Chapter 1: Meeting My Bestfriend

My Love Is Like A Star [DISCONTINUING]

 

MEETING MY BESTFRIEND

Choi Jinri stared out of the window blankly as she toyed with a bunny keychain. She glanced at it every now and then.

The keychain had been given to her by Lee Taemin; her best friend since elementary. He had given it to her when he was moving away to Seoul; so it was pretty worn out.

It's been a month since she  moved here from Busan. Tomorrow will be the first day of class, and she was good enough to be able to study in one of Korea's most prestigious universities. 

The main reason why she was excited was because she was going to attend the school with Taemin. They hadn't seen each other for two years and it was hard for her to cope since she had been so dependent on him..

Suddenly her phone began to ring. She quickly fetched it from her side table and checked the Caller ID;  Siwon Oppa.

Jinri tapped 'Answer' and pressed the device on her ear. "Yoboseyo?"

"Jinri-yah?"

"Siwon Oppa," Jinri said while still fiddling on her keychain.

"I did as you asked. I visited Omma.." he murmured. Jinri felt a lump on and croaked out; "Th-that's good" She placed the keychain on her side table. Staring at her bed, she remembered her mother’s memories with her.

"How are you?" Siwon sounded a little tired.

"I'm fine" Jinri nodded, keeping a straight face and preventing herself from crying. Their mother died just months ago, three months exactly, so it’s still really painful for her since she was closest to her mother.

"Well, good luck on your first day, Ssul" it was a nickname that he invented since her English name was Sulli.  Jinri slightly smiled at her brother’s cheerfulness, snapping her out of her gloomy trance.

"Kumawo. Good luck with work, too"

Siwon scoffed. "Bye...Love you"

"Bye..Love you too" Jinri was the first to hang up. She slipped her phone under her pillow then looked at the ceiling. Don’t be too sad now jinri. Omma is in a good place now. You should think positive just like what she has been telling you. Think of your Taemin oppa. You will see him again. That’s a good thing. Jinri convinced herself as she nod.

"Jinri!! Dinner's ready!" her father called after knocking on her door.

"Ne, appa! I'm coming!" she shouted back. She stood up and exited her room quickly.

She went downstairs to eat dinner. They're new home was a two-storey house that wasn't too far from her school. It was a pretty simple house with the needed furniture and a few decorations.

She sat down on a chair across her appa. They ate quietly; and Jinri volunteered to wash the dishes as it was obvious her father was tired from work. Her father agreed and bid her good night, going upstairs to his room.

She prepared the things she would need for school tomorrow and took a quick shower in the adjoining bathroom, changing into a pair of Hamtaro shorts and a loose tank top. She let her hair dry naturally, combing it, before settling into her queen-sized bed.

"I can't wait to see you, you crazy boy....." she mumbled; feeling sleep taking over her body. 

-

Ring~ Ring~ Riiiii--

Jinri groaned and quickly turned off her alarm clock from her side table.

She peeked at the time; 6:30 am.  

She stood up lazily and went to the bathroom to shower. Then she put on a bit of make-up, changed into her school's uniform and tied her hair into a long ponytail.

She went down the stairs, her sling bag hanging on her shoulder.

"Appa!! Good morning!!" she greeted with a bright smile planted on her face.

"Ah, good morning Jinri. You're up bright and early today" he chuckled as the maid expertly finished setting the table.

Jinri smiled softly. "Of course" because I will be able to see Taemin oppa again! She chuckled at her thought.

She finished eating quickly then she went upstairs to brush her teeth. She kissed her appa goodbye and leaned on the gate, waiting. Taemin texted her a day before that he will pick up Jinri on her first day in school.

Soon the tall, slim boy was walking over to her, waving and smiling widely.

"Taeminnie oppa" she smiled brightly as she hugged him tightly. 

"Omo, who-who are you??"

"Ya!!" she puffed her cheeks, pushing him.

"Miss, can you help me? I'm looking for a girl named Choi Jinri" he continued. Jinri shook her head; "I'm new here. Sorry, but I don't know anyone but Lee Taemin. You sort of look like him, though"

They burst out laughing. "You're so different from the Jinri I know" he chuckled, ruffling Jinri's hair. "Although you haven't changed"

Jinri huffed; "Two years and you don't recognize me anymore? You ajhussi!" she pouted as they climbed on their bikes and started to ride to school.

"I missed you" he suddenly told her as they neared the school; a glint of sadness appearing on his eyes.

Jinri smiled softly as her heart fluttered. "I missed you too, Oppa. It's good to be with you again"

A smile slowly crept on his face when he heard Jinri’s words. "Mm" he nodded as they slowed down, nearing the gate of the school. You don’t know how much I missed you Jinri-ah.

 

----------------------------

A/N:

Omg! First chapter of my first fanfic.. @.@;; I hope you liked it.. i really don't have confidence with this story, since I'm not really a writer. Please comment.. criticize me, judge my work, anything you wanna say.. i badly need feedbacks. Orz