'20. her forever

Simply Lovin' You

Her Forever

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"I'm Donghae, don't you remember?"

 

His words came out as a plead rather than a question.

 

"I could never forget," the heiress whispered gently.

 

It was loud enough for him to hear.

 

Her words were all it took for him to sweep her off the floor and send her into a twirling embrace.

 

She giggled and leaned her head to his.

 

"I love you."

 

"I love you, too."

 

The customers in the cafe quietly watched upon them with a mixture of feelings, most of which were happiness.

 

"Yah! Jung Sooyeon! How could you scare me like that?!" Donghae growled angrily upon setting her on the ground.

 

"Ah, mian," she grinned sheepishly, "I wanted to give you an especially memorable surprise."

 

He knocked at her head and she responded with a scrunched up face.

 

They were on their way out of the cafe when Jessica abruptly turned around.

 

"Wait," she put up her hand up in a gesture for him to stop, "Do you still want to be with me?"

 

"To be honest," he paused reluctantly, "There's actually this girl I'm seeing at the moment."

 

Jessica's heart sank.

 

Forcing on a smile, she genuinely replied, "I'm happy for you."

 

"Yah!"

 

The brunette took a step back, perplexed.

 

"Why are you yelling at me?"

 

Donghae frowned unhappily and crossed his arms over his chest.

 

"I waited so long for you and at the mere mention that I'm with someone else, you're going to let me go just like that?!"

 

He was mad.

 

She was confused.

 

"But your happiness comes first and if she makes you happy then even if it hurts, I'm going to wish you happiness."

 

She hung her head.

 

His angry expression softened and he gently urged her chin up with his fingers.

 

"My happiness is only with you, so if I ever see anyone else, you have to fight for me okay?"

 

His voice was tender and he paused as if deep in thought.

 

"I was just joking though."

 

He gave her a toothy, boyish grin.

 

"Yah!"

 

It was her turn to be mad.

 

She gave a punch to his shoulder and her heels to leave.

 

"Jess!" he called out and hurriedly chased after her.

 

As soon as he caught up to her, he intertwined her fingers into his.

 

She smiled.

 

"Love you."

 

"Nadoo."

 

Her reply.

 

"I thought you were only going to come back after a year?" the businessman probed, "That's still two more months."

 

"I missed you too much."

 

She frowned playfully.

 

He kissed the back of her hand.

 

"Good. Because I missed you too."

 

They smiled and locked gaze.

 

"You're mine for Valentine's."

 

"Arasso."

 

-

 

"Hello?" she groggily answered into the phone.

 

"Love, don't tell me you're still sleeping. It's 7 PM."

 

The brunette shot up from her bed and glanced at the antique clock on her bedside.

 

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, Hae! I'll be right there!"

 

A sigh could be heard through the line.

 

"Were those months of sleep not enough for you, my sleeping beauty?"

 

She laughed nervously.

 

"I guess not."

 

"I'll be right there, Hae! Call you back when I'm ready!"

 

He chuckled.

 

"Arasso. Ppalli, Pabo-ah!"

 

-

 

"Hae?" Jessica called out.

 

"I'm sure I got the right address," she mumbled.

 

She quickly pulled out her phone to redial Donghae's number.

 

It was pitch dark on the venue, with only the stars to light up the dark night sky and she couldn't help but begin to grow anxious.

 

"I'm sorry, the person you are trying to reach is unavailable at the moment. Please try again later."

 

She frowned.

 

Why wasn't he picking up?

 

"Aish," the sleeping beauty sighed as she started to make her way back to her car.

 

She was halted in her tracks though, when bright lights from all around suddenly lit the venue and left a path trailing to a small pagoda.

 

Without her own awareness, her feet had started traveling on its own as she became awestruck by the beautiful lighting that surrounded her.

 

"Happy Valentine's, my love," Donghae suddenly appeared.

 

He stuck out his arm for her to which she gladly took as he guided her to the table of food that he had set up.

 

"It's all so beautiful. Thank you, Hae."

 

She smiled lovingly at him.

 

"I have the best boyfriend."

 

"You bet."

 

He winked and she laughed.

 

-

 

After their dinner, Donghae took Jessica to a different location.

 

He had blindfolded her upon their arrival despite her protests.

 

The businessman had insisted that her Valentine's gift was something that she would be able to guess right away if she wasn't blindfolded to the destination, and he certainly did not want that.

 

She had complied to make him happy and wondered if she should have blindfolded him for his gift as well.

 

"We're here!" he exclaimed proudly and untied her blindfold.

 

She covered .

 

"It's where we met for the first time again after years!"

 

He nodded his head with a smile.

 

"Thank you for taking me back here, Hae! It's the best gift ever!"

 

"Not yet, it isn't," he shook his head and kneeled down on one knee.

 

She looked to him speechless. Her heart thundered against her ribcage and she swore that it almost leapt out of her chest.

 

"Jessica Jung Sooyeon, will you marry me?" he asked her, earnestly gazing into her eyes.

 

His eyes held so much sincerity and depth.

 

Looking into them, she saw her forever.

 

With tears clouding her vision, Jessica whispered in the form of an exclaim, "I'd love to!"

 

That was his cue, and he lovingly slipped the ring onto her slender finger.

 

They fell into an embrace as he picked her up and swung her around by the waist.

 

In that moment, time stood still for them even in spite of the continuation of the world around them.

 

Gently, he leaned down to capture her lips. She responded in the same gentle manner.

 

Her lips molded perfectly into his, just as it always had, as she followed along to his lead.

 

It was a slow and gentle kiss, but it held just as much love and passion as any other.

 

"I love you," he breathed.

 

"I love you too," she smiled.

 

-

 

"Shinbi-ah," a sleepy Jessica murmured and pointed to her lips.

 

A little girl's giggle could be heard and when Jessica felt a pair of lips pressed onto hers, the giggles only got louder.

 

"Not you, Hubby! Shinbi!" the sleeping beauty pouted with her eyes still closed, then pushed her husband's head away.

 

It was now Donghae's turn to pout.

 

"But Daddy wants a kiss too! Right, Shinbi?"

 

The little sunshine giggled cutely into her hands.

 

"Eo! I'll kiss you, Daddy!"

 

She pressed her tiny lips to her father's cheek.

 

"Ani," the grown man protested childishly, "I want a kiss from Mommy!"

 

"But Shinbi-ah, why do you only kiss Daddy? Mommy is mad!"

 

It was now the grown woman's turn to protest.

 

Both parents turned out to be quite childish.

 

"Ah! Shinbi knows what to do!" the child beamed brightly.

 

Pulling her Daddy to her, she pushed his lips to her cheek as she pressed a kiss to her Mommy's cheek and made her Mommy kiss her Daddy on the cheek in return.

 

Not moving from their positions, the family of three broke into a fit of laughter.

 

"Uri Shinbi is so smart!" the two childish adults praised.

 

"Of course! I take after you guys!"

 

Then as if on cue, both parents pulled the blanket over their heads and pulled their treasure under to attack her with a tickle fest.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi, lovelies! <3
So this is it!
The final chapter to Simply Lovin' You :'(
I don't think I'm ready to part with this story and you guys just yet, but it has to be done, doesn't it?
It feels too short of a time despite how long it's been & I guess because this is one of my only works up to date, it's always a bit hard to let your first work go ):
Thank you though guys, truly!
I can't thank you enough for staying with me, reading and supporting my story, encouraging me on, subscribing, commenting, upvoting my story, being patient with me throughout the long period of time that I was on hiatus, and just really, everything!
You guys are amazing, you know that?
Such lovely readers and people!
I hope that maybe in the future when I have a new story, I'll see some of you guys commenting and reading again (:
That might not be for awhile though :$
Also, sorry for taking a bit longer in getting this chapter out!
I just really wanted to finish going over all the chapters and do a final editing to the whole story before posting the final chapter, as a closure and goodbye to this story, and to you guys :$
I'm really going to miss you guys!
Do take care and stay well, everyone! XO
So much love for you guys :*
 
Love, 
 
           AmidstSimplicity