Chapter 11: Christmas Eve

My Love Is Like A Star [DISCONTINUING]

Christmas Eve

 

Taemin arrived earlier than he expected. He walked closer to the Choi's residence with a happy smile, excited to spend his Christmas Eve with his bestfriend than alone. He has been renting a flat near the school he is attending and since his parents are in the province, he don't have the time to ride to there at this hour.

A sweet smell from the boiling soup and other dishes being cooked from the kitchen spread in the air and even Taemin, who was right in front of the house's gates, can smell them.

 

Inside of the house, Jinri's dad was cooking their meal for dinner. He was expecting four people to eat this Christmas Eve so he tried to cook a little more.

After a while, the ring of the doorbell was heard. Mr. Choi left the dishes he was currently cooking and headed to the doors to see who arrived.

He opened the door and saw Taemin standing in front of their gates, rubbing her palms together to keep himself warm. 

"Good Evening Mr Choi!" Taemin said and bowed, a smile appeared on his face. 

"Oh hey! Boy, I haven't seen you for awhile..How have you been?" Mr Choi asked as he open the gate for him.

"Ahh.. ne. I was so busy in school.. being a student council's president and an honor student at the same time is hard." Taemin felt exhausted just by thinking of what he had been doing the past few months. 

"Ahh.. i see.. that must be so tiring..." Mr. Choi patted Taemin's shoulder. Then he realized that it's getting colder so he invited him to get inside the house. 

 

Taemin placed the gifts he brought under the Christmas tree at the living room. He sat on the couch and noticed that Jinri is not around. 

"Uh.. Mr. Choi, where is Sulli? I haven't seen her around the house. Is she sleeping?" Taemin managed to ask, his eyes wandering around the house, hoping to find her.

"You can't really see her around." Mr. Choi joked, still finishing the last dishes to be prepared. "She went out with her friend earlier, when the sun was still up. I think they'll arrive any minute now. I told her not to stay out late."

"Friend? Mr. Choi, would you mind me asking who's with her?" Taemin walked to the kitchen. He leaned his elbows on the kitchen counter, his chin resting on his palms.

"Oh..It's fine. She's with the good boy named Baekhyun." Mr. Choi placed all the dishes on the dinner table, nicely arranged like it was done by an expert chef. "He came here very early in the morning. I thought he was just one of the mail man dropping by in the morning, but then Sulli introduced him with me as her friend, best friend i could tell. He seemed nice so I allowed them to go."

A sudden pang of jealousy had hit Taemin inside. He felt bad for not being around that hour.  He smiled awkwardly and sat back to the couch, shuffling through the channels available. How could i be so affected? Sulli won't fall for Baekhyun in just a day right? I should be confident. Sulli is gonna be my girl, i believe. 

 

Baekhyun and Jinri were still riding a bus to the Choi's residence. Jinri fell asleep without her knowing, her head swaying from side to side in the process. Baekhyun can't help but laugh at her silly but cute gesture. But instead of laughing, he pulled Jinri's head and let her rest on his shoulder. 

"You are always so cute Jinri-ah...aigoo... " Baekhyun whispered and smiled. 

Jinri wasn't able to hear it though. Baekhyun noticed a smile spreading on her lips when her head was leaned on his shoulder. 

"Rest for awhile Jinri-ah.." He hesitantly placed an arm around Jinri's shoulder and patted her head so gently. 

 

"It's already 9 pm. Mr. Choi, do you think they're coming anytime now?" Taemin asked impatiently as he looked out of the window, waiting for Jinri and Baekhyun to arrive. 

"Ah... yeah. I think they are near. I have just received a text message from Baekhyun. Don't worry for my daughter, son. They'll be here soon enough" Mr. Choi stood beside Taemin and patted his shoulder. 

He then went to get the beef meat from the refrigerator. "Want to help me prepare this Grilled Beef for later's Christmas Meal?" 

"Alright Sir! I am good at this! I am sure Sulli will like this." Taemin nodded without hesitation and walked towards the griller at the backyard. He started grilling with a smile as he keep thinking of Sulli.

 

The two have already got off the bus and is walking towards Jinri's house when Jinri suddenly called Baekhyun.

"Baekhyun oppa!  Wait for me!" Jinri called as she fix her shoe laces. 

Baekhyun walked back to her and helped her tie her shoe laces. "Still having a hard time on tying your shoes?"

He then chuckled and bowed down to help her on tying her shoe laces. "I remember you, getting late always in our PE class because of this."

Jinri hit his arm lightly. "Yah! oppa, it's not my fault that no one taught me how to tie shoe laces in an easier way."

Baekhyun scoffed. "But you are too old for someone to teach you. You should learn how to do it as you grow. What if I am not here to help you right now?." He looked at her, with a slight worry in his eyes. "I wonder if you are still so ignorant with so many things. how could you live by yourself, huh?"

She pouted and playfully glared at him. "But there is a saying that no man is an island, so I could depend on someone's knowledge and help if i needed to. Besides, You are my bestfriend! You will help me always, right?" She flashed her bright smile at him without hesitation. 

You are still really immature of some things Jinri. I should really be by your side to guide you and help you. I don't want to see you having a hard time on doing things. I want to stand by you.....I just hope you can hear these words. Baekhyun looked at Jinri for a good few seconds before laughing.

"Whatever you say, Master Jinri." 

Baekhyun bent down and fixed her shoe laces, a smile hideously spreadin on his lips.The two continued walking to Jinri's house before the night dominate the skies. 

 

A door bell was suddenly heard at Choi's residence. Taemin went to open the door, little jealous to see the Baekhyun and Jinri teasing each other in front of the gate. 

"Yah! Hajima! I am not a baby. I just needed someone to help me in things." Jinri continuously hit Baekhyun's arm playfully.

"Alright, alright. I know I can never win over you." Baekhyun raised his arms, surrendering.

Taemin cleared his throat, interrupting the two who were still busy talking to each other.

"Are the two of you still planning to enter the house?" He said, a little sarcastically.

"Baekhyun-ssi, can't you see how cold it is outside? You should have brought Jinri a bit earlier. Jinri, let's go in?" He then stepped forward and lent his winter jacket to Jinri.

"O-Omo. Oppa, It's fine. You don't have to tell that to Baekhyun oppa. It's not his fault." Jinri pouted, feeling sorry for what Taemin just said.

"Mhmm..alright baby Sulli~" Taemin smiled and ruffled her hair. "Your appa prepared something for dinner. Then I will help you prepare for the midnight meal for Christmas, alright?" 

She couldn't say no to Taemin's suggestion, so she nodded. "Alrightey~ It will be fun!"

Jinri and Taemin walked inside, leaving Baekhyun outside. 

" Seriously? How could she just leave me here?" He sighed and stepped inside the house with a smile, despite of being left out. 

 

----------------------------------------------------------

[A/N] omg! sorry for not updating so often. T^T school is killing me. I will update twice a week if possible, just like before. <3 love ya people!