'o5. where we used to be

Simply Lovin' You

Where WUsed To Be

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jessica pressed a finger to one of her ears as she listened to the older girl yap about.

 

The worst part about the whole ordeal was that she was going to be spending the night over for a sleepover, which only meant more beautiful yapping for her ears.

 

"Taeng-ah, aren't you thirsty or hungry?" Jessica asked nervously, hoping that her best friend would say yes.

 

Taeyeon shot her a disapproving stare before sighing.

 

"I'll spare you this time. To think you would try distract me by asking me if I'm hungry when you can't even cook!"

 

Jessica grinned.

 

"That's the whole point, silly! Since I can't cook, of course you'd have to cook for us and that would just mean mission accomplished! Aren't you proud of my intelligence?"

 

Taeyeon scoffed and laughed.

 

"You do realize that I can still lecture you while cooking right, Miss Jung Smarty Pants?"

 

Jessica threw her head back laughing, almost falling over when she realized that her friend was right.

 

Then, taking Taeyeon by the shoulder Jessica ushered her towards the kitchen as she comforted her endearing friend.

 

"Thanks for worrying about me, Taeng. I promise you that there'll be nothing to worry about though!"

 

The older girl could only shake her head. 

 

"Sica-ah, your phone is ringing!"

 

"Ah, it is!" Jessica exclaimed, catching onto the faint ringtone that was muffled inside her handbag.

 

"Auntie Lee?" she answered, after checking the caller ID.

 

"Ah, Sooyeon-ah! How have you been?" the lady on the line let out a sigh and paused, "I'm sorry to be bothering you, Sooyeon-ah, but do you happen to know where Hae might be by any chance? I'm a bit worried about him. I came by his condo to visit but he wasn't there and when I called him, he didn't pick up. I called the company and his secretary told me that you went to the bar to find him earlier. You know him Sooyeon, he's stubborn, and I'm just afraid he might not be taking their breakup too well and doing something rash."

 

Jessica heard her let out another sigh.

 

"Auntie, don't worry too much, I'll go find him right away! I did talk to him earlier, but he seemed like he wanted some space so I thought that it'd be better if I left him alone. I'm sure I'll be able to find him at one of the usual spots though, so don't worry too much and take care of your health. Okay, auntie?"

 

Donghae's mom sighed in relief this time.

 

"Thank you dear, I don't know what I'd do without you!" she hesitated before continuing her next sentence, "But Sooyeon-ah, do you ever plan on telling him?" 

 

"I-" the young girl paused, "I think it's better to leave it the way it is, auntie. It's been so many years and I don't want to complicate things for him by suddenly imposing a change in his life. Please don't tell him, auntie."

 

Jessica felt the older lady's reluctance.

 

"I'll do as you wish dear. I won't tell him, but it must be hard on you my dear. I'd love to have you come by for a visit though! It's been so long since I've last seen you, I need to know how my cute Sooyeon is doing!" her tone changed from a sullen one to a happier one at the thought.

 

Jessica laughed.

 

"I'll be sure to visit when I get the chance, auntie. Maybe I'll drop by tomorrow, I'll give you a call to let you know. I'll head off to find Hae now, I'll see you soon auntie! I'll tell Hae to give you a call as soon as I find him."

 

"Thank you dear, I look forward to seeing you! Bye dear."

 

"Bye auntie."

 

Jessica smiled.

 

Sliding the phone from her ears, she looked up to see her best friend shaking her head at her with crossed arms.

 

"You just made me cook so you'd better hurry back to eat my cooking, Jung Sooyeon!"

 

Taeyeon raised the spatula in her hand at Jessica to emphasize her threat.

 

"Eat first if you're hungry though, Taeng! I'll hurry back! You're the best as always!"

 

Stumbling across the house, Jessica hastily slung on her bag, grabbed her jacket, and slid into her boots.

 

Tossing a quick glance towards the window, she noticed that it was raining and brought along an umbrella with her as well.

 

She smiled at the nostalgic weather.

 

Looking back, Jessica quickly blew Taeyeon a kiss and said her 'see you later' before slamming the door shut behind her.

 

-

 

"Hmmm," the brunette pursed her lips and squinted her eyes at the road, pondering where to head to first.

 

Suddenly recalling the beautiful night view from Donghae's condo, she immediately made a u-turn with a fixed destination finally in mind.

 

It didn't take long before she reached their spot, and reaching for the umbrella from the passenger seat, she immediately made her way up the hill.

 

Just as she thought, he was sitting there on the rooftop, beer in hand, staring down at the city's night view.

 

The place had always been one of their favourites in their teen years. Whenever one or the other was stressed about school, family, or love, they would always accompany each other up here. Upon the rooftop they would sit back to back, alcohol (or a tub of ice cream) at hand, staring out at the city view, and pouring their hearts out to one another.

 

She smiled. It brought back so many fond memories. It wasn't their only special place, but they loved it for the breath-taking city view that could momentarily make one forget everything.

 

Walking towards his back view, Jessica held the umbrella out to cover him, leaving her drenched in the process.

 

He looked up when he realized that the rain was no longer drizzling upon him.

 

"How did you find me here?"

 

He took a sip of his beer.

 

"This is one of my favourite places as well, so I thought that the chances couldn't be impossible."

 

She carefully sat down, making sure that the umbrella wouldn't shift from covering him.

 

"It's nice up here isn't it?"

 

"Mmmm," he hummed as he took another sip of his beer.

 

Frowning, she took the beer from his hand and gulped the alcohol down in one shot.

 

"Don't drink too much. It's not good for your health," she chided him and placed the empty can down onto the cement.

 

He proceeded to open another can.

 

Just as his lips touched the alcohol, she took the can away from him and downed the content at once, once again.

 

He turned to her frustrated, about to give her a piece of his mind, when he noticed that she was completely soaked from the rain as she only held the umbrella over him and forgot about herself.

 

His eyes softened and he pulled her in close to him so that she would be covered from the rain as well.

 

"How are you holding up?" she muttered weakly.

 

She bit down hard on her lips and clenched her fists tight, until her knuckles turned white. She didn't want to give away any signs of her coldness.

 

Donghae's jaw hardened and he paused before answering.

 

"I'm going to make her regret it."

 

Jessica's eyebrows furrowed in concern.

 

There was nothing endearing about revenge and she feared that the one that would wound up hurt the most in the end, would only be him. Why did he not realize that?

 

"But why? She loves you."

 

Her voice was getting softer and softer, weaker and weaker.

 

He smirked.

 

"She never loved me from the start. When we broke up, she told me that she had found herself falling for someone else."

 

"Maybe she's just mistaken it for lo-"

 

"I'm leaving."

 

And with that he stood up and turned around to leave her. Once again.

 

She followed suit with his actions and tried to reach out for him, but her body felt weak and before she knew it, her legs slowly crumpled from beneath her.

 

"H-Hae," she whispered softly before everything around her faded to black.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey dearies! I hope I didn't keep you guys waiting for too long! 

I'm in the process of beginning the next chapter atm so hopefully that'll be up before we know it too (:

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! 

Thanks for the endless comments, votes, and subscribings love! Hope you all have a good day & that I won't disappoint you with my story (: