Chapter 9: When Rivalry Begins

My Love Is Like A Star [DISCONTINUING]

WHEN RIVALRY BEGINS

 

[A/N] this refers to their thoughts. Taemin Sulli Baekhyun

“Tell me. Are you faking it?” Taemin approached Baekhyun who is sitting on a bench at the same amusement park. He had his arms crossed over each other as he leaned on the tree right beside the bench Baekhyun is sitting on.

Jinri went out for awhile to get some snacks for all of them since they are kind of hungry, while the two of them was left in a certain place in the park.

“What?” Baekhyun looked up at Taemin. “I don’t get what you are saying.”  He shook his head and drank the water Jinri gave him to make him feel a little better.

“Don’t lie. Tell me. Are you just trying to get her attention?” Taemin narrowed his eyes as he turned his head to Baekhyun. “You don’t really feel bad. Am I right? Stop faking it. I know you are not her type. “

“W-what?” Baekhyun stood up angrily and stepped closer to Taemin with his hands balled into a fist. “Who are you to tell that, huh? I am not faking anything, okay? If she cares for me, it’s not my fault. Jinri and I are also friends, best friends even. And what is it for you if I like her huh?” Baekhyun felt an urge to just punch Taemin, but then he remembered that he is also Jinri’s bestfriend so he put the thought aside. He looked at Taemin with fierce eyes.

Taemin smirked. “Whatever you say.”  Taemin shrugged and walked away with his hands on his pockets. He intentionally bumped Baekhyun’s shoulder as he makes his way. He then turned back at Baekhyun. “I was just making sure that no one will take Sulli away from me. I just can sense that you have this kind of affection towards her the first time I see you with her. And if you are trying to tell me that you like her….I am telling you, stop liking her. You don’t want to get disappointed in the end right?”

“Why….why are you saying these things to me? Do you like her?” Baekhyun said with his shaky voice. I don’t know what I am feeling. Why am I hurt with his words? Is he right? Am I starting to fall for Sulli?

“To be very honest….” Taemin said in a firm tone. “I just don’t like her. I love her. I love her since we were young. I will repeat what I told you awhile ago. Stop. Liking. Her.” Taemin smiled arrogantly and patted Baekhyun’s head. “You wouldn't want me to be your rival. You’ll just lose.”

“What if I say I don’t want?” Baekhyun gave Taemin a determined look. “You cannot dictate what I will do and what I will not. I will stop liking her if that’s what my heart says, not because you told me so. And I don’t care if you love her even before. I will continue what I have started to feel for her.” He smirked at Taemin. Yeah, this is what I really want. Now that I realize, I won’t just let this go. I like Sulli.

Taemin was so surprised with what Baekhyun just told him. I thought this will be easy, but no. What has got into his head? He really wants to be my rival? Too bad..because I will make sure he will regret it.  Sulli is gonna be my girl, not his.

“That’s a very tough decision, kid. But I will make sure you will regret that you chose this difficult way.” Taemin kept himself cool and smiled in his new found rival.

Not long after, Jinri came with a bunch of foods on her hand. She skipped her way to the two guys. “Baekhyun-ssi! Taemin oppa! I bought us some snacks! Let’s eat?” Jinri smiled widely while she pull the two guys to a table at the food court of the amusement park.

Baekhyun grinned sheepishly when he saw her face again, after realizing his feelings for her. That smile which melts me. Those positive characteristics I see in you which give me more reason to like you even more. Yeah, I like you Sulli-yah. I will really not regret my decision to continue what I feel.

 

[a/n]omg!! sorry for the very late and short update..i have been busy the past few months. ; n ;  i hope you guys are still here. i will update more on christmas break. i love you all guys!