Chapter 6 : New Student

My Love Is Like A Star [DISCONTINUING]

NEW STUDENT

Jinri woke up from the sun shining on her face. She was stretching her limbs when her dad suddenly shouted.

“Jinri-ah! Wake up now! It’s already 7:30 in the morning. What time are you going to school? 9:00?!” She sighed inwardly. Here he goes again with his nagging. But still I love my dad.

She lazily picked up her phone to check the time. Her eyes widened and she felt all the nerves in her body were suddenly awake.  “OH SHOOT! IT’S REALLY 7:30 AM! DAMN! I’M GONNA BE LATE!“

She hurried to her closet to pick up her school uniform and rushed to bathroom to take a very quick shower.

She ran down the stairs and picked 5 pieces of toasted bread from the dining table. She put them in a small Tupperware and shoved it inside her bag.

“Good bye appa!” She said while wearing her school shoes, a piece of bread trapped between her lips.

“Yah! Jinri-ah! Eat here properly.” Her dad said in a stern voice.

“Later appa. Later on our first break. I promise. I am already running late. Mian appa. See ya later!” She kissed her dad on his cheek then she grabbed her bag and jogged towards the door.

-

Jinri was waiting at the subway station for 30 minutes now. And damn! Her class starts at 8:30 am and it’s already 8 am. Uggghh… jajungna! I should’ve taken the bus. She sighed in frustration. She sat on a bench and swang her legs as she wait for the train to come.

After a couple of minutes more, the train came. She ran inside and settled herself as it starts moving to the next station.

Anxiously, she checked her watch for the time. 20 mins. left.

-

Jinri arrived at the school, finally, after 3 minutes of running from the subway station. She was still gasping for air when she has reached the hallway. She stopped for awhile to rest. She checked the time once again. Damn! 2 minutes left before the time.

She was about to continue jogging towards her room when someone suddenly called her name.

“Jinri-ssi!” She turned around to see a very familiar person. Her anxiety turned into happiness.

“Taemin oppa!” She started walking to him, smile plastering on her face.

“omo. Long time no see, goojil” She pouted. She knows just what he was talking about. Ever since they were young, he keeps on calling her that just to .

“Aiish.. oppa..” She said in an annoyed tone while he ruffles her hair.

“There. You really look messy.” He laughed and she started laughing as well. Oh, how I miss you taeminnie oppa. Even though you’re annoying at times.

“y-yah.. I do not look messy. See?” She fixed my hair and grinned when she is done.

“Ne. I see. Sorry for not walking you home the past few weeks. I was really too busy. We are organizing some upcoming school activities. Hope you understand. ” he smiled sadly, by then she knew he was really sorry. It was really alright for her if he can’t send her home because of his obligations as the Student Government President.

“ah.. aniya..” She shook her hand in front of her face, telling him not to feel sorry. “You don’t have to say or feel sorry oppa. I understand. I completely understand. I know you have obligations for the school. So you don’t have to worry about me hating you. ” She nodded and smiled in assurance.

“Glad that you understand.” He hugged me tightly. She blushed a little. Her crush for him when they  

“Of course I do understand oppa. We’re bestfriends, right?” She looked up at him to see him smile. Then she remembered she still have a time to catch.

She suddenly broke the hug and checked the time. “omona! Oppa, I have to go now. I have a class at 8:30. A-and I think I am late.” She waved him goodbye and turned her heels. “Mian taemin-ssi! Annyeong!”   She told him loud enough for him to hear while she is jogging to her classroom.

-

Jinri reached the classroom, which is in the 3rd floor of the building; 5 minutes after the school’s bell rang. She stopped in front of the door, still catching her breath. She bowed to our teacher, oblivious that there is a new guy in the room.

Her eyes widened in shock as soon as she raise her head from bowing. I-it’s him?! Oh God! He’s transferring in my class?

“oh.. Miss Choi! You just came in time. Take your seat. Let your new classmate introduce himself.” The teacher told her.  She is still agape with what she sees, but still nodded.

She looked at him. He just gave her a gentle smile before shifting her gaze.

She settled herself on her seat and looked at the new student.

“So, class as what I have told you earlier. We have a transferee student from the province. Please be friendly, arachi?” The teacher started introducing him. “Okay, introduce yourself to everyone.” Jinri heard the teacher told the new student; the latter nodded.

“Good morning everyone! I hope you had a good morning, though.” The new student began. Then soon she heard the class chuckle with him.

He is standing confidently in front of the class. He wears a bright smile that would lighten up the mood of everyone. He is tall and handsome, she agrees. And no doubt, many girls will fall for him. That, she doesn’t really mind.

She was moved out of her trance when he started to speak out his name. “I am a new student here, as you can see. I am Byun Baekkhyun. I hope you’ll be nice to me, because I will be kind to each of you.” He joked. Everyone chortled for his simple joke. This guy really. He makes anyone feel better. I can see no one wears an annoyed face or something.

“Mr. Byun, where would you like to sit? There are still some vacant seats in the room. Make yourself comfortable and choose anywhere you’d like.” Baekhyun nodded to the teacher and walked towards the seat beside Jinri which was surprisingly vacant. The latter searched for Kyujin, her supposedly seatmate, around the room but he was seated to the vacant seat in the middle row. She sighed inwardly.

Well, this isn’t bad. It’s even better; at least I can see him every single day. Actually, I already considered him as my best friend since yesterday. But I was just a bit shy, and I don’t know why. She planted her face on the table in frustration.

“jinri-yah~ so nice to see you again!” he whispered cheerfully. She turned to look at him and she saw that undying smile on his face. 

“uhh..oh.. ne.” She nodded awkwardly and smiled at him.

This is gonna be a confusing day for me. Good luck to me!