Chapter 10: First Snow

My Love Is Like A Star [DISCONTINUING]

FIRST SNOW

Months had passed. School days are over. It's finally Christmas break for all the students of South Korea.

 

Baekhyun was about to go home, but decided to get some of his things from his locker. When he opened it, a white envelope slid down from it. 

"woah~" Baekhyun bent down to get the envelope and opened it.

"aigoo..jinjja." He suddenly smiled and shook his head in disbelief.

"This girl really. She doesn't have to leave me a note. She can just talk to me." He then walked to the nearest bench with his bag slung on his right shoulder before breathing out a sigh.

"I hope Jinri had been fine. I miss her so much. she had been busy these past few weeks." He stared at the note Jinri made and stared up at the blue sky. I am looking forward to spend time with you again, Jinri-ssi.

 

Taemin had just arrived home. He was searching for his wallet in his backpack when he noticed a folded note under all of his things. 

He chuckled. "What's this? Did i put it in here?" he slowly opened the note and read it. 

"Great! I am gonna see my Sulli again!" He threw himself on the bed with a grin plastered on his face. "I should prepare a gift for her!"

He looked around and grabbed his wallet on his study table. Taemin hurried out of their house and went to the mall.

 

December 24th 

It was a usual morning with a usual morning breakfast for Jinri, but she knew the next few hours will be very exciting for her. She went out of her room with a wide grin. She did her morning routine before preparing breakfast for her and her appa.

"Sulli-yah~ why are you up so early?" Her father opened his room's door while scratching his head sleepily. His sleep was disturbed by Jinri's cooking at the kitchen.

"It's only 4 in the morning. you should sleep more. It's vacation anyway." He laughed.

"Aniya, appa. I am in the mood to do things since it's Christmas Eve. Go and sleep more appa." Jinri smiled and continued preparing breakfast.

"Ah.. Appa!" She called before her appa closed his room. "Siwon oppa called up yesterday night. He told me that he is coming tonight for Christmas." She smiled softly and turned back to the dish she is cooking.

"Oh..Jinjja?" Her father asked sleepily. 

She chuckled, her eyes fixed on the food she is preparing. "Ne, Appa. You should really go back to sleep. See you later!"

 

Hours after, she finished the breakfast meal she planned. When she was about to call her father, the door bell suddenly rang.

Jinri walked briskly to the door to see who came."Coming!"

She opened the door and was surprised with the person who came. "Omo! you are too early buddy~" She chuckled.

"A-ahh......jinjja?" Baekhyun said while rubbing his nape, trying to act innocently.  "I thought I was just on time."

"Mmyeah~ just on time for breakfast." Jinri can't help but laugh whilst shaking her head. Silly oppa..i thought i wrote 'Dinner on Christmas Eve'.

"Let's go inside oppa! Join us for breakfast!" She smiled and pulled Baekhyun inside of her house. 

 

"Appa!" Jinri heard the room of her father's door opened right after she finished her breakfast with Baekhyun.

"Appa, go eat your breakfast! Baekhyun and I will just go to the shops to buy things for later. Is it alright for you, appa?" Jinri tried to convince her appa using her puppy face. 

"W-wait. It's alright for me that you'll go out to buy. But...Tell me first...Why would i let you go out with a guy whom i don't know huh, Jinri-ah?" Her father arched his eyebrows and looked at Jinri then at the guy sitting on the living room's couch, Baekhyun. The quiet guy just hung his head low in respect and decided not to join in the conversation.

"Omo! Appeonim, joisong hapnida." Jinri suddenly bowed to her father when she remembered that she hasn't told her father yet about her new friend. She knows that her father is really protective about her, since she is the only girl left in the family. 

She then pointed at Baekhyun. "Appa, this is Baekhyun."

Baekhyun stood up immediately and bowed in respect. "Annyeonghashipnikka! Baekhyun imnida! Manasseo Bangapsupnida, Ahjussi!" omo. someone tell me how i should act in front of the father of the girl i like..

"Oh.." Jinri's appa smiled and chuckled in amazement. "Such a very courteous boy." He then patted Baekhyun's shoulder. 

"Hm..so, you will be accompanying my daughter to shop around?" 

"ah..Ne, ahjussi" Baekhyun nodded.

"Mhmm.. I see. Well, you seemed like a good guy. Take care of my daughter, eo?" Jinri's appa chuckled as he pat Baekhyun's shoulder like a son. 

"Jinri-ah.. Be back before night comes, arachi?" He then turned to Jinri.

"Ne, appa! Annyeonghi gyeseyo!" She smiled then kissed her father's cheek before grabbing Baekhyun's hands and going out of the house.

 

Hours had passed since Jinri and Baekhyun went and shop in the mall. It was not that crowded since it will be only hours before christmas. They are about to go home since it will be harder for them to ride if they will stay out so late..

"Buddy, how's your vacation so far?" Jinri asked while her eyes wandered around the shopping area.

"Hmm.. it's kinda boring since I don't have my bubbly best friend around" Baekhyun looked at her who chuckled with him.

"Silly oppa.. "

Jinri suddenly ran to the bench at the bus stop and sighed in relief when sje reached.

Baekhyun watched her while laughing. aigoo~ why so cute jinri-yah??

"ohh~ my legs really hurt now." she complained as she finally sat on it.

Baekhyun sat beside her, setting down all the things they bought. "You should get used to long walks 'cause I will drag you anywhere anytime." He joked.

"Yah! Don't scare me like that!" She lightly hit his shoulder and laughed.

"Where would you take me then, hm?" Jinri asked, tilting her head sideways.

"I will take you to the place I know where you will be safe and sound. The place that will make you happy all the time. I will you to my heart." Baekhyun fsaid in a serious but gentle tone. He then looked at Jinri who looked at him suspiciously.

"A-are you being serious oppa?" she asked, holding back a laughter. "How can i fit in your small heart?"

Baekhyun nodded, earning a surprised look from Jinri. "Yes, I am being serious Jinri-ssi.. I will take you to my heart and make you safe in my arms. I know it's not right to like a friend...and...and.." He stattered.

"I know it's gonna be awkward if I tell it to you right away." He looked down in shame as he rub his nape, "But I just want you to know Jinri-yah.. even if we have only known each other for a few months.."

"I have liked you..." Baekhyun said, finally..

Jinri stared at him in shock. She blinked for a few times before realizing that what she heard is really true.

"O-oppa..." Jinri smiled and nodded.

"Aigoo~ don't have to tell me that!" She then sling her arms around Baekhyun's shoulders.

"I like you too oppa!"  She proudly told him. "I like you so so so much!"

"oh? Jinjja?" Baekhyun's heart almost flipped out of his chest in happiness when he heard what Jinri told him.

"Ne. Jeongmal" She said reassuringly. "You've been my bestest friend and I will also keep you in my heart."

"oh...i see.." He sighed as she gave her a warm hug.

He was happy to be liked by her even not in the way he wanted to. He is contented with that- maybe for now. He doesn't know.

"Hey look!" He pulled away from the hug and pointed at the falling snow flakes on the empty road.

"Waahh~ Beautiful!" Jinri smiled brightly at the sight. It wasn't her first time to see the snow, but everytime she does, she always smile and watch it in awe.

"Yes you are....jinri." Baekhyun unconsciously muttered. Jinri heard it but did not bother asking about it.

The two watched the snow in December for the first time. As for baekhyun, it would be one of the cherished moments of him with the girls she likes. Jinri-yah... I am hopeful that one day, you'll see me the way i look at you. i like you...so much..more than you think I do. I will forever remember this moment with you; this moment I spend my Christmas with you.

At some point Baekhyun hoped Jinri could hear him say it. Unfortunately, no.

 

Minutes more passed until a bus came and the two rode back to Jinri's house.

 

 

 

 

[A/N] OTL sorry for not updating fast these past few months. I was just too busy with school. I hope you understand me. I hope you still hang onto my story. I will try to update as soon as I can. thank you my lovely readers. don't forget to leave comments. author-nim loves you!!