Chapter 13: First Kiss

My Love Is Like A Star [DISCONTINUING]

It was the first day of school after the holidays ended. Students in the university rushed to their classrooms before the first bell rings.

Unusual as it may seem, Jinri was absent in her first class. Her classmates, especially Kai and Krystal, wondered if there’s something that happened during the long break. She was not as bubbly and hyper as she was before. She ignored all the people who wanted to talk to her about her strange attitude. Even those who just wanted to seek for love advice from her was given attention

She never bothered telling others about what happened until Taemin came to her and asked her after the classes ended.

“Sulli-ah! Wait!” Taemin called out before running towards Jinri who was about to step out of the campus. 

She turned around and faked a smile. “Oh..Oppa!”

“Can I walk you home?” He offered, still panting. 

“Hm, sure! I don’t mind. Baekhyun oppa is not here anyways.” She said the last sentence barely audible.

Taemin felt tad relieved that no one will get Jinri’s attention away from him. But with the slight frown on her face, he felt guilty. “Why? What happened? I heard that he dropped from school.”

Jinri just nodded and walked ahead with her head hung low.

He fastened his walking pace then asked her. “Mind telling me, Sulli?”

She nodded and started telling him.

 

 

-FLASHBACK-

It was past midnight, a night after the Christmas Day. Jinri was about to sleep when someone knocked on her room’s window. She groaned slightly but still decided to check who bothered her resting time.

She was surprised when she saw Baekhyun after she opened the window. She helped him in before asking him his reason for coming. She let him sat on her bed and she sat beside him. Baekhyun was coughing a bit due to the cold weather, despite of the fact that he has his thick jacket on. She patted his back and chuckled.

“Yah! Why did you come here at this hour? It’s already late. We can talk tomorrow, you know?” Jinri flashed him a cheerful smile and patted his head.

“Ahh..yeah, I would, if only I can.” He frowned and coughed a little more.

“Aigoo oppa.. Don’t make such excuses. You want some coffee or hot chocolate drink? I can make one for you.”

She stood up but he held her hand, making her stop. He shook his head, telling her not to go.

Suddenly, Baekhyun hugged her tightly. Hot tears trying to escape his eyes, but he managed to keep calm. “Please. Just stay with me.”

She was surprised by his sudden action then she felt butterflies in her stomach. Indeed she was blushing.

“O-oppa, are you alright?” Those were the only words she could grasp.

He nodded and hugged her tighter. “Jinri-ah…My family is leaving tomorrow. We’re migrating to Europe. My father was able to get a better job there.”

For a second, she completely did not know how to react. Seems like all the emotions escaped from her system. But when they came back muddled up, she did not know how to act rationally. She thought that she should smile and tell him encouraging words because it will be a great opportunity for Baekhyun and his family. But her selfish self tells her that she will lose someone really important to her; though she doesn’t know who Baekhyun really is for her.

Minutes passed without her knowing. Baekhyun pulled away from the hug and pecked her cheek. “Jinri-ah, when I am already away please think that I am just right beside you. I’ll try to contact you, as much as possible; I will find ways to communicate you. Let’s talk through SNS or…when I am allowed, I could visit you once in a while.” Although he felt really sad inside, he still smiled at her.

Jinri was still unable to think of what to say him. She found herself just staring at him with a frown on her face. All of a sudden, tears came rolling down her cheeks.

“Oppa, I’ll miss you. I’ll miss you a lot.” Sadness was replaced by happiness inside him when he heard those words.

Without any reply, he inched closer to her; his lips touching hers in the process. He cupped her face and kissed her softly. She smiled against his lips and responded to the kiss. He pulled her closer and kissed her passionately.

That night, two people shared a kiss which both of them will cherish….forever.  

Just when I thought cupids will never find their match, never have someone to hold their heart for them. I was proven wrong right away by this shameless stranger I met one day on my way home. Even before, I already knew you were serious about your feelings for me. But I was afraid, afraid that just like other love stories…I will be left alone and miserable. Indeed, I will go through the same pain as others went through. However, by now I understood that love isn’t only about one person feeling alright. Love will always require sacrifice and courage. Having each other, hardships will be nothing.

I never knew when I started liking you and never will I know when I started loving you. However, I have no regrets. I know I loved the right person; this cheerful person who always care for others, neglecting herself in the process. This time, I will take care of you and make you feel special even though you are too oblivious. I just want to see you happy. Jinri-ah, I love you. If only I can bring you with me as I leave, but I know you have a life here and you can’t just leave it for me. I am just nothing but your best friend. Day by day, I wish in the stars that one day when you wake up, you’ll see me differently, maybe the same way I look at you. If everything changes when I come back, I will still wish to meet you and tell you that after all, this heart of mine still loves you.

 

Baekhyun and Jinri lied down on the bed while facing each other. He smiled while holding her hand. She just chuckled and pinched his nose playfully.

“Oppa, I have one thing I want you to know. Hm, well, I wasn’t so sure about it before. But now I am certain with it.”

“Hm? What is it?” He looked at her then pecked the back of her hand.

“Oppa, neomu saranghae.” As soon as she spoke those words, she blushed then rolled away from him and wrapped herself with a blanket.

He was left smiling like an idiot before crawling to her. “Yah! What did you say?” He poked her again and again. When she did not reveal herself, he just hugged her; bear-like hug actually.

He then whispered. “Jinri-ah, I love you more than you do. I was serious when I told you I love you before though.”

He felt her giggle under his hug then for a second he was jumped on by her.

“Ne. Mianhae. I didn’t want to rush things before.” She smiled and pressed his lips together, making him look like a duck. She chuckled.

“Aigoo.. you should’ve just told me instead of making me look stupid.” He sighed then smirked and wrapped his arms around her. “Jinri-ah, you’re mine now, alright?”

She blinked for several times before nodding. “Ne, oppa. Yayy! My very first boyfie~ ” She whispered cheerfully, careful not to wake his father up.

“Hey, promise me not to flirt with other guys when I leave, alright?”

“Aww.. arasseo arasseo.” She smiled and buried her face on his chest.

The two spend the whole night together- just talking about random topics, thinking about things they could do and spending their last hours they’d be together before Baekhyun leave the country.

 

Depressing as it may seem, but when Baekhyun left, Jinri had always been so silent. I seemed like he brought Jinri’s soul with him. She always wait for Baekhyun’s update in SNS. She will only smile when she will be able to talk to him. She would rather to be alone than to be with so many people unlike what she was before.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

When Jinri finished telling Taemin what happened, she sat on a bench with him at the playground around the neighborhood. Of course she did not tell him that she shared her first kiss with Baekhyun and he is already her boyfriend. Not because she want to hide it from him, but because she is too shy to tell him about it.

“Hm..I see. So, you’re just sad because you lost a friend to stand by you?” Taemin looked at her and smiled comfortingly.

She nodded and sighed. “I hope he’s fine out there.” She stared at the ground and beamed. “Other than him, I have another best friend with me. And it’s you, remember?”

Taemin shook his head upward and pulled her in for a hug. “Aigoo..I thought you forgot about me, Sulli~ don’t worry, I won’t leave you, ever.”

“Gomawo oppa..”

 

 

Jinri arrived home before the night covered the skies. She excitedly went inside her room and grabbed her laptop. She checked her SNS account, hoping that Baekhyun left her a message. When she did not find any, she decided to send him one.

I miss you already oppa. My namja chingu. Hope you’re alright. Jinri tries to be happy even when you’re not here to cheer me up. I love you. Neomu saranghaeyo~


--------

 

Sorry for updating so late ;; omg. are you still there my subbies? 3 i'll write more chapter this summer vacation ^^