Oh, Junsu

The Love Triangle

Yoochun

Hamburgers and fries was not my kind of food, but I hadn't had them in a long time, so I forgot how good they were. Eating at a fast food place wasn't what I really wanted, to be honest, though. I wanted to take Junsu out to a decent place to eat not some place that smelled like grease. I felt so unhealthy just by looking at my hamburger buns.

Watching Junsu struggle to fit a hamburger in his mouth was very entertaining. I barely touched my own food. I was too distracted by him. I was having more fun than I was suppose to be having. He would talk with food in his mouth then laugh at how funny he sounded. "Wuv kow halentimes fay ish fumming up, mffh?" He said with a mouth full. I couldn't make out what he was saying.

"What language are you even speaking?" I laughed. He wasn't speaking Korean. I knew that for sure.

"mmph--"

"No. No. No. Swallow first." I gave him a look of disgust. "You're gross." He was like a kid. He wasn't one of those kids that played with their food. He was the one that chewed with their mouth open. I think he was only doing this on purpose. He didn't care how silly he acted around me because he thought I wasnt going to judge him no matter what the situation was. But deep down inside, I was judging hard.

"I said..." He swallowed. "You know valentines day is coming up, right?"

"Of course."

"You know you cant spend it with the both of us."

It took me a while to figure out what 'us' was referring to. Him and Hyuna. "I know. I'm going to spend it with you this year like I did last year...and the year before that...and the year before that...and--"

"Yeah. heh heh." He laughed, but it was an awkward one. A fake one. Usually hearing that type of laugh from him was never a good sign. "I get it..."

"What? What's wrong?"

"Nothing..."

I kicked him from under the table. "Tell me."

"Its nothing..."

I kicked him harder. "Tell me, Junsu."

"Ow! I said its nothing." He bit his bottom lip to keep himself from screaming. "Don't worry about it."

"Too bad. You shouldn't had laughed like that." I stabbed his leg with the pointy part of my boot. I could've kicked him in the place that hurt the most for every guy if I really wanted to."Now you have to tell me."

"Ow! What is wrong with you? That hurts!" He was whining a bit too loud. He was bringing attention to the table. I didn't want the attention because I didn't want to deal with people recognizing me or him and asking for more autographs and pictures. I had to block my face with the palms of my hands.  "I was just going to ask a question but you'll just think it's a stupid one." He finally admitted. he placed his hands on top of the table.

"No, I wont. No question is stupid." I lied. He had asked many stupid questions before. Some were so stupid that I couldn't even give him an answer. I wondered how stupid the question he was about to ask me was going to be. Whether it was bad or good. I had to prepare myself for who knew what was going to come out from this mans mouth.

He took a quick glance at me then stared down at his hands and began to fidget with them. I could read how he was feeling. He only fidgeted with his hands when he was nervous or shy. Right now, it looked like a mixture of both. I reached across the table to take his hands.

"I was only wondering..." He paused, his voice shook. He looked up at me thinking I wouldn't be staring at him but I was. He turned his cheek. "...Why is someone like you, who's rich and famous with nice cars and a gigantic house, dating someone as poor as me that only works at a bakery and lives in a tiny apartment?"

I didn't know what to say. Junsu was famous. He didn't think he was but I thought he was. And his apartment wasn't small. It looked ugly on the outside, but on the inside it looked very high class. He had matching carpet that complimented his walls and nice furniture. I still liked coming over and staying the night. I didn't have to since I had a house of my own yet I slept over anyway. The size of someone's house or how popular the other was had nothing to do with loving someone. I wish he had known that it was his personality as well as his physical appearance that made me fall for him not the size of his house or his job or his popularity. He had a heart, a beautiful voice when he sang to me, a good taste in clothes--he dressed better than me--, and a beautiful face. He was a rare find. It was hard to search for someone like him. Most of the celebrities I had met were the type of people where if I spent an hour or two with them, I would have the urge to hit them. I couldn't stand being with them for too long or I would lose my mind and go completely insane. Junsu wasn't one of those people. I could spend so much time with him or be around him and I would not get bored or lose my mind. He was suppose to feel lucky. He was not suppose to be doubting our relationship. The couples that doubted each other would get upset, but I wasn't upset. I was pretty calm because I understood where he was coming from. It wasn't his fault.

It was quiet for a few moments until I knew what to say. "Why would you even ask yourself that?" I let go of his hands and pushed them away from me.

"I don't know. I just..." He scratched the back of his head out of frustration. "I really don't know. Ah! Never mind. It was a stupid question."

It kind of was a stupid question. It was probably one of the most stupidest questions I had ever heard. I wasn't going to complain about it, though. I was going to pretend we never even had this conversation. I didn't say anything back. I swallowed down my cup of coffee. Junsu took a sip of his too except it wasn't coffee. It was water. Things were getting awkward between us. Neither of us said a thing. The awkwardness was suffocating me. One of us needed to say something, but it definitely wasn't going to be me.

"Um, can I ask you a favor?" He said, not making eye contact. "My apartment is being invaded by ants and the exterminators start spraying this afternoon. I'm looking for a place to stay. Do you think you can um," There he went again with the fidgeting hands. "...Do you mind if I stay at your place for a little bit until its safe for me to go back?"

"Of course. Why would I say no to that?" I watched as his face lid up. "You're always welcome to my home, but please, don't be afraid to ask me for something. It makes me think I'm intimidating or a threat to you. That actually hurts my feelings..."

He got up from his chair to sit next to me. "I'm sorry." He pulled me into a hug. "I don't mean for my actions to come out that way."

His cheek was pressed against my cheek. I felt something wet and sticky so I had to pull away. He looked at me weird. "Its okay..." I said. I rubbed my cheek and took at look at my palm. It was ketchup that had smudged on my cheek.

"What? What's wrong?"

I took a double take at him. There had been ketchup sitting on the rim of his mouth and a blob of it on his cheek. I was just realizing it now. How long has that been there? I wanted to the ketchup off his face, but something told me not to. Then I remembered that we were in a public area and this wasn't the best place to be doing that. Something felt strange. I didn't know what it was till I scanned around the restaurant and all these judgmental eyes were staring directly at me. Junsu was waiting for me to kiss him. His eyes were closed and his lips were puckered. I shoved him away, a bit too hard though. He fell backwards and collapsed on the floor. I wasn't quite sure whether it was okay to laugh at him or if i should had helped him up.

I laughed my off.

 

- - - - - - -  - - -  - - - - - - - -  - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - -  - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - -  - --  - - - - -  - -  - - - -  - - - - - -  - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - -- - -

Yoosu couple is so cute, arent they? Ah! how they can barely do skinship or do lovey dovey stuff in public. I guess thats one of the consquences you get for being famous. :( Dont worry Yoosu.You'll get your chance.