'o6. smiling because of you

Simply Lovin' You

Smiling Because Of You

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Realizing that she must've came to find him for a reason, he turned around about to question her when he saw her weakened state. He quickly ran to catch her in his arms as his heart clenched in pain. Witnessing her in such a state triggered something inside of him and he hated himself for being the cause of it.

 

Swiftly picking her up off her feet, he tucked his arms under her knees and another around her waist, as he took off running downhill towards his car.

 

He gently placed her in the passenger seat and buckled her up. Then, placing a hand to her forehead, he felt for her temperature. Her forehead was burning hot and he noticed that her lips had started to turn pale.

 

Muttering a curse under his breath, he hurried over to the driver's side and sped off towards his condo.

 

-

 

He wringed the wet towel and placed it on her forehead as he used a clean towel to dry her off. Her temperature was no better than before and it worried him tremendously. Though, he wasn't sure why.

 

Donghae groaned in frustration as he ran a hand through his hair and paced around the room, feeling utterly useless.

 

"C-cold," she whispered hoarsely and he immediately turned to the shivering Jessica.

 

After hastily tucking his blanket around her, he then wrapped his arms around her as well and pulled her into his chest, hoping to give her some extra warmth.

 

"Are you warmer now?"

 

She nodded weakly and smiled, cherishing his embrace.

 

Without realizing it, the two fell into a deep slumber, sleeping their way through the night and into the early wee hours of the morning.

 

-

 

Rubbing her eyes sleepily, Jessica glanced around at her surroundings and was surprised to find herself in Donghae's embrace. It wasn't long before she recalled the events of the previous day and carefully draped the blanket over Donghae before slipping out of his bed.

 

Today was a regular weekday, which meant that he was bound to have to go to work after already escaping a day. She wanted to have breakfast ready for him so that he could have some energy for the day. Especially since Donghae wasn't in his best mood at the moment, he might just skip out on his meals.

 

Smiling proudly at the dish she had prepared, she inhaled in a deep breath of it before setting it down on the table along with a fork and knife.

 

Jessica glanced at her watch. Donghae should be waking up soon, which meant that she should probably leave. She figured that it would be best to leave him a day of peace seeing that she had already pestered him enough the day before.

 

She tried her best not to make a single sound as she slowly made her way towards his bed. It suddenly occurred to her that he was quite a heavy sleeper and she smacked herself on the forehead for forgetting. Propping her elbows on his bed, she kneeled next to him. Jessica carefully studied his features.

 

She daringly brought her hand up to squeeze his cheeks together and almost rolled over from laughter at his adorable fish face. When her silent laughters finally subsided, the brunette gazed at him with a soft smile and leaned in towards him.

 

It was quick and gentle- the kiss she pressed upon his cheeks.

 

'Thank you, Hae. You must have been tired from taking care of me last night.'

 

Then, taking his hand in hers, she lightly traced a 'J' into his palm and closed it. It was once their routine. Their hello and goodbye.

 

The young girl grinned as she sat by the older boy's bedside.

 

She had come to wake him up in hopes that they could do something for the day but being the heavy sleeper that he was, he had stayed sleeping as still as a log. He didn't even budge an inch when she had ensued all tactics of her violence upon him.

 

Thus, after lounging around in his room waiting for him, bored out of her mind, she came up with an idea.

 

Bringing the permanent marker close to the older boy's palm, she pressed it down and delicately imprinted a 'J' upon it. She blew gently on her work of art and smiled proudly at her creation, before getting up and skipping happily out of his room.

 

Of course, that was not without consequences.

 

"Yah!" the no longer sleeping boy hollered, "Jung Sooyeon! What do you think my palm is? A piece of paper for you to doodle on?"

 

The younger girl huffed as she crinkled her nose and crossed her arms, refusing to talk. She was clearly upset at his outburst.

 

He nudged her, hoping to get some sort of a reaction.

 

She didn't budge.

 

He nudged her again.

 

She still refused to budge.

 

He nudged her a third time, and she exploded.

 

"Yah! You Lee Pabo! Don't you 'Yah!' me! You were the one that wouldn't wake up to go out with me so I left you a nice little note on your palm to tell you that I was there, but what do you do? You go and yell at me! Fine! Be that way! Go find yourself a new girlfriend who won't doodle on your hands!"

 

She attempted to leave but his grasp on her arm prevented her from doing so as he pulled her into his arms and into a backhug.

 

"I'm sorry, love. I didn't mean to yell at you. How about you just trace it on my hand next time? I mean, how am I suppose to say hi to people with a 'J' on my hand?" he joked and planted a kiss to the side of her head.

 

She lets out a laugh and he lets her go so that he could face her.

 

"But you're such a heavy sleeper! How would you know that I was even there to trace my initial on your hand?"

 

"We go by intuition and telepathy then!" he grinned, "From now on, whenever one of us comes by but the other is sleeping, we'll trace our first initial on each other's palm to let them know, okay?"

 

She pondered upon the idea before breaking out into a smile and happily agreeing.

 

"But," she glared, "You better get my messages!"

 

He smiled before intertwining their hands.

 

"I wouldn't miss it for the world."

 

She smiled back wholeheartedly and leaned in to leave a kiss upon his lips.

 

To think that they didn't consider using their cellphones or leaving a note instead. But love just so happened to be a crazy little thing.

 

-

 

It was 7 AM when Donghae woke up- the usual time that his mental work alarm would go off. He groaned as he sat up and held his head, momentarily blank of thoughts from the sleep that had clouded his head.

 

Suddenly remembering that he had fallen asleep while hugging Jessica, he looked to his right and was surprised to find her gone.

 

He frowned and headed towards the kitchen of which he smelled the aroma of food coming from.

 

To his surprise, she wasn't there either, but all the signs definitely confirmed her once presence.

 

His eyes lazily roamed the area and fell upon the breakfast that she had made for him.

 

He made his way over to it and a crooked smile immediately tugged at the corner of his lips.

 

He studied the eggs that were still a bit raw, the bacons that had become burnt around the edges, the toast that was luckily perfected by the toaster, and the orange juice that was definitely freshly squeezed.

 

He chuckled, clearly amused. It didn't take a genius to conclude that Jessica wasn't the best cooker around.

 

Picking up the blue sticky note that was stuck upon the table, he read it aloud.

 

"Morning sleepyhead! I'm sorry for the intrusion last night. I'm feeling much better now, thanks! I hope you enjoy the breakfast and be sure to give your mom a call! She's been worried about you. PS. I hope that I was able to take away some loneliness from your rainy day. (:"

 

His smile could only widen.

 

'She remembered.'

 

Settling himself into the chair, Donghae picked up his fork as he dug into his breakfast happily. It didn't take him long to finish and he rubbed at his tummy afterwards, like a satisfied little boy.

 

After cleaning up, he recalled Jessica's reminder to call his mom, so he did just that.

 

"Mom?"

 

"Hae?" the older lady answered with uncertainty.

 

"Hae!"

 

She had exclaimed it this time as she realized that it really was him.

 

He chuckled.

 

"Jessica told me to call you. She said you were worried. I'm sorry for making you worry, Omma."

 

"Oh, I was so worried about you, sweetie! It's good that Jessica found you though! She's such a darling isn't she?!"

 

He listened to her as he smiled.

 

"But she's weaker than she seems, Omma. She fell sick from the rain after finding me yesterday."

 

"Oh, the poor girl," he heard his mom sigh softly before continuing, "Her fatigue had never been good to start with, but rain? I don't think that should've been the reason, she's always played in the rain ever since she was a kid."

 

His mom paused to think before continuing.

 

"She couldn't have had alcohol could she? Just a few years back, she became greatly allergic to large doses of it! You must take care of her okay, Hae? She's a very kind girl."

 

Donghae frowned, lost in thought.

 

"Yes omma, I will. I should get ready for work now, I'll see you soon."

 

"Ah, Hae! Why don't you come home for dinner today? Jessica should be coming over too!"

 

The elder lady smiled in anticipation.

 

"I'll come by if I get off early."

 

He wasn't sure how he felt about the idea.

 

"I'll take that as a yes then sweetie! See you tonight!"

 

His mom didn't give him a chance to protest or reply as she immediately hung up and grinned at her accomplishment.

 

Meanwhile, Donghae was left to contemplate over the dinner and Jessica. He just couldn't understand why she was so good to him. For her to accompany him throughout the majority of the day despite his cold lashes at her, he just couldn't wrap his head around it.

 

Why?

 

Without realizing it, Donghae was no longer mulling over Yoona but instead, his mind was occupied full with thoughts of Jessica.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi lovelies! :*

Hope I didn't keep you guys waiting for too long & that you guys will enjoy chapter 6 (:

I really hope I'm not confusing you guys with my story though! Do tell me if I do okay?

I'll try to make it more clear (: But I'm still gonna try to keep what needs to remain a mystery, a mystery!

I added a flashback from Haesica's past (all flashbacks will be in italics) so I hope you guys will like that and hopefully it'll give you a hint as to the possibilities of what might've happened (:

Ah, I feel so evil, but I think in a way you guys all have a clue about what might've happened right? The typical drama material :)

I'm also getting back to school tmr (cries a little inside) so my updates might not come as often but I promise you guys that I will try my best whenever I get the chance & things aren't too hectic (:

Perhaps once a week if I can? But I reallly can't make any promises since I don't want to disappoint you guys!

I'm gonna try to write a bunch of chapters whenever I can though just to stock up and ensure that I don't keep you guys waiting too long for each chapter (: 

Enjoy, my loves XO!