'o4. with you in mind

Simply Lovin' You

With You IMind

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jessica and Taeyeon were happily strolling around the city, arm in arm, chatting and laughing, as they each held an ice cream cone in their hand.

 

It was the typical summer day with clear blue skies and bright green grass- their favourite kind of bonding day.

 

"Mmmm!" Jessica sounded to Taeyeon as she excitedly grabbed onto her arm and pulled her towards the object of her attention.

 

"Hmmmm?!" Taeyeon hummed back, perplexed, while trying to keep up with Jessica.

 

Smiling sheepishly, Jessica pointed to the magazine that was on display and showed it to her.

 

'Lee Donghae & Im Yoona Spotted on Their Date at the Mall.'

 

"Aren't they cute Taeng? Cute like you and Woo!" Jessica nudged her, beaming.

 

Taeyeon immediately frowned and knocked on Jessica's head.

 

"Ah! Stress!" Jessica screamed, clutching onto her head.

 

"Why do you always hit my head Taengoo?!" Jessica pouted and playfully shoved Taeyeon in retaliation.

 

"Because no matter how many times I do it, it never seems to knock any sense into you!" Taeyeon shoved her back, laughing.

 

"That's because I already have more sense than humanly possible! If I were to gain any more, I'd explode and die!" 

 

Jessica poked at her best friend as she tried to sound serious, biting back her smile.

 

"I'd like to see you explode from that overload of sense then, Jung Sooyeon!"

 

Taeyeon poked back at Jessica while looking away to hide her obvious grin.

 

"Just watch me then, Kim Taeyeon!"

 

Jessica jabbed back at her with her arms flailing about.

 

Unfortunately, as the two were both busy being, well, nonsensical, they had accidentally bumped into someone, causing him to drop the objects in his hand.

 

"I'm so sorry!" Jessica apologized as she bent down to gather his stuff together for him.

 

Her actions came to a halt though, when the headline and pictures of the article caught her attention.

 

'Lee Donghae & Im Yoona has Officially Broken Up!'

 

Jessica's eyes saddened as her gaze stumbled upon a picture of a dejected Donghae, attempting to reach out for his girlfriend of whom has turned away to leave.

 

Handing back the belongings to its owner, Jessica and Taeyeon both smiled apologetically despite the man's assurance that it was really okay.

 

After the man left, Taeyeon turned to her best friend before patting her arm and gently urging her to go.

 

Taeyeon knew, even if Jessica didn't say it, that what she wanted to do more than anything at that moment, was to go to Donghae and comfort him.

 

"I'm sorry, Taeng-ah. I'll make it up to you, hmmm? I'll drop by your house after?"

 

As a reply, Taeyeon nodded, pulling the speaking girl into a hug and patted her back, to assure her that she really didn't mind.

 

"But!" Taeyeon warned as she let go of her, "You should be prepared to receive a lecture from me when you come back! I mean, what girl in her right mind would smile when she sees her crush and his girlfriend on a date, then frown at their breakup?!"

 

"Your best friend?" Jessica grinned sheepishly before giving Taeyeon a quick hug and hurrying off to escape from her friend's rant.

 

Once Taeyeon started, there was no escaping.

 

"SEE YOU LATER MY LOVELY TAENG!" Jessica shouted as she turned around to wave at her.

 

Taeyeon huffed as she cupped her hands around and hollered, "I BETTER SEE YOU LATER SICA! I'M NOT DONE WITH MY LECTURE, LITTLE MISSY!"

 

-

 

Upon entrance, her eyes immediately scanned the bar in search for the sight of him. She had dropped by LJ earlier and was told by his secretary that he had taken the day off to unwind at the bar.

 

As soon as her eyes caught sight of him, she swiftly made her way over and silently slipped into the stool next to him. It was only when she spoke up to order that he snapped out of his trance and noticed her presence.

 

"What are you doing here?" he turned to her with an eyebrow raised.

 

His tone was blunt, and there was no hint of playfulness from when they had previously conversed.

 

She raised her glass up in a notion to tell him that she was here for a drink and asked, "How are you?"

 

"I'm great. Better than ever," he chuckled darkly with no humor truly present, "Why do you ask?"

 

"You don't sound like it," she pointed out softly.

 

He shrugged nonchalantly.

 

"I-" she hesitated, "I saw the news. Are you okay?"

 

"Didn't I say? I'm better than okay, I'm great."

 

"Liar."

 

Jessica sighed.

 

"If you claim that I'm lying then why do you still ask?"

 

She bit her lips.

 

"I guess it would just assure me more if I heard it coming from you."

 

He turned to her,twirling his glass in his hand.

 

"I don't love her though, and if I don't love her, it won't and shouldn't affect me right?"

 

She searched his eyes.

 

"But you do, and it does. Isn't that also right?"

 

There was a slight pause amongst the air between them before he leaned in close to her, and smirked.

 

"But what if the person I truly like is you?" he whispered huskily in her ear, closing in on the remaining distance between them, and then turning to brush his lips lightly against hers.

 

"You should know, that your charms will work on everyone except me," she said softly as she gently pushed him away, ignoring her heart that was pounding hard against her rib cage.

 

"And why is that?"

 

By now, there was a much more breathable space between the two, but their proximity was still close and Donghae refused to budge more than that.

 

'Because I know you better than anyone.'

 

'Because I'm already in love with you.'

 

All were words that her mind had screamed at her to tell him.

 

But instead, she opted for, "Because I don't find liars charming."

 

He stared hard at her, slightly hovering over her. The girl before him just never ceased to endlessly confuse him.

 

She tried not to falter under his strong gaze that seemed to be peering into the depths of her heart and searching for all the answers that she had kept away from him, willing herself from her every desire to turn away.

 

"Why does it matter so much to you?"

 

He wanted to know.

 

Breaking their gaze, she turned away before answering him.

 

"I don't care if you lie to me. I just wish that you would be honest to yourself."

 

"And why do you insist that I do love her?"

 

She turned back and looked into his eyes.

 

"Because your current state only confirms it. You're in denial, and you know it. You're grieving, at the loss of her, yet you claim that you're not. You, yourself, know it better than anyone. But you let your pride get in the way of admitting it. 'How can Lee Donghae, the infamous casonova of the business world, fall in love?' But it's exactly your pride in that title that made her leave, don't you realize? No girl wants to have a relationship with 'no strings attached' where you can just go around seeing other girls while holding onto her heart, claiming that she can do the same. But, what are you going to do when a guy actually comes along and wants to give her the security and love that she craves?"

 

It surprised Donghae that Jessica had just pinpointed everything that Yoona had wanted them to break up over. Although, as expected, his denial and stubbornness remained as he refused to comprehend the matter that was truly his pride at fault.

 

"Was that all you came to say to me?" Donghae questioned her coldly while turning to back away from their once close proximity and take a sip of his alcohol.

 

Jessica pursed her lips together.

 

"I don't mean to upset you. I just don't want you to regret it," she heaved a sigh.

 

The man was truly stubborn.

 

"I believe though, that if you do decide to chase after her and prove your love to her, she would definitely accept you again."

 

She paused thoughtfully then smiled sadly.

 

"I'll leave now. Take care, hmm?"

 

Her gaze lingered on him, before she turned around to leave.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! I'm really sorry that it took me so long to update!

I had a lot of finals and events in the last week, combined with some laziness and fatigue, so after pushing myself to hurry up and update, I finally did it!

This is to thank you guys for subscribing, upvoting, commenting, and just reading my story! I appreciate it! You guys are the best (:

I tried to make the chapter long after being away for awhile, but I'm not sure how good of a job I did at it haha!

I'll try to write the next chapter as soon as I can and update it right away!

Much love xo (: