'15. then & now

Simply Lovin' You

Then & Now

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"I'm sorry Oppa, but I don't think I can get off early today. I thought I would be, but there ended up being some extra documents I have to take care of."

 

Jessica made her way to the younger girl whose eyebrows were tightly scrunched together in a predicament.

 

"Hara-ah, is that your boyfriend, Junhyung, who you've been telling me about on the phone?" the brunette asked with a smile.

 

A smile immediately lit up on the younger girl's face as she nodded.

 

"What's the matter?" Jessica inquired as she brought her hands to her face and leaned onto the counter.

 

"Ah, Junhyung came to pick me up for our anniversary today cause I told him I'd be off early, but it turns out that I still have some extra documents to work on so I'm telling him to head home first," Hara quickly summarized and ended with a sheepish smile.

 

The brunette promptly placed her hands on her hips and in the tone of a commanding boss, told Hara to hand the phone over to her.

 

"Hi, Junhyung. This is Jessica, Hara's boss and friend! Please wait for her at the entrance, she'll be down there shortly!"

 

"Ah, thanks Jessica!"

 

"It's nothing! Enjoy your anniversary and take care of Hara!"

 

"You should go down to meet Junhyung at the entrance now, Hara," Jessica told Hara as she handed the phone back to her, "Don't worry about the extra documents. I'll take care of them for you!"

 

"Quick! Quick!" she hurried the younger girl, practically shoving her into the elevator with a mischevious smile.

 

"W-wait! Jessica!" the shoved girl panicked, trying to stop the elevator door from closing.

 

Jessica laughed.

 

"Should I take you down to the entrance too, Hara-ah?"

 

Hara joined in her laughter and shook her head.

 

"Thanks, unnie!" she grinned brightly before letting go of the elevator door with a wave.

 

Turning around, the heiress hopped off to her office happily.

 

The scenario was all too familiar to her.

 

Unknown to her, Donghae was watching her from his office, enjoying her happiness with her.

 

"Pssst! Sooyeon-ah!"

 

The studying girl looked up from her book, startled.

 

Turning her head back and forth, she tried to locate the source of the voice.

 

The boy chuckled. His girlfriend could be so clueless sometimes.

 

"To your right, love!"

 

She gave him a disapproving look when she finally spotted him sitting behind the classroom's alternate door, hidden from plain view.

 

Scribbling big letters on a blank piece of paper, she held it up for him to read.

 

'What are you doing here, Hae?'

 

"It's our 1 month anniversary today! Let's go on a date, Yeon!" he whispered loudly.

 

She looked at him sternly and started scribbling a reply on the same piece of paper.

 

'We have class right now, pabo bada!'

 

He let out a daring smirk.

 

"Let's skip for the day!" he kept his tone slightly more hushed this time.

 

She crossed her arms and shook her head in a chiding manner.

 

Playfulness twinkled from within his eyes and she inwardly winced at the trouble to come.

 

She watched as he abruptly stood up from his hiding spot and entered the classroom with an exagerrated outburst, exclaiming that her brother was in the hospital.

 

If only she had a brother.

 

Her teacher was a kind lady who readily bought the lie and ended up ushering her out the door, much to Donghae's content.

 

When they stepped foot out of the classroom, Jessica instantly gave Donghae a hard punch on the shoulder to which he only grinned before pulling her into a run along the corridor.

 

Hand in hand, their quiet laughs trailed like footsteps behind them.

 

-

 

The sunset lit the office room as Jessica awoke, rubbing at her eyes.

 

Hmmm. This doesn't feel like bed.

 

It was only when her eyes finally adjusted to her surroundings, that the brunette realized she was still at work.

 

Relieved that she had at least completed all the documents before falling asleep, Jessica grinned and gave herself a pat on the back as she stretched.

 

She was taken by surprise when the jacket that had been wrapped around her fell.

 

Picking it up, Jessica was immediately overwhelmed by the familiar scent.

 

Donghae!

 

Rushing out of her office, the heiress searched the area for any signs of him.

 

When she found none, she approached his secretary who happened to be packing up.

 

"Seohyun-ah, is Director Lee still around?" she questioned.

 

"Sorry, Director Jung. Director Lee just left," the younger girl replied with a polite bow.

 

Jessica smiled at her kindly.

 

"Thanks, Seohyun. You were a great help!"

 

Jessica heaved a sigh as she returned to her office.

 

Pabo bada, why do you always disappear right before I can find you?

 

The brunette was knocked out of her thoughts by a light rapping at her door.

 

"Director Jung, I forgot to tell you. Director Lee left this umbrella back for you since it's raining quite hard and he said you probably didn't have an umbrella with you."

 

Jessica turned to the gentle girl, startled.

 

"Ah, thanks, Seohyun! Sorry for the trouble," she smiled gratefully.

 

"Not at all! He also wanted me to inform you that in two days, there will be a project that requires a trip to New Caledonia for three days requesting both of your presences," the younger girl notified the older girl dutifully.

 

"Okay, thanks for everything, Seohyun! You were getting ready to go home right? Do you need a ride?" she offered.

 

"It's alright, Director Jung. I already have a ride waiting for me downstairs," the latter quickly denied the offer.

 

"I won't hold you back then! Be safe, Seohyun!"

 

Seohyun responded with a smile and a bow as she turned to go.

 

Three steps into her exit, she halted and turned to face Jessica again.

 

"Director Jung? I know it's not really my place to pry into, but I really hope it'll work out for you and Director Lee. I can tell that you both genuinely care about each other," flashing a tender smile, Seohyun left on her way.

 

Once left alone, Jessica glanced down to the umbrella in her hand.

 

Does he remember?

 

The thought carved a soft smile into her features.

 

"Ah, it's raining!" the highschool girl mumbled to herself as her right hand stretched outwards to feel the droplets, "What to do? It's always Hae that brings the umbrella."

 

Normally, the duo would always head home together after school, but today was different.

 

They had engaged in a fight the day before, over something childish that they couldn't even remember anymore, and were now on non-speaking terms. That is to say, much less walking-home-together terms.

 

The blonde became lost in her own thoughts as her hand stayed out stretched and drenched.

 

Before she could even register what was happening, her hand was quickly retracted to her side and she found herself in a warm embrace.

 

She buried herself into his chest and smiled, breathing in his scent and listening to his heartbeat.

 

Her hands brought itself up to wrap around him.

 

"Your hand was getting soaked in the rain, you know?" her embracer spoke up as he wrapped his free arm around her petite frame as well.

 

"Mmmm," she hummed back in response, "I'm sorry, Hae."

 

"No, I'm sorry, Yeon."

 

With the apologies finally freeing their mind from weighing down, they looked at each other and smiled.

 

"You didn't bring an umbrella did you?" he smirked, amusement written on his features.

 

She pouted.

 

"You're the one in charge of bringing it!"

 

He raised an eyebrow.

 

"In charge? Just admit that you can't go being without me, love," he smiled at her smugly.

 

She punched him.

 

"You're so full of yourself, Lee Donghae!"

 

And smiled.

 

He didn't reply afterwards.

 

Simply pulled her close to him and took off sprinting in the rain, umbrella in tact, as he held her tight.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi lovelies! (:

I hope my update didn't keep you waiting for too long! 

This is more of a reminiscing chapter just to keep things a bit calm in the event that another storm happens to be brewing! (:

Even though it's not much and not quite as long (I'm sorry guys!) I hope you guys enjoy the update!

I guarantee next chapter will be more promising!

In the mean time, I have to study for my finals so the next update might come a bit later!

I apologize in advance, dearies!

I'll make sure it's an extra long one to make up for it! (:

Also, a speacial thanks to my upvoters: CookiePicklePants, syjung, wietri3, Fionlqy, SujuElfishLove! (:

You guys are just too sweet; a big thanks to all my readers, subscribers & upvoters!

Muchlove, XO :*