Chapter 1: Paradise

MY WAITING PLACE

 


 

 

“Sooyoung..

 

 

 

…….hold on..”

 

Sooyoung is struggling to open her eyes. They felt sore by the bright light. Her eyes are still adjusting on the brightness as they were closed for a very long time. She can clearly hear the ocean waves and the breeze it brings feels really close to her. Her body is slowly picking up the scent of the sea breeze and feeling the soft sand where she is lying. She’s lying on the shore, her mind registered.

 

She doesn’t know the exact reason why she’s here nor she remembers the happenings before she realized where she is. She finally opened her eyes and the peaceful blue sky met her gaze. It’s heartwarming, just like the rays of the sun meeting her tan skin.

 

When was the last time I felt so at peace?, She thought. She looked at the perfectly blue sky for a minute or two until she decided to get up and sit on the sand. Her head felt a little dizzy but it was completely swept away by the beautiful sight she just saw. She’s on a very beautiful seashore.

 

Perfectly white sand that stretched all throughout the long seashore, coconut trees, and the glistening blue sea..

 

She likes to be on the beach and she can’t ask for more because that’s where she’s exactly at right now.  She felt a surge of complete happiness inside her and makes her heart beat wildly. She remains seated on the sand while admiring the scenery. She suddenly realized that the water is finally meeting the edge of her toes. The cold water touching her feet fully wakes her up and make her think of the most normal reaction she should have in the first place.

 

Why am I here?!

 

She suddenly stands on her feet, she realized she’s wearing shorts and a comfortable white tee and she’s barefooted. She quickly turns around and saw a very beautiful beach house standing by the shore. It’s enormous and very heavenly. It has several white beach umbrellas and white beach beds. The presence of the perfectly designed beach house made her wonder more.

 

“Oh. You’re awake.”

 

A girl’s voice suddenly brought chills down her spine. She realized that she was not alone after all. She glanced to where the voice came from. The image quickly registers on her mind. She’s sitting on the sand, wearing a white dress and is smiling at her.

 

“You’ve been asleep for a little while..”

 

The girl let out a small laugh like there was an inside joke that sparked on the back of her mind.

 

Sooyoung was too surprised to say something to the stranger. Moreover, she’s taken aback by her very beautiful face. Almost like an angel. Her smile is one of the most perfect smile she saw her whole life.

 

The girl, which Sooyoung thinks is of the sane age as hers, stood up as well. She shook the sand away from her white dress and legs and stretched as if sitting on the beach made her tired.

 

“Why are you here, Am I right?” The girl asked her, completely guessing the thing that’s on her mind.

 

“Hmmmm…That’s a good question.”

 

Sooyoung nodded more than twice. She finds the girl very attractive yet very weird.

 

“Oh I’m sorry if I’m acting weird…”

 

The girl let out a faint laughter. “I will be a good company of yours from now on. I promise”

 

The girl brought her pinky up and kinda waved it to Sooyoung. Sooyoung covered in shock. She just stands there, frozen. The girl placed both of her hands on her waist and looked proudly at the resort house in front of them.

 

“Kinda fancy eh?”

 

The girl is still facing the enormous beach house. Beach house is an understatement; it’s more of a beach resort. The infinity pool is revealing itself and the nice exterior of the house is reeking of sophisticated design that every person looking at it will be amazed.

 

Sooyoung took another quick glance at the beautiful girl beside her. She’s smiling. She quickly glanced back to her, meeting her eyes. Sooyoung felt her heart skip a beat and looked away.

 

“Feel proud. It’s yours.” The girl said as a matter of fact-ly.

 

Sooyoung looked at her with her questioning eyes. This? Hers? What does this stranger mean?

 

“It’s a product of your desire, your imagination.” The girl somehow murmured.

 

She still can’t find the sense on what the girl is saying. It made the situation more awkward and weird.

 

The girl stand closely beside her, making her heart beat fast. Her eyes widened when the girl leaned in closer and her head went closely to her right ear and whispers..

….

…..

 

“……Welcome to your own version of paradise..

 

….Sooyoung-ssi.”


 

Illus. 1. Beach house