Final: Running From Your Problems

The Love Triangle

♦Yoochun♦

A few weeks had passed since the Junsu and Hyuna incident. I hadn't heard from her since then and to be honest with you, I was relieved. Everything was actually fine except one thing: Media.

The media started bugging me about my love life again. They were wondering where Hyuna went and why I was never with her anymore. I thought they would get the message if I just kept quiet about it, but they didn't. They weren't able to get an answer out of me, so they went to ask Hyuna themselves. She didn't deny anything. She told them the truth. She told them that I was in a relationship with a man named Kim Junsu. She told them he worked at a bakery and had known me since elementary school. She told them I was gay and not interested in her. The only lie she told them was that she broke up with me because I was caught cheating on her but really, I was the one that dumped her. I didn't care, though. It didn't bother me that she lied about who broke up with who. It didn't bother me that she told them I was gay and had a boyfriend. In fact, it didn't bother me a single bit.

Paparazzi and broadcasting stations would camp out my house and wait for me to come out. They would put their cameras and microphones in my face and ask me personal questions.

"How long have you been in a relationship with this Junsu boy?"

"Isn't Junsu the guy you saved from drowning?"

"Is it true that you're gay?"

"Where would you go from here?"

"Is it true Hyuna dumped you?"

"What bakery does Junsu work?"

"Are you really gay? That's so wrong!"

"What do you think will happen to your career here in Seoul?"

There were really good questions, yet I wasn't so sure how to answer them. I didn't know where my career would go now that all of Korea knew that I was a homoual. I was afraid. I didn't know how people would treat me. Would they look down upon me or give me awful glares? Would fans send me hate mail and would all the directors ban me from acting in their kdramas or movies? How many fans would stay? How many fans would leave and stop supporting me? That question really got me thinking. I didn't know. I didn't know the answers to any of those questions. It scared me.

"There's nothing to worry about." Junsu said while we were packing our bags for L.A. "They aren't ready to accept the gay community yet."

The tickets to California I got for Junsu on Valentine's day were finally coming to use. Junsu had been waiting for this day.

"Yeah, I know. It just that as much as I love Korea, my hometown and its people, they don't love me..." I said.

"Sometimes you can give as much as you want, but they wont give back. And it's okay. They will give eventually." Junsu zipped up his last suitcase and rolled it to the front door. "That's how it works."

"I'm not fully understanding."

"You don't have to. You'll see what I mean soon."

I dug through my pockets for the plane tickets. Our flight was in four hours. I only planned our stay in California to be three weeks. I wished I made it longer.

I glanced up at Junsu then back at the tickets. "Junsu, how would you like it if we lived in L.A?"

Junsu turned his head towards me. He looked confused. "What?"

"I said, how much do you want to visit California?"

"That's not what you said..."

"I know, I'm just--" I paused. "Damn it, Junsu! Do you want to live in Los Angeles or not?"

I watched as Junsu's smile turned into a grin. "Oh my God, really?"

I wasn't having seconds thoughts. "Yes." I nodded my head. 

"Why?"

"Why are you asking? Hmm, I guess you don't want to go." 

"No! No! I do!" Junsu came running towards me. "I just want to know."

I wanted to tell him why, but I didn't. I wanted to stay in L.A because I didn't want to stay in Seoul, worrying myself over my career and not living happily. I knew running away from your problems didn't really solve anything, but I had no choice. I held onto Junsu's hands. He looked at me funny. 

"What?"

I shook my head. "Would you be happy?"

"About living in L.A?"

"Yes."

"Of course. But if you're not happy--"

"I am happy." I squeezed onto Junsu's hands even harder. "I'm happy because I'll be living with you."

I was trying to be serious with him, but he wasn't taking this seriously. He tried not to laugh.

"I'm sorry." He said, snickering. "That was just a bit cheesy."

"Will they accept us?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"Me and you."

"Oh yeah. Los Angeles is like gay central...and Asian central."

I don't know why but for some reason I thought what he said was really funny. I couldn't help myself but laugh. 

We got to the airport an hour earlier. I didn't expect it to be so packed on a Friday night but it was. There was no way we were going to make it on time to our flight because we had a long way to go. It took ten minutes just to to put our luggage in and got patted down. The lady that was patting me down was putting her hands everywhere. I felt very uncomfortable because the only person I didn't mind having their hands on me was Junsu. 

We rushed to our flight with only three minutes left till it departed but once we sat down in our seats, the flight attendant announced that the flight would be delayed by another thirty minutes because a pigeon had caught itself in one of the fans. There was really no point in rushing. 

 

 

We spent two weeks and a half in California. I honestly hadn't felt so relieved and happy that I didn't have to worry about anything. All I had to do was enjoy my time with the person I cared most about in this entire world, Junsu. I didn't need to worry about Hyuna or my scheduling for a Kdrama. I didn't have to worry about the cameras being shoved in my face and fans noticing me. For the first time in a long time, I felt like I could do whatever I wanted without people judging me and I felt like a normal person. I didn't feel like a famous actor. I was able to go out in public and hold hands with Junsu. I was able to share drinks with him and have a reservation for two at restaurants. No one judged and no one asked questions. I wish things were like this all the time.

We went out to watch movies. We went window shopping and souvenir shopping. We went to Hollywood and took pictures with famous American movie stars. I even told them that I was a famous Korean actor back in Korea and they took pictures of me, which I thought was pretty funny. Junsu and I went swimming . We went to Korea Town and Chinatown. We were just having a great time. There was nothing to worry about. I thought everything was fine until I received a shocking email from my phone.

I was walking barefoot on the beach with Junsu. He was complaining about how he already missed eating Kimchi rice and Kimbap back in Korea. I had to admit, I missed Korean food too but not being able to eat it all the time was something we both had to get used to. 

"We can always go to Korea Town to order out Korean food." I reminded him.

He dug his toes underneath the sand. "It wont feel the same. Korean food is better when your eating it in Korea." He said.

I felt my phone vibrate in one of my jean pockets. I thought it was a bit strange and random to have it vibrate. It hadn't gone off since we got here. I glanced down at the screen. It said I had one new unread email. Things were going well until I read that email. Junsu could tell something was wrong already. He kept looking at me.

"What? What's the matter?"

It took a while for me to answer. I was too busy rereading the email. "I-I" I could barely open my mouth. "I'm being asked to go to trial?"

"Trial?"

"Court." 

He looked at me, eyebrows narrowed. "What do you mean by court?"

"They want me to attend court..."

I couldn't blame him. I was as confused as he was.

"They?"

We weren't able to finish up three weeks of staying in California because we had to go back to Korea. I had never felt so sick in the stomach to come back. But once we got back, I found out why I was being dragged to court. Hyuna got arrested and she was being charged of attempted murder. It was about freaking time. They were calling me to court because Junsu and I were the victims. 

I told the jury my side of story and Junsu told his. Surprisingly, Hyuna didn't deny any of it. She told them that she did try to kill Junsu. Then she tried blaming it on me, saying that it was all my fault that she turned out the way she did. I laughed at this because she was completely wrong. She turned out the way she did because she was insane. She was jealous and crazy, and she knew it.  

Jiyoon, her best friend, also went up to testify. She was bawling her eyes out and mumbling. She didn't want to believe Hyuna for doing such awful things to me and Junsu. She kept begging her to come clean and just turn herself in. Of course, Hyuna listened to her. 

I watched as they put Hyuna in handcuffs and carried her out, along with the men that she hired. Junsu was smiling and I wanted to cry. I wanted to cry happy tears because I knew that this was going to be the last time i was going to see that crazy red headed girl. 

After going through all that, sitting through court and hearing other people testify for a whole week, Junsu and I packed all our belongings for good this time. Junsu told his landlord that he was moving out of his apartment and I put my huge house up for sale. I didn't move the furniture or anything because I could just buy them again back in Los Angeles. 

Junsu and I sat next to each other on the plane. He got the seat closest to the window because he wanted something to rest on and he liked looking out the window. It was fine with me because that gave me an excuse to lay my head on his shoulder. 

"Say goodbye to Seoul." I said, trying to get a better look through the window, yet his big fat head was in the way. 

"Goodbye, Korea." He said, waving. "Helloooooooo, America~"

And in less than five minutes, our flight finally took off without any delays this time. I didn't feel like crying when we were more than a thousand feet in the air. I was calm. This was what I wanted. This was what Junsu wanted. This was what we both wanted. 

I turned to Junsu. "What are you going to be doing once we settle in?" I asked him.

"I'll probably find another bakery to work at."

"No. Do you remember that check I wrote you on Valentines day?" 

"Yes?" Junsu didn't look at me. He kept his eyes on the clouds outside his window.

"You can find a better job than working at a bakery that pays minimum wage." I said. "Working at a bakery is not what you went to college for."

He didn't say anything after this because he knew I was right. 

"And what about you?" He asked. "What will you be doing?"

It didn't take me long to come up with something. "I'll probably be doing what I love doing the most..."

"Which is?"

"Acting."

"And?" He was expecting something else from me.

"And loving you..." I said.

He turned his head to finally look at me. He was blushing and smiling. "Ue kyang kyang!" He laughed that strange laugh of his; that laugh that would make anyone laugh with him.

I couldn't help it. I had to laugh.

"Stop being so cheesy!" He said. "That's my job!" 

 

.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - -  - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - -  - - - - -  - - - - - -  - - - - - - -  - - - - - - -  - - - - -  - - - -  - - -- - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - 

That's it. I can't believe its over. :( Wow, I'm kind of sad. Ugh! Anyway, I'm sorry that the ending isn't as good. I had major writers block and everything. I actually had this chapter done a week ago but it so I had to change it up. I want to thank every single one of you lovely readers and subscribers for everything that you have done. You guys motivated me to keep this Yoosu fic going. Thank you so much. Thank you to the silent readers as well. I wouldn't have finished this without you. Look out for another Yoosu fic by me. I will definitely be making another one soon. :) Thank you soooo much. I had fun writing this. Gosh, I don't want to mark this complete. T.T