'o1. red string of fate

Simply Lovin' You

Red String of Fate

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Clad in a white tee, skinny jeans, and a pair of shades, the brunette walked through the airport with a smile on her face as she pulled her luggage along with her. Halting in her steps, she bent down to pick up a magazine from the stand. 

 

"Lee Donghae Manages Yet Again to Keep LJ at the Top of the Business World."

 

She smiled tenderly at the headline, 'I'm glad you're doing well."

 

"Sica-ah!"

 

She whirled around at the calling of her name and was immediately engulfed by her bestfriend, Kim Taeyeon, in a big bear hug. Stumbling back, she laughed as she returned the hug.

 

"I missed you Taeng-ah!"

 

"I missed you too!"

 

-

 

"I saw you looking at him on the magazine just now," Taeyeon said gently as she focused on the road. By now they were in her car and on their way home. 

 

She smiled. 

 

"As expected, you know me too well Taeng."

 

She paused and inhaled.

 

"I do... I do still love him."

 

Their friendship was a strong one. One where questions didn't need to be asked aloud in order to be heard.

 

"Just as long as you're happy, Sica."

 

"Thanks Taeng, you too okay?" she uttered softly but cheerfully, "How's you and Woo?"

 

A grin immediately spread across Taeyeon's face.

 

"We're still the same as always. He treats me well, Sica. We're happy together," but a scowl soon replaced her grin, "He can be a pain sometimes though."

 

Jessica laughed, "Definitely the same. It's good to be back Taeng!"

 

Taeyeon laughed along with her as she nudged Jessica using her elbow, "It's good to have you back."

 

-

 

Jessica's eyebrows immediately knotted together as she stepped into her house.

 

Maids, servants, butlers- everyone was scurrying about the house in a rushed manner as they muttered under their breaths and tried their best not to collide into one another. 

 

"What's happening in here?"

 

At the sound of her sweet voice, everyone's eyes widened into saucers as they dropped everything and rushed to embrace their young lady.

 

"Oh, darling!" Jessica heard her mother coo as she came to cup her face lovingly.

 

Following her mother was her father whom affectionately ruffled her hair upon reaching her.

 

"Appa!" Jessica huffed and fixed her hair, before embracing the parents whom she loved so much.

 

"Oh, darling! I know I didn't mention this to you on the phone, but LJ's 30th anniversary celebration is happening tonight and everyone is running about preparing for it. Would you come, dear? We would love it if you do! I know you have no desire to take over LJ nor are you fond of large gatherings but it's been such a long-"

 

"Omma," Jessica laughed at her mom's nervous rambling, "I'll go get ready for it."

 

Her mom immediately brightened up upon her reply and her dad squeezed his wife's shoulder with a smile.

 

-

 

Jessica stared at herself in the mirror and frowned as she crinkled her nose and poked at her dress.

 

"Ma, I feel like a balloon in this dress, can't I just choose something simple?"

 

Jessica's mom sighed.

 

"You know darling, as the daughter of one of the wealthiest man in Korea, you sure don't act like it," she spoke as she took Jessica's hand into her own.

 

"I know, Omma. It's just that," she paused to breathe before continuing in a softer tone, "You know I only wish to lead a simple life."

 

She gave her mom's hand a gentle squeeze.

 

"I know dear, and I won't pressure you. I just feel that it's such a shame seeing that you have everything perfect of leading LJ, darling; intelligence, poise, manners, the calmness to handle any problems that may come, and a kind heart. But perhaps it is your kind heart that also makes you unfit and unyearning of such a competitive position."

 

Jessica laughed, "Ma, aren't you praising me too much right now?"

 

Jessica's mom knocked on her head.

 

"Aigoo, this girl!"

 

-

 

Donghae's eyes trailed upon the announced girl. Jessica Jung, the only daughter of the Jung family, they had introduced her as, and since then, he couldn't seem to take his eyes off of her. 

 

Beautiful.

 

It was the only word he could find to describe her. 

 

He wondered, 'If she's the daughter of the Jung's, why have I never met her until now?'

 

It then occurred to him, he had heard of her but never took much notice of it as she was said to be quite low profile and far from the public's eyes.

 

Out of the corner of his eyes, he noticed her gaze upon him.

 

However, as soon as he had turned to look her way, she looked away.

 

-

 

"Ah! Don't make your staring so obvious, Jessica Jung!" she gave her head a knock as she scolded herself.

 

When she turned around from her spot to walk away, she abruptly bumped into someone's chest.

 

Upon realizing that it was Donghae's chest that she had fallen unto, her eyes immediately widened and she quickly averted her gaze, muttered a quick, "Sorry!" before rushing towards the balcony for a gasp of air to calm her heart down. 

 

'Strange,' Donghae thought as he recalled how she had instantly fled from him, as though he was a plague.

 

-

 

"Maybe this is why I'm still single," Jessica muttered under her breath.

 

"So you're single?"

 

She whipped her head to her right as she placed a hand over her heart when she noticed Donghae's presence beside her.

 

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows, "You scared me!"

 

She said it almost accusingly.

 

A smile slowly crept onto Donghae's face as it played upon his lips.

 

"You know, you amuse me. First, you flee from me like I'm some kind of a plague, and now, you stare at me as if I had just committed a crime."

 

"Only if it's a crime to scare someone into a heart attack and they happen to die from it," she pondered aloud.

 

Donghae chuckled.

 

Jessica glared at him, "You make me feel like a joke."

 

Her only reply was Donghae's hearty chuckle.

 

Jessica huffed and spun on her heels, "Nice to meet you, but this joke is leaving!"

 

Donghae immediately suppressed his laughter as he turned around to catch her arm.

 

Jessica turned back towards him. Her gaze fell upon his grasp on her arm.

 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make fun of you or anything of the likes of it," he apologized.

 

She could tell he was sincere.

 

He continued, "I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Lee Donghae, son of the Lee's, of whom your parents are good friends with and collaborate with in building LJ."

 

"Mmm, I know," Jessica said thoughtfully.

 

"You knew who I was?"

 

Jessica nodded her head with a soft smile.

 

Donghae could tell from her nonchalance that she did not wish to go into further details, so he decided not to probe.

 

"Since we're no longer strangers, would you like to come somewhere with me?" 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope you guys enjoyed chapter 1 so far!

It felt quite long to type but really not nearly long enough to read is it?

I was hoping that it'd be just as long as I felt it was, but I'll have to work on that haha (:

To be honest, I haven't written a story in a long time but I was inspired with this storyline & decided to dedicate it to one of my fave otp!

I have an idea of where I want it to head as it's still unclear so please bear with me!

I must be honest, I do tend to stay away from any tendencies to write as I can take quite long to update depending on how busy, lazy, or just stumped I am, but I'll do my best to update regularly!

Feedbacks are pleasantly welcomed as well as criticisms and suggestions on anything I should improve on (:

Hope you guys like the poster! I just did a little mesh mash here and there & came up with something for the story!

Side note: Have re-edited from since 2 years ago (: