Chapter 5: "Jessica"

MY WAITING PLACE

 


 “You just saved Jessica..your best friend.”

 

After the name came out of ….Everything became clear. All of the scenes in her head flashed back like random pictures in a movie. Her whole life, her friends, her passions, her loved-ones..

 

Everything came in so fast from day one up to the last scene.

 

Jessica’s tearful face.

 

Sooyoung gasped for air and felt her heart ache. The memory keeps on surfacing and It’s forcing itself to sink in her head. Those hundred and one questions multiplied. She placed her hand on her chest. It’s throbbing. Yoona placed her arm over her shoulders to support her. She seems to regret spilling the information as early as now. She should’ve broken it to her gently. Tears on the girl’s eyes welled.

 

They have an event. They are modeling for a winter collection of a very famous clothing line. She’s very happy being able to walk the runway alongside her beloved fellow models who happen to be her good friends. She’s looking at the audience as if they are an integral part of her existence.

 

She is Sooyoung. The actress-model. She’s living her life, before this.

 

 

In the backstage, it’s complete chaos. Dresses, coats, shoes, accessories and make-up tables where everywhere.. Jessica is changing beside her, smiling every now and then. Both of them were going out the runway at the same time. She recalled she reached out and held Jessica’s hand. This is it.

 

They went out and flashed the apparel they are wearing with their modelesque beauties. It always warms her heart when she’s walking on the runway. Like she’s made to walk that particular place and to make people appreciate fashion. She’s smiling genuinely until something caught her attention.

 

She noticed someone, a woman, walking towards the edge of the runway, wearing a black jacket. She’s holding something inside it’s pocket. Being a keen observer as she is, Sooyoung subtly looks at the woman’s odd behavior. She’s just standing too close to the runway. That’s not entirely aloud. Sooyoung noticed that the person is not smiling the way all the audiences were. She’s throwing a stern look at someone..not at her but someone else. Sooyoung then realized that It was Jessica.

 

Sooyoung tried to concentrate on her walking to hide her suspicion. Jessica seems to be oblivious about it. She looked at the woman once again but she’s no longer at the place where she was at. Sooyoung’s eyes searched for her on the pool of audience looking at their attires with amazed eyes. With a blink of an eye, Sooyoung realized that the woman is already on the edge of the runway, extending her hand..

 

..with a gun.

 

In split second, Sooyoung just quickly shifted to Jessica’s place and pushed the slim girl’s body. Jessica fell on the floor and Sooyoung faced her to see if she’s alright, her back against the direction of the tip of the gun the woman just fired.

 

The rest.. just flew in so fast. Her body aching, everyone’s outcry and every person’s face.

 

-------------------

-------------------

-------------------

 

Sooyoung looked everywhere. The sea remained calm yet her heart is unstable.

 

Am I  dead?

 

 Is this …..

 

…… heaven?

 

 What now? How about her family? How about her friends? How about her life?

 

Sooyoung slumped on the floor and she felt Yoona’s arms still supporting her body. Her one arm now on her waist.

 

“Relax.. All is going to be just fine..” Yoona’s soothing voice failed to make Sooyoung calm.

 

“How..how is all of this going to be fine….” Sooyoung is crying heavily while fighting her way to clearly speak.

 

“ ..I’m dead..”

 

Sooyoung’s head rested on Yoona’s right shoulder. She let go of her hold on Sooyoung’s body and held her wet face with both of her hands.

 

“You’re not dead… Sooyoung-ssi.” Yoona flashed an assuring smile. Their eyes on each other.

 

Sooyoung felt her another round of tears fall down her face. It meets the hands of the girl who’s happens to touch her cheeks. Her heart beats faster again. Her beating heart somehow tells her that she’s alive. Her reaction to this girl’s caress makes her a whole lot alive. She felt a little hope inside.

 

“Relax. I’ll explain everything. Slowly. Just promise me you won’t cry again..”

 

Yoona weakly smiled when the girl nodded.

 


 

 

So that's what happened.. Yeah right. It has a lot of drama. I don't know where did I get those from.. :))