Chapter 4: Mystery

MY WAITING PLACE

 


Sooyoung eats like there’s no tomorrow. The girl beside her, who's name is Yoona, just keeps on staring at her and admiring her appetite. But aside from that, she’s eyeing for her beauty. The long brown hair that flows freely and smoothly on her back, her big hazel eyes, her lips, her fair face, the girl seems to be perfect. It pains her knowing that on the other side of the Paradise, this girl is suffering and everyone around her are experiencing the same thing.

 

She closed his eyes. She can clearly see what happened to her. The hall, the crowd. The girl’s body is in an ambulance now, unconscious and almost dying. Yoona quickly opened her eyes and shook the vision away. She looked at the girl again and now she’s looking at her, her stare almost making her heart stop.

 

“uh….You aren’t gonna eat or something…?” Sooyoung asked while chewing.

 

Yoona smiled at seeing the girl’s eating habit once again. “No. I just ate. Just eat…”

 

Sooyoung nodded and went on her feast. Yoona felt she wanted to brush her hand on this girl’s hair but she resisted. How come she’s so attracted to her? She knows that this girl won’t be staying in here for so long and she met several people who came and went on but this one feels so special. How come?

 

When Sooyoung’s already done.. they went inside and Yoona led her to her room. Sooyoung can’t believe how her room appears to be perfect, huge and so pretty. This is her dream room, she thought. Everything she wanted are there, her pictures, a glass writing wall, a study table, an enormous bookshelf filled with books she likes, a beautiful couch and of course, a very large queen bed. The room was painted mostly with white, it has black accents and wall decors that are aligned to her taste. It’s sophisticated, minimal yet comfortable. The room has a sliding door and a veranda wherein she can have a full view of the sea. It’s very wonderful.

 

“You like it, don’t you?” Yoona smiled and she went on to tie the curtains that covered the the glass window to expose the morning sun.

 

The sea breeze soothes them as well. Yoona then proceeded to join Sooyoung who is now standing on the veranda, her hands on the railings.

 

“You’re on your own version of paradise..” Yoona repeated what she said earlier. Sooyoung faced her, asking what she meant.

 

….

….

 

 

“…..You had an….accident” Yoona just came up with the proper word to tell her. It’s not an accident of course, but that would make it more acceptable to the girl in front of her who’s waiting for answers.

 

“M..me? accident? How?”

 

Sooyoung is trying her best to remember. Her mind is a blank slate. But one thing’s for sure, she’s in an unnatural situation. Something inside her is telling her that she shouldn’t be here and what she’s seeing is not normal.

 

“You are.. an actress and a model, right? You were in an event..” Yoona smiled but there’s a hint of sadness. She eyed the beauty that is in front of her and sincerely looked into her eyes.

 

“You just saved a person that’s special to you… you should’ve remembered by now..”

 

Yoona is slowly giving the information. It will be like a gushing wind after she’ll say the name..

 

 “You just saved Jessica..your best friend.”


 

Illus 1.4: Sooyoung's beach house room :)