Chapter 7: Good Start

My Love Is Like A Star [DISCONTINUING]

 GOOD START

 

“jinri-yah~ so nice to see you again!” Baekhyun whispered cheerfully. He can’t help but smile knowing that Jinri will be in the same class as his.

“uhh..oh.. ne.” she nodded the slightest and smiled at him, but then he noticed that the smile is not as happy as yesterday. Why doesn’t she seem happy to see me? Did I do something wrong? Or, is there something wrong with her?

The teacher started the lessons so he turned his head to the blackboard to listen.

-

The bell rang after two classes in the morning, announcing the first break time for the day.

Baekhyun placed his things in his bag and looked for Jinri. She was already going out so he hastily snatched his things and ran to her.

“Jinri-yah! Wait!” He grabbed her by the wrist. “Can we have lunch together? You know…You’re my only friend here so far. I am also new here and I still don’t know which is which.” He constantly rubbed his nape in embarrassment.

He glanced at her for a moment. Her blank face turned to a cheerful one. He then felt Jinri’s arm wrapped around his. He felt relieved that nothing was wrong. “Ne. Kajja! And I will be your personal tour guide!” she stated happily while saluting to him like a soldier to his commander. I really thought she will refuse me, based on her actions before in the room. This girl.

He chuckled at her childishness and ruffled her hair. “Silly. Let’s go?”

-

They arrived at the cafeteria after a few turns in the hallway. There are students waiting at the counters for their food. There are many round tables with benches on either sides, but there are also tables for two. There is also a long table with stools by the window.

“So, what are we going to eat for lunch? My treat.” Baekhyun said as he looked at Jinri.

“w-what? Aniya! Gwenchana. I will just pay for my own.” Jinri looked at him with wide eyes.

He laughed quietly at her and shook his head side to side. “No. I insist. I want to treat my only friend. Okay?”

He grasped her hand and pulled her to the line. Baekhyun ordered Beef Udon Noodles for their lunch.

“You don’t really have to pay for it.” He suddenly heard her sigh behind him. He was still pulling her beside in case she will slip away because of her grumpiness.

“No. I have told you already, right? I want to treat my friend.” Smirking, he led her to a seat by the window.

He made her sit first before him. He can see her still pouting. “Hey. Don’t be too grumpy. I treated you ‘cause I want to, okay?” He bent down to her eye level. “Please smile like yesterday. I like it better on you, than that pouty face you’re wearing right now.” He tapped her nose then chuckled when she shoved his hand away. “You don’t want to grow old too fast, am I right?” He finally saw her smile genuinely for the day, even though she is suppressing it by biting her lower lip, but her eyesmile tells him what she is feeling.

“Ne. Mian. I will just eat this food because my best friend bought it for me.” She squeezed his cheek before starting to eat happily. Oh.. jinri-ah.. You really made it harder for me.

While eating, Jinri kept thinking of the things Baekhyun did for her and she can’t help but smile at her thought.

I kept on complaining to Baekhyun for treating me. I am still really shy, unusually. That’s also why I don’t want him to treat me.

Despite of my complaint and crankiness, he was still there and did not leave me. He tried to constantly comfort me I felt sorry him. I know I shouldn’t have acted that.

He kept telling me things that made me chuckle. I tried to suppress, but I miserably failed. Without me knowing, my bashfulness was gone. This boy really. How can he make my mood change just by his words?now I am getting curious to know him.

-

“Hey! Don’t eat that! That’s my favorite part!” Baekhyun stole and ate Jinri’s favorite part of the beef in my food. She lightly slapped his shoulders while convincing him not to eat it but he still did. She plopped down on her chair with arms crossed, frowning. 

“oh.. aigoo… the child is mad again. Here. I still have some. Say ‘ahh’.” He held a piece of beef between his chopsticks.

“omo! Kamsahamnida!” She gladly opened then ate every beef part he gives.

-

He fed her with all the beef he had in his plate. And she felt so delighted. I really love beef! Jinri thought.

“Are you sure it’s okay that I ate all of the beef on your plate? Mianhae.” Jinri said while still chewing the last one.

“Yeah. I am already full and I don’t love beef as much as you do.” He teased.

“Eh? Am I too obvious?” She chuckled and drank from the bottled water.

“Yes you are.” He chuckled. “Next time, I will bring lots of different dishes with beef on it.”

“Jeongmal?! Ahh.. gomawo!” She beamed, so happy about what he said.

The school bell rings once again, signifying that the lunch break ends.

“kajja! It’s time already. We need to go back to our room.” She pushed back her chair before standing up, grabbed her bag and pulled him to standup.

The two ran back to their room and fortunately, the teacher is still not there.

-

The class was dismissed earlier than usual, which was really great news for Jinri. Asa! Another stressful day finally done!!

She packed her stuffs quickly and started thinking of the things she would do before going home.

She skipped through the hallway with joy. She had already planned to go to the convenience store to buy some ice creams and to drink her favorite bubble tea.

“Sulli-yah!” Jinri blinked in surprise and turned her heels to face the one who called her. Shoot! I forgot to wait for Baekhyun. Mianhaeyo Baekhyun-ssi. She mentally facepalmed.

She remembered that she promised him something right after the announcement of early dismissal.

FLASHBACK

“Sulli, do you have something to do after class? Do you have plans already?” Baekhyun suddenly asked Jinri.

“Hm? I have no plans yet. Why?” She said while scribbling some notes on her notebook.

“I was thinking…err..maybe we can hang out? You know…as bestfriends?” She heard him told say, and she can see from her peripheral vision that he is rubbing his nape. He is shy? Now, that’s weird.

“uhmm.. sure! That would be fun.” She finished writing her notes then smiled at him.

“Really? Yaksok? ” he leaned in to me while grinning, eyes full of hopes.

“Ne. Yaksok!” She gave him a thumb up and an eyesmile.

END OF FLASHBACK

“Omo! Mian. I forgot my promise. I was too occupied with my thoughts about what I will do today.” Jinri showed him an apologetic smile as she bows.

“Hey. Stop bowing. It’s okay. So, let’s go?” She nodded then Baekhyun started walking towards the gates with her trailing behind him.

-

Baekhyun and Jinri were already walking by the exit when someone called her. “Jinri!”

She turned to the direction of the voice. I knew it was Taemin oppa.

“Oh! Tae oppa. Good to see you again! How have you been?” She was grinning sheepishly, and then she suddenly hugged him. She knows that she is really happy to see him. It is now so hard to catch up with Taemin because of his busy schedule.

“I’m good. Anyways, do you want to spend time with me today? I am already finished with all my obligations for this month. I was thinking of making everything up to you. What do you think?” Taemin said every word casually, typical for a guy like Taemin.

Oh heavens! Help me. How can I refuse such offer? I really miss this bestfriend of mine, but I already promised to hang out with Baekhyun. Eotteokke?