It's About Time

The Love Triangle

♦Yoochun♦

I felt the grip on my neck loosen. I lifted my head to see Jaejoong punching the man that choked me in the face. I started coughing and tried to catch my breath. 

"Took you long enough." I tried to say, voice cracked. I wiped the blood off my lips with my sleeve. "You bastard."

Jaejoong smiled at me before offering me his hand and helping me off the ground. "I told you I was only thirty seconds away."

Thirty seconds, my ! He was definitely not thirty seconds away. That felt like an hour to me. "Yeah, right." I chuckled. I gave him a high five and for a second, I forgot what I came here for. "Where's back up?"

"They're suppose to be here by now."

"Oh..."

I had to be reminded.

"Where's Junsu?" He asked me, and that was when I started panicking. It had been long enough and I knew there was no way Junsu was still breathing.

"Aw, damn!" Forgetting made me feel like an awful person. 

There was one man running towards Jaejoong and I on our right and there was another on our left. I didn't have time for this.

"Go get Junsu! I'll take care of these two" Jaejoong said, rolling up his sleeves. "God, where is my back up!?"

I left Jaejoong to fight the rest off while I ran towards the lake. I had to act quick because I knew Junsu too well. I knew he couldn't hold his breath for too long.

Without having second thoughts, I kicked off my shoes and jumped into the frigid water. It was hard to see. It was too dark and the water wasn't very clear, but thank God for Junsu's hair. It was a golden, yellowish brownish color. It was easy to spot out. He was completely still. I knew he wasn't mentally there because if he was, he would've been panicking and struggling like a fish caught in its net. 

I grabbed him by the waist and tried pulling him up to the surface. It was very difficult because this man was heavy. I don't know what he had been eating.

Once I got his head out from the water, I dragged the rest of his body out and onto the hard pavement. He had a pulse but wasn't breathing. I knew how to do CPR, so I knew that I wasn't suppose to give him chest compression. I removed all three layers of duct tape from his mouth and parted his lips. I tilted his head up and checked his airways before I breathed into his mouth. It took me eight tries. I gave up on the seventh try, but tried just one more time. He started coughing up water, blood, mucus. Tears filled my eyes because I really thought I lost him. It took him a while to realize where he was and what he was doing on the ground.

I began to untie his arms and legs. He watched me the whole time with confusion in his eyes and for a second, it looked like he had forgotten who I even was. 

I pulled him into a tight hug and cried into his shoulder and his neck. He was startled for a little bit but hugged me back. His hand rubbed up and down my damp back. I could feel him shaking in my arms. I thought he was shivering because he was cold, so I squeezed him even tighter. It turned out that he was not shivering but crying.

I heard police sirens now. I really don't know what took them so long. There were seven police cars and a bunch of police men running out with handcuffs and guns in their hands. Men in black, white, and gray started to scatter all over the place. They were all trying to escape, but they couldn't out run any of the police officers. The men working with Hyuna were out numbered. Just hearing the police sirens and watching them run through the park made me cry even harder. 

Jaejoong came sprinting towards us. He kneeled over and hugged the both of us. We all cried.

"I-I" Junsu was trying to say something. This was the first time I was hearing his voice in a while. "I-I'm cold."

"It's okay." I mumbled, combing my fingers through his hair. "I'm here now. You're going to be okay."

I heard the sound of car tires screeching across the road and out came Yunho and Changmin. They spotted the three of us, who were on the floor and bawling our eyes out, right away. They came running towards us and hugging us. Everyone was crying. It was like a huge crying fest. Not a single one of us had dry eyes. 

The ambulance came soon after we all stopped crying. I cried so much that I wasn't able to cry anymore. I ran out of tears. My tears had dried up. Paramedics rushed towards Junsu with a blanket. They wrapped him up in it and carried him to the back of the trunk. Jaejoong and I followed them up to the trunk while Changmin and Yunho spoke with the police. I don't know if Jaejoong was watching, but I was watching the Paramedics take Junsu's temperature and his blood pressure to make sure he was okay. They turned the heat up for him, so he could get warm. Jaejoong put an arm around my waist then turned towards me and hugged me. I didn't want his comfort because I didn't want to start crying again. I could feel myself getting emotional. 

I heard the sound of multiple cars pulling up to the curb. People with cameras and recorders came rushing towards the scene. I recognized popular TV broadcasting stations, entertainment news and paparazzi. They were all here because of me. I wondered how they knew I was here. This was not the appropriate time for me to be filmed right now, though. I looked like a total mess. My eyes were red and I was soaking wet. Plus, I wasn't in the mood to answer questions. 

"Mr. Park Yoochun and other guy!" A voice called out from behind.

Jaejoong and I turned around. A police officer was waving at us to come over.

"I have some questions to ask." He said. "May I talk to you two for a bit?"

I shrugged my shoulders and walked over. Jaejoong followed. The broadcasting stations all tried to follow as well, but there were a few cops that were telling them to step back and not get any closer to us.

"What is it, officer?" Jaejoong asked.

The officer removed the hat on his head. He had some awful hat hair, but that was not what mattered right now. "How exactly did this happen?" He asked no one in particular.

Jaejoong kept quiet. He didn't know how this happened. All he knew was that this was Hyuna's doing. 

I opened my mouth then closed it. I didn't want to lie to an officer, but I had no choice. "I don't know, sir." I said.

"Oh. I see." He nodded his head. "Do you at least know who did this? Who is behind all this? Can you tell us so we can take them in for some questioning?"

In the corner of my eye, I saw Jaejoong open his mouth. I pinched him in the side before he got the chance to blurt out Hyuna's name. 

I didn't answer the police officer for a long time. I had to think. I was debating whether I should tell him it was Hyuna's doing or not.

I didn't.

 The crowd of paparazzi and broadcasting stations pushed through the police officers to get to me. They shoved cameras in my face, voice recorders and microphones. I honestly thought I was going to go blind from all the flashing lights. They were asking me so many questions, yet I could only answer them one at a time. I could tell by the look on Jaejoong's faces that he was feeling uncomfortable and sick. He had to step away from me. 

"What happened?"

"I heard a boy named Kim Junsu was drowning and you saved him! What is the relationship between you two?"

"Will this incident effect the upcoming Kdrama you're suppose to film?"

"How are you feeling right now?"

"Did you get injured? You're bleeding from the mouth!"

I wiped the blood from my mouth. I covered my face and looked away. I threatened them. I said that if they dare air this on TV, I would kill them. Of course they didn't listen and kept filming me. I wanted to check up on Junsu. I had to see if he was feeling okay. But they kept throwing questions at me and putting cameras in my face.

"Are you a good swimmer?"

"What would you tell your fans right now? If they were in a situation like this, what would you tell them?"

"How long can you hold your breath?"

I shoved them out of the way. I didn't need this. I didn't want this. I wanted Junsu. I also wanted to go home but I wasn't quite sure how to. I had no car.

"Jaejoong, let me see your car keys." I told Jaejoong.

He reached into his pants pocket and handed me his keys before asking why first. "Why?"

"Thanks." I said, walking off. The paparazzi and broadcasters followed me. How annoying.

"Wait! Where are you going? You can't have those! Those are my keys!" Jaejoong called out to me, but I ignored him. "How am I going to get home?"

"You can walk." 

"What!? No!"

"Then ask Changmin for a ride!" I simply said. I walked up to the back of the ambulance truck. Junsu had a wet rag on his forehead. He looked much better than before. His face lid up when he saw me.

"Yoochun!" He said, and I was about to cry again.

I removed the wet rag from his forehead and threw it out. "Get up." 

"What? Where are we going?" Junsu pouted. He asked this in the most cutest voice ever.

I didn't answer him. I dragged him out and carried him, feet off the ground. I didn't even bother asking if he could stand or walk.

"I said, where are you taking me?" He asked again, sounding a bit annoyed. 

"Home." I plainly said. I opened the passenger seat of Jaejoong's car with his keys and strapped Junsu in.

Paparazzi started to crowd around the car. I wanted to just run them over and drive off. I honked the horn several times and tried scaring them off by pressing on the gas peddle then quickly pressing break. Nothing worked. The police had to drag them away just so I could get through.

It was quiet on the ride home. Junsu wouldn't talk. I tried to talk to him and ask him questions. He would answer with a simple ''yes'' or ''no''. Nothing else.

"Are you mad at me?" I asked him. I was expecting him to answer with a simple 'yes' or 'no' too, but he didn't.

"I don't think this is going to work out." He said.

I didn't know what he meant by that. "What isn't?"

"Me and you." He said. "Us."

"Why not?"

"Because..." He was calm for a second and then all of a sudden, his voice raised. "Your girlfriend is freaking insane!!!"

"Ex girlfriend." I corrected him.

He turned his head to look at me. "What?"

"Junsu, honeeeey. Do you really think I would still be in a 'relationship' with her after she caused all this!? Um, no." 

Junsu started laughing. I hadn't been so happy to hear that raspy, high yet cute laugh of his. "Ha! I guess you're right."

"Junsu, I smacked her and called her every single curse word in the Korean dictionary." I said. "We're done."

He started to laugh even harder. I wondered how he knew Hyuna was behind all this but then again, she was the only one that he could think of who would do this to him.

"Did you tell the police that it was her?" He wanted to know.

I shook my head. "No." I said, I rested my hand on the back of his neck. "She's lucky, though."

"Do I need to remind you that she tried to kill me!?!"

"Yeah. I know." I my signals and made a left into Junsu's neighborhood. "But I feel sorry for her. Don't you feel sorry for her?"

"Psssh, No! She's ing crazy!"

"Oh, yeah!" I chuckled.

"What the hell!? Why are you laughing?" Junsu looked at me strange. "How is her being crazy funny?"

I covered my mouth with the palm of my hand. "Cause the way you said that sounded too funny!" 

I pulled up in front of his apartment, but I kept the car on. I let him get out before rolling down both windows.

"Aren't you going to come out and say goodbye?" he said, poking his head through. 

"No. Get your stuff." I shoo'd him off. "Go pack your things. You're staying at my place."

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally chapter 15! haha! :). One more chapter and this fic is done! I don't want it to be done, though. :C Let me say thanks for all you lovely readers for subscribing and reading. You guys give me hope and make me want to update more. Thank you for being patient with me. Thanks for understanding that I can't update all the time because I'm busy or trying to work on another fic. You beautiful readers are the best! Thanks for sticking with this fic till the end. Yoosu is really proud of you. <3 And I am too.