Chapter 11: Fell

MY WAITING PLACE

 

Yoona woke up, smelling the same scent of the sea which she’s very familiar with. She slowly opened her eyes and saw a familiar face in front of her. It’s beautiful as ever even the trace of heavy crying from last night is noticeable on both edges of her eyes. Yoona uncontrollably poked Sooyoung’s cheek and smiled.

 

It’s the second day since this girl arrived.

 

Yoona is hoping that the girl’s stay will be worthwhile and in her mind, she’ll try her best to make her happy. After all, she’s her guide. It’s like the heavens made their paths meet, even in this kind of world they are currently in. Yoona placed her hand on Sooyoung’s cheek. The sleeping girl slightly smiled.

 

“It's time to rise and shine... Sooyoung..”

 


 

Sooyoung's dad and Jessica went back to the waiting area. The other girls are waiting for them, expecting they already had a good talk. The girls' managers are already with them, together with few of SM entertainment's other talent managers. They came from answering a lot of questions from the media, in their company building..the event hall and of course even outside the hospital.  They seem to be done doing their jobs and went back to finally check on the situation of one of their company's priced talent. They set an official press conference tomorrow once they know Sooyoung's official condition.

 

"Did the doctor come out already?"

 

Mr. Choi asked while meeting the other managers. They bowed to the man one by one and felt sorry for what happened. 

 

At that moment the emergency room door slide open and there came out a doctor wearing a scrub suit. He removed the surgical mask and faced the people waiting for him. It seems that the operation is already done and all of them gasped for breath, nervous for what the doctor is about to say.

 

"How is she doctor?"

 

The doctor placed his surgical mask on the side pocket of his scrub suit and sighed.

 

"The good thing is..we already removed the bullet from her body...but we can't tell if she's already safe.."

 

"What do you mean, doctor?" Jessica asked. Her hands clasped together.

 

"Sooyoung-ssi..

 

...fell into coma..we really don't know when she'll wake up."

 

All of their shoulders dropped. Mr. Choi slowly sat on the bench and placed his hands over his head.

 


 

Sooyoung wakes up by the bright light that seeps through the glass window. She realized that she’s still in that so-called paradise. Sooyoung is somehow hoping that she’ll wake up in her room outside of this world, her dad will meet her in the dining table and will ask how she’s been lately… but she woke up and her eyes met the wall of a nicely designed beach house room.

 

So, I’m really here. It’s been 24 hours already.

 

Sooyoung turned and realized that she’s already lying alone on the bed. Where's the other person? She believed that there's a person whom she hugged tightly and finally made her sleep in comfort.

 

Wait. The other person.

 

Sooyoung covered in shock while remembering what happened last night. She hugged Yoona to sleep. She immediately scanned the room. No other person is in there, just her. She looked at that side of the bed where Yoona's body should've been lying. It's neatly pressed, like there's no trace of a person who lied in there.

 

Did she just dream of it?

 

No way. The girl's arms feels so comfortable that it made her sleep soundly-- Something she's been deprived of in the real world, knowing her schedule is always jam-packed. She never slept so good recently.

 

Sooyoung get up and searched inside the room. No signs of Yoona. She went to the bathroom quickly and washed her face. She quickly changed and put an old rose-colored eyelet dress on. She fixed her hair and looked at her face. They seem tired but of course, still pretty. Feeling satisfied, she went out of her room half-running. 

 

The people greeted her once she's outside but still there are no signs of Yoona. Sooyoung feels an unknown fear by not seeing the girl next to her earlier when she woke up. Is she just an apparition or something? What if she just existed only for that day?

No. It can't be. Sooyoung declared in her mind. She felt her heart racing. She finally saw the beach house bar where the same teenaged girl from yesterday was standing, tending other visitors and serving their breakfast alone. She walked closely, she don't know how to approach her. She looked closely at the girl, Her face is small but her features were strong and give a South East Asian feel. She almost felt envious of her big, round eyes and her fair skin

 

The girl noticed Sooyoung approaching and she smiled.

 

"Hi.."

 

Sooyoung tried to speak but she don't know how to respond. She just also realized that the girl is very beautiful. Her black wavy hair and her gleaming eyes which reflects the clear light caused by the morning sun, make her look like an angel as well. Sooyoung concludes that this place is just for beautiful people. She felt conscious of how she looks.

 

"joen-a-chim-aeyo!"

 

She was taken aback by the girl's perfect Korean accent. She just said good morning in Sooyoung's mother tongue. This girl somehow doesn't look like a Korean. She looked Filipino..or Thai..

 

"Goo..good morning."

 

Sooyoung hesitated to ask about Yoona right away so she just stand there while the girl is waiting for her to say something. Sooyoung felt stupid already. She felt the girl faintly laughed, as if reading her mind, and offered her a cup of coffee. Sooyoung sat on the high chair that faced the bar and making a good view to what the girl is doing. She's like a professional barista or something.. She's wearing a cute pink apron and a denim shorts and a green shirt underneath it. 

 

"How's your sleep Ms. Sooyoung?" the girl asked while looking at her. Sooyoung felt weird by fully understanding a foreign language. The words came in to her mind, fully translated.

 

"uh.. It's good. Thank you for asking.."

 

The girl nooded and smiled. There's something in the girl that makes Sooyoung feel intrigued. She gives a mysterious aura and her eyes seems to be examining her movements. As if she can read it.

 

"by the way..I'm Hana.."

 

the girl extended her hand over the counter and Sooyoung shook the hand of the pretty tanned girl. .

 

“Nice to meet you Hana.."

 

"So..What do you want for breakfast?"

 

Sooyoung scratched her head. She's hoping they have blueberry pancakes in here but that seems to be impossible.

 

"Uh..anything good.." she resorted. The food in this place is awesome anyway.

 

Hana smiled and Sooyoung knew it's the girl's greatest asset.

 

"Then how about blueberry pancakes?"

 

Sooyoung stopped on her tracks. Oh great. My favorite. How come they serve blueberry pancakes in this tropical island?

 

"Blueberry pancake is my specialty. I'm proud to say.. I can never not make them even in this kind of place.." Hana said, as a matter of fact-ly.

 

Sooyoung nodded. This girl can't read her mind, isn't she.. ? The girl seems to wait for her to say something. But after a minute she shrugged and turns towards the kitchen. Sooyoung then called her attention. She finally decided to ask where Yoona is.

 

"Uh..Hana-ssi.. Do you know where Yoona is?"

 

Hana stopped, faced Sooyoung and scratched her nose. It's wickedly the same way Yoona did yesterday. The way they move are almost identical.

 

"Yoona..?"

 

Hana flashed a troubled face, like she just heared the name for the first time. Sooyoung once again felt nervous, waiting for the girl's response.

...

.....

 

"Who..is...Yoona?"

 


 

Wae..Wae..Wae? Chill...