Chapter 8 : Best friends' Hangout

My Love Is Like A Star [DISCONTINUING]

BEST FRIENDS' HANGOUT

 

[A/N] this refers to their thoughts. Taemin Sulli Baekhyun

Taemin was standing at the gates, intentionally waiting for Jinri to come out. He knows that her time of dismissal is around that hour. He still owes her time and he thought this day would be the right time to make it up to her.

He looked for her through the crowd until he saw this familiar girl. That’s her!

“Jinri!”

Jinri turned to his direction. I knew it was her.

“Oh! Tae oppa. Good to see you again! How have you been?” She flashed a smile at him and hugged him. She seemed to be delighted to see him. He is actually happy to see her as well.

 Baekhyun was still dumbfounded with what is happening. He doesn’t know this guy who approached Jinri, but based on the way Jinri and the guy talk to each other, he can tell that they are really close friends.

He felt bad not only because he was being ignored by her, but also because he can see her so close with this other best friend. He is very oblivious that there is a feeling of insecurity building inside him.

“I’m good. Anyways, do you want to spend time with me today? I am already finished with all my obligations for this month. I was thinking of making everything up to you. What do you think?” Taemin is really hoping she would agree.

“uhmm… that’s great! I would love to spend time with you. It’s felt like ages since we have been together. But you see Baekhyun here, my best friend aside from you. ” She chuckled and he pouted. I knew what she was saying. Of course, I can’t be her only best friend in life.

“He already offered to hang out with me and I promised to go with him” her words have taken him aback. Is she saying that her new found best friend is much more important than her childhood best friend? He sighed silently.

Baekhyun was lost in his thoughts until he heard Sulli say, “But since I think this is your only free time, I don’t want to lose this opportunity. And I guess it will better and much more fun if the three of us will waste time together.” Relief spread all over him. At least she didn’t leave me. Thanks Ssul. You really are my best friend.

Jinri laughed at her silliness as she cling her arms to Taemin and Baekhyun.

“So, let’s go?” Sulli looked at Baekhyun then at Taemin, wide grin plastered on her face.

Baekhyun smiled back at her as bright.  “Ne. Kajja!”

-

The three best friends, or rather Sulli and her two best friends, then started walking off the campus. Oblivious to Sulli the two men kept on sending daggers towards each other, probably not happy on each other’s company.

“So, where do you want us to go gentlemen?” Sulli asked the two impishly.

“Anywhere you’d like.” The two guys said unison, causing them to laugh.

“Silly~ arasseo! Let’s go to the Lotte World then!” Sulli let go of Taemin’s arm to raise a fist happily then skipped towards the bus stop, still clinging onto Baekhyun. Taemin was surprised, a frown appearing on his face as he watch the two from a distance; whilst Baekhyun was so happy that Sulli didn’t let go of him, a big smile creeping on his face. Ssul? Really? Is this some kind of a punishment for me for not being able to give you time the past few weeks? How is our friendship? Jinri-ssi. I won’t let go of you too. Haha I am being stupid. I am just her best friend. Baek, remember that. This will be a fun day~! Especially that I have two of my best friends by my side!!

“Taemin oppa! Ppali!” Sulli turned around and signaled Taemin to fasten his pace. “I can’t wait to see those amazing rides at the amusement park!” Sulli clasped her hands together.

-

As soon as they have arrived at the amusement park, Jinri wandered around looking for the ride that best interests her. Taemin smiled at her childish actions. She seemed like a child. You have never changed Sulli-yah. You are still as bubbly as you are back then when we were younger.

On the other hand,  Baekhyun was so happy seeing her happy. In a way, Jinri has this tendency to infect others with her cheerfulness.

“Oh! Baekhyun oppa! Taemin oppa! Let’s ride that one!” Jinri spoke out a little loudly and pulled excitedly the two boys to the roller coaster ride.

“Aigoo.. Slow down sulli-yah.. The ride will not run away from you. ” Baekhyun teased, scratching his head as he was being pulled by Jinri.

Jinri chuckled but still continued pulling Baekhyun and Taemin. “Ohh.. Sulli, you must be missing going to places like this with me? Aren’t you?” Taemin said mockingly. He slung his arm around Jinri’s shoulder and led her to the ride, leaving Baekhyun behind dumbfounded.

Baekhyun fastened his pace to catch up to the two. “Yah! Eodiga? Wait for me!”

-

“Here we go!” Taemin exclaimed happily as he sat down beside Jinri on the roller coaster ride.

Baekhyun had no choice but to sit down alone behind them. He crossed his arms over his chest and pouted while looking at the two.

Soon, the ride started not long after the safety gears were fixed onto the passengers. Jinri closed her eyes, biting her lips as she was suppressing the fear inside her. It was not hard for Taemin to notice that so he pulled Jinri into a hug.

“Sulli-yah.. Just hug me tight if you feel scared, arasseo?” Taemin whispered to her ear as the ride goes on. “I am here, so do not worry about falling, because I will be here to catch you if ever that happens.” He said, a little playfully.

Taemin then pulled Jinri closer to him reassuringly. She looked up at him and smiled. Taemin oppa…you still haven’t changed. You are still the guy I first fell for. Thank you for helping me this time; this very moment that I am so scared. Jinri shook her head on her silly thought. She buried her face on his chest and hugged him tighter when the ride went 360 degrees. Taemin just shouted to let out the slight fear he is feeling.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun was screaming his stomach out in fear. He had his eyes shut and his hands clenched his fists onto the safety gears placed on his shoulder. I shouldn’t have agreed to join them if I knew it is this frightening.

The roller coaster ride came to a stop, almost immediately. Everyone in the ride hopped off and chatted with themselves about their new experience.

“Are you alright?” Taemin leaned closer and cupped Jinri’s face to see if she’s okay.

 Jinri then nodded and grinned reassuringly. She stood up and offered her hand to Taemin. “Kajja?!”

“Ne. kajja!” Taemin chuckled at her sudden liveliness.

The two stepped out of the roller coaster area. They spotted Baekhyun in one side of the exit, who seems like he is going to vomit.

“Baekhyun-ssi!” Jinri hurried to Baekhyun and check him up. She tilted his face up. “Omo! You look so pale. Let’s get you some drink.” She pulled him to the nearest beverage store and bought water for him.

Baekhyun sat on one of the chairs in the store. “Jinri-yah.. It’s okay.. You don’t need to buy those. I’m good.”

“Aniya! You don’t look good. You see? You’re too pale.. Are you not used to riding roller coasters? ” Jinri asked worriedly. She opened the bottled water and handed it to Baekhyun.

Taemin, on the other hand, was just staring at the two in annoyance. Aiish.. he doesn’t act like a guy.. so weak for a guy. He shook his head in disbelief and leaned on the wall, eyes still fixed on the two.

Baekhyun shook his head to the side and pouted. “No. I never tried riding those kind; just this time. I don’t want to disappoint you so I joined. I didn’t know I would feel like this.” Slowly, he drank the water Jinri gave him.

“Aigoo~ you should’ve told me. It’s okay for me if you stayed behind.” Jinri smiled reassuringly and patted Baekhyun’s shoulder. “At least you would be feeling okay.. Unlike now.”

Baekhyun looked at Jinri and smiled. “Thank you Sulli-yah~ You are really such a very good best friend!” He ruffled her hair and tapped her nose. You don’t know how you make me happy, Sulli. I am so thankful to have a best friend like you.