Chapter 3: Falling [to be edited]

My Love Is Like A Star [DISCONTINUING]

 

FALLING

 

“What is it?” Jinri asked this crazy looking guy, which she has known as Kai. What’s up with him?

“Nothing.” Kai smirked. “It’s just that I have finally drawn closer to your long-lost best friend, Krystal. Thanks for your advice!” He swung his arm around Jinri’s shoulder.

“Told ya. You shouldn’t be intimidated with her. She is super nice!.” Jinri assured him by nodding. “As nice as me.” She added impishly.

“Silly~” He said, messing up her hair while laughing.

“Aiish.. Not my hair!” She pouted as she fixed her hair.

Kai jogged to his bike and signaled Jinri to come over. “Ppali! I will send you home today. Seems like your Taemin oppa already ditched you.”  He teased.

Jinri sighed. “Aniya! He’s probably just busy.” She shouted annoyingly while walking towards Kai.

“Yeah right.” He sing-songed as he ride onto his bike. “Hop in. It’s getting late.” Jinri obeyed. She sat in front of Kai, trapped within his arms. They rode quietly back to their houses.

-

A month has already passed.

Jinri had easily earned friends; but Kai, Krystal and Taemin were her closest friends.

Often times,Taemin would still accompany her to and from school; making up for not being with her during break times due to his very hectic schedule, and being the school's president didn't help at all.

Jinri sighed. As sappy and as weird as it sounded; she missed Taemin.

Then she realized that she was falling for Kai.

And she couldn't stop it.

FLASHBACK

“Oww..” Jinri caressed her ankle when she twisted her foot in a wrong way on their Physical Education subject. They are playing football for their practical test when that happened.

Kai hurried to where Jinri is then kneeled in front of her. “What happened? Does it hurt?” He asked worriedly and carefully brought Jinri’s right foot on his lap then slowly massaged it.

“Does it hurt?” He asked and she nodded, enduring the pain she is feeling.

Suddenly, Kai scooped Jinri onto his arms and carried her bridal style. She wrapped her arms around his neck to prevent her from falling. Their other classmates giggled and cheered for them. Oh my! What is he doing?

He brought her to the clinic and watched as she was being treated by the nurse. He holds her hand whenever he felt her being in dire pain.

After the treatment, the nurse advised Jinri to rest for awhile and not to attend her remaining classes because of her condition. She was also assured to be excused from the activities and seat works from the classes left.

Kai hesitated at first but decided to stay with her. “Miss, please include me in the excuse letter. I want to take care of her here until the classes have ended.”

Surprised with his actions, Jinri refused. “No oppa, you have to attend the classes. Just tell me what happened alright? I will be fine here especially that the nurse is here.” She nodded reassuringly, holding onto his hand.

Hard headed he is, he declined. “Ani.. I will just tell Krystal to take note of our lessons for today. I will also tell her that I will be taking care of you. I am sure she cares for you too.” He turned to look at the nurse. “Please include me now, Miss nurse. Thank you.”

The nurse sighed. “Okay. I guess, I will have to include you in the letter.”

Kai smiled genuinely and as promised he took care of Jinri the whole day.

Confused, Jinri used her time with him to figure out what she felt for him. Kai oppa.. you’re really sweet and gentle. I think I am falling for you now.

END OF FLASHBACK

-

"Come on; five more minutes" Jinri murmured in contrast to her complaining, empty stomach. "Why did I skip breakfast again?" she groaned quietly to herself.

Of course she knew the answer. She had waken up later than usual which caused her to miss her first period.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing~~~

"Asa!!" Jinri cried happily, jumping up from her seat and shoving her textbook into her sling bag hastily.

Students inside the room went out to the cafeteria, chattering as usual.

"Yah! Sulli-yah! Let's eat!" Kai told me as he was fixing his things to his bag. "Ah ppali!!" She told him impatiently, dragging Kai to the cafeteria after he barely finished organizing his things.

The queue was so long that it took the two ten minutes before they could pay for the food they chose to eat, and Jinri was as cranky as ever.

When they have arrived at the counter to pay for the food, Jinri's stomach growled.

"Shut up" Jinri grumbled.

"Aw, better hurry up before it gets louder" Kai laughed. Jinri shot him a glare.

Kai paid for their lunch and went to our usual place by the window. Jinri would join Krystal and her group at times to eat since she knew that Kai felt uncomfortable eating with girls; therefore joining his own group of friends when not eating with her.

The next few minutes was silent. "Kai-yah, do you like somebody here already?" Jinri asked randomly.

Jinri admitted that she was curious. I mean, who wouldn't be if you were in her place?

"Why the sudden question?" Kai laughed.

Jinri shrugged.

"Well, I do like someone.." he admitted slowly.

Jinri’s heart beat faster than usual and for some reason her hopes soared.

"Jinjja? Nuguseyo?" SHe asked without hesitation.

"Promise me you won't tell anybody, arachi?" He told me.

"Of course I wouldn't tell anyone. I'm not a gossip, pabo" She nodded before laughing.

He motioned for Jinri to come closer and with furrowed brows the latter obeyed.

Jinri could feel her heart thumping faster and the blush crept into her cheeks.

"I-I like Krystal" He whispered to my ear.

Jinri froze. Her chest ached, and tears stung her eyes.

It took time before she came back to her senses. Kai shook her shoulder softly then asked her. "Sulli-yah, gwenchana?"

"Ah, n-neh. Sorry. Excuse me. I just have to go to the C.R. Don't wait for me" She told him while looking down, holding back her tears that attempted to fall.

She stood up and went to the comfort room with tears streaming down her pale cheeks.

She quickly locked herself inside a cubicle and let out a choked sobbed. "Choi Jinri! Pabo! Pabo!" she mumbled as she hit her forehead continuously. "You shouldn't have let yourself fall too fast. Besides, he wouldn't have told you if it wasn't someone else, right?! Why can't I follow my mind and not my heart this one time??"

 -

He tried to follow Jinri but she ran too fast. He doesn't know what happened to her. He doesn't understand why she acted that way.

Maybe she doesn't feel well. He thought as he was making his way back to the class room. He shrugged his shoulders and continued walking.

He entered the room by himself, worrying.  He sat on his chair and busied himself by playing some games on his phone. The school bell is about to ring and she still hasn't arrived. 

He was staring at the door when he realized that Krystal was walking towards him. Maybe she just needs to ask something. Don't be so nervous; Kim Jongin.

"Kai-ssi! Annyeong!" she smiled and sat on the seat next to him.

"Neh? What's the matter Krystal?" he smiled back softly at her as he started squishing her cheeks, not really waiting for her reply. "You're still squishy"

"Yah! That hurts!" She rubbed her cheeks while pouting. She looks very cute when she pouts.

"Aww.. mianhaeyo, cutie~" He told her.

Impulsively, he kissed her cheek to help lessen the pain. "What was that for?" She looked at me with her eyes wide.

"Hm? Nothing. You said it hurts so I thought that kissing it will help lessen the pain" Kai nodded and messed up her hair, smirking.

Krystal scowled and swatted away his hand playfully. He pouted and she glared back.

-

 Jinri walked back to class alone, looking down; eyes still hurting because of crying.

As she approach the room, her sharp eyes immediately catching one of the most painful scenes she would ever encounter. This time, my heart just cracked.

Kai was kissing Krystal's cheek.