, who was holding a pink pen in his hand. Kyuhyun rose a brow to this sighting. 
 
Does he really own a lot of pink things? Kyuhyun asked himself once again. 
 
As Sungmin sat in his new seat, writing his assignments down in his notebook with his pink pen that wrote in pink ink, he had began to get the feeling of being uncomfortable. He tried his very best to ignore the feeling but the feeling of eyes on him kept bugging and distracting him from continuing to write his assignments down. Sungmin stopped writing then set his pen down aside his notebook then took a deep breath before running his hands across his face to brush off the stress. He did not know why he was feeling so uncomfortable. He felt as if eyes above him were starring him down, but could that have been real? Were eyes really starring him down? 
 
"Why do you look so uncomfortable? You're the one who decided to sit there"said Kyuhyun, interrupting Sungmin from his thoughts. 
 
Sungmin diverted his eyes to look at Kyuhyun who was already looking at him. Could those dark brown eyes be what was bothering Sungmin this entire time? Was Kyuhyun the one causing him to feel so uncomfortable? Sungmin did not know and if he was, Sungmin had no evidence to prove that it was Kyuhyun.
 
"I just feel like someone is looking at me that's all."Sungmin stated flatly to try and hide how nervous was in this moment. As a result, a low chuckle came from Kyuhyun. Sungmin blinked a few times before looking at Kyuhyun once again who brought his PSP from his pocket then began playing it again. 
 
"If that is how you feel, then maybe you should sit somewhere else. You obviously cannot handle sitting by me and maybe in fact do not deserve that seat"Kyuhyun suggested. 
 
Sungmin gave a low laugh before picking up his pen again and beginning to start one of his assignments on his list. 
 
"I will not give this seat up. I chose to sit here." Sungmin responded, with confidence in his voice. 
 
Kyuhyun stopped playing his game then looked at the pink pen once again in Sungmin's hand. Kyuhyun smirked then grabbed his backpack off the floor then threw it over his shoulder. 
 
"Fine, whatever you say."
 
Kyuhyun got up from his seat then stopped behind Sungmin and leaned in towards to his right ear. 
 
"A reminder that I warned you, you cannot handle sitting by me."Kyuhyun whispered into Sungmin's ear before walking towards the exit of the classroom then the bell ringing to change classes the moment after Kyuhyun walked out. 
 
Sungmin sat there then quirked his lips as watched Kyuhyun leave out the classroom. This young boy was sure something, but Sungmin could not figure out what. 
 
Sungmin reached down for his backpack then stuffed his notebook and pens into the pockets before heading towards the exit of the classroom then whispering to himself, "Other people may have let you win over them mysterious Cho Kyuhyun, but not this bunny boy."
 
Hours had passed and it was already time to go home. Sungmin walked out of the school building with his hands stuffed into his cackie pockets. He looked up at the evening sky that had a slight orange glow running through it. His first day of school was not like he planned, but his first days of school at a new campus was never how he expected. At times there were guys who picked on him and called him a girl for liking such things, but other times no one even bothered him. 
 
Today was different from those experiences that he had faced. Today there was only one person who was bugging him and that was his younger classmate, Cho Kyuhyun. This fella was something but Sungmin was still unable to determine what he was. 
 
Sungmin grabbed his cell phone out of his pocket then dialed his friend Ryeowook's number. He figured he could contact someone from his old school to get his mind off of this weird first day of school. 
 
Sungmin listened to the ringback tone that played, while he was waiting for Ryeowook to answer. 
 
"yeobeoseyo~~"said the other male on the other line. 
 
Sungmin chuckled then began making his way downtown to find the park. 
 
"oh~ finally a voice I recognize"Sungmin chuckled once again. 
 
"hwaa~~ Sungmin-ah! I've been waiting for your call! Pabo, how was your first day at your new school?"Ryeowook asked with excitement being exposed through his voice. 
 
Sungmin sighed, "It was....,"Sungmin then went silent as he started to think about it again.
 
"hyung, are you there? YA!"Ryeowook screamed into the speaker, causing Sungmin to break out of his thoughts from school. 
 
"Oh~ I apologize Wookie, I was trying to recap what happened today"
 
"Was it that bad, hyung?"
 
"No it wasn't, but it was infact weird in my new homeroom class"
 
"why is that?"Ryeowook asked. 
 
"I think my new classmate threatened me. He doesn't seem like a very welcoming person"Sungmin shrugged then as he reached the park, he made his way towards a bench and sat down on it, settling his pink bag next to him. 
 
"Threatened you? Is he mean, hyung?"
 
"I don't know," Sungmin laughed. "Ya! Let's drop that, it makes me uncomfortable..How was the first day of me not being at school with you?"Sungmin asked as he observed the park, and looking for who was there. 
 
"It was lame!! Lame! Lame! Lame! I felt so alone and shy, and that ladies man, Yesung kept bothering me..."Ryeowook said with a cute voice, pouting on the other line. Sungmin chuckled. The way Ryeowook's voice went into a cute state got Sungmin thinking that his friend was pouting. He didn't need to be there in order to tell if his friend was pouting, it was in the voice for Sungmin to determine whether he was or not. 
 
"You better watch yourself Ryeowook, he might be after you since I'm not there anymore to protect you"he joked. 
 
"Ya! Don't say that, it makes me feel uncomfortable..."
 
"Welcome to the club.."Sungmin sighed a bit as he leaned back against the bench. 
 
"Sungmin-ah, I have to help my mom cook dinner, I will call you tomorrow, okay?"Ryeowook said as his voice rose a bit.
 
"okay Ryeowook, later!"Sungmin said into the reciever then closing his phone and stuffing it back into his pocket. 
 
Sungmin did not get to have a very long conversation with his dear friend from his old school, but as long as he got to speak with someone he knew, it made him feel better. He had been surrounded in people he didn't know and did not recognize. Ryeowook was just the right person he wanted to relax him from the weird day he had spent. 
 
Sungmin looked at the time on his wrist watch. It was nearing dinner time. Sungmin put his hands on his tummy before picking his backpack up and throwing it over his shoulder. Sungmin had began his journey back home. Though while he was walking home, he could of sworn he saw his younger classmate, Kyuhyun in an alley that he passed on his way home. Could that have been Kyuhyun or was Sungmin just seeing someone who looked like his younger classmate? 
 
 
------------------------------------------------
 
Sorry for late post, I've been busy lately >__< and plus my Cousin and Nieces from Alaska came to Visit, so I was away to greet them too...But I'm working on the next chapter, maybe I'll have it up tomorrow! ^^