Chapter 6: Hate is a strong word

Unseen

“No,” Seunghyun shifted on the couch, “you’re not going.”

“Kay,” Minzy plopped down beside him and opened up a book.

“Wait, you’re not upset?”

Minzy flipped the book open to the bookmarked page, “no, I don’t really want to go.”

“Okay… you really are a strange teenager.” She shrugged and dove into her book while Seunghyun stared at her awkwardness. Seunghyun’s program ended and just as a new show was about to start there was a loud knock at the door quickly followed by a blonde popping into the house.

“Hey,” Jiyong waved from the archway, “how’s it?”

Seunghyun leaned over the armrest, “hey, come take a seat.”

Pursing her lips Minzy slammed her book shut and shot up from the couch, “I’ll be in my room if you need me.”

She paused at the archway and glared at Jiyong, “don’t need me.”

Her footsteps disappeared to the back of the house, “wow, she really hates you.”

“Shut it,” Jiyong sneered at him watching the girl go into her room. “Why does she hate me so much? All I did was ignore her. Once.”

“Yeah, that would be it. She’s sensitive and a girl, plus she doesn’t have many relationships with people other than, well, me.”

Jiyong clicked his tongue, “whatever, man.”

He turned away from Seunghyun and headed down the hallway, “behave yourself,” Seunghyun yelled after him.

The blonde tapped on Minzy’s bedroom door.

“Go away, Jiyong,” she shouted through the wood.

“Come on, I’m sorry. Please talk to me.”

“Sorry. Means. Nothing.”

Jiyong twisted the doorknob and stepped into the room shutting it tightly behind him. Dropping her book onto the bed Minzy crossed her legs and glowered at the intruder.

“What.”

Jiyong kneeled down beside the bed, “I’m sorry. Really. What can I do to make it up to you.”

“Nothing, why do you think I’d want you to.”

“Because,” he reached out for her hand, “you’re obviously angry.”

She yanked her hand away, “yes, yes I am.”

The blonde sighed and sat back against the carpet as Minzy paced around the room haphazardly cleaning. Pushing her book back into its spot she felt a pair of hands wrap around her waist.

“What are you doing?”

Jiyong turned the girl around towards him and locked his hands together behind her back, “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t you use your charms against me,” she shook her head.

Walking forward he pushed her against the wall and brushed his lips against her ear, “what charms?”

Minzy let out a small squeak and tried to pull away from him, “don’t do this.”

“Do what?” Jiyong whispered into her ear, his breath tickling her cheek.

Oh god, oh god, oh god. How did I get myself into this situation? Minzy nibbled on her lip as the blonde slid his hands down her back.

“Don’t,” Minzy clutched at his shirt, her last ounce of restraint slipping away. The blonde stared down at her and pressed their foreheads together, “I wont, but only if you forgive me.”

“Mmf,” Minzy tightened her lips into a thin line, “alright, fine. I forgive you for ignoring me. But do it again, ignore me in front of anyone and I’ll have your balls.”

“Like figuratively?”

Minzy narrowed her eyes until they were slits, “no, I mean literally.”

A voice yelled from outside the door, “she means it.”

“Shut up Seunghyun.”

“No seriously, she means it. And if she doesn’t… I will,” he tapped lightly on the door, “now get out of there, else I’ll drag you out.”  

Jiyong frowned and stepped back trailing his hand down Minzy’s arm. He hooked his fingers under her hand and brought it up to his mouth giving it a chaste kiss.

“Now!” Seunghyun knocked on the door again, the blonde rolled his eyes and opened the door. The tall dark haired man stuck his head into the room and shot an angry look at Jiyong.

“Good, you haven’t deflowered my baby sister. Now get the out.”

Minzy snickered as Seunghyun dragged the blonde out of her room by the ear like a child. Oh god. What just happened? She lifted her hand up and stared at it, why’d he do that. He’s horrible… making me second-guess myself. Jerk.

 

 

~

“We missed you last night,” Sulli picked at the paint on her nails, “what happened?”

Minzy twiddled with her fork and pushed her food around on her plate, “Seunghyun wouldn’t let me go, plus I didn’t really want to go.”

“But why?” Taemin stretched his arms across the table towards her.

“One word. People.”

“Oh, my god. You have got to get over this, you just need to throw yourself into the mix. You are coming to the next party so help me, I will drag you there if I have to,” Taemin scolded the shorthaired girl.

She dropped her fork onto the plate and pushed it away, “whatever but Seunghyun wont ever let me go.”

“So say you’re stay over at my house.”

“Kay,” Minzy didn’t bother putting up a fight, Taemin could convince a worm to buy dirt or wrangle a tiger without breaking a sweat. She didn’t stand a chance.

“But, are we done with those practices? I really can’t stand to embarrass myself in front of you guys and now Taecyeon.”

Beside her Sulli cracked a grin, “oh, oh, what’s this now? Could you have a thing for him?”

“What? No!” Taemin pounded his fist on the table, “she is spoken for!”

“Okay!” Sulli’s eyes widened “don’t have an aneurism.”

 A pretty girl with long auburn hair walked up to the table and sat down on the booth next to Sulli.

“Hey Sul,” she pulled her bag into her lap, “Minnie, I left my crap at your house last night. Can I come get it after school?”

Taemin rolled his shoulders, “yeah sure.”

“Wait, what?” Minho dropped his sandwich, “why was she at your house last night?”

He cocked his head back at the dark haired man, “cause she spent the night.”

“But why?”

“So she could go to the party…”

Minho’s face relaxed slightly, “oh.”

“Yes, yes,” Taemin patted the others shoulder, “Chaelin’s parents are very strict.”

“But they’d let her stay at your house?”

“Didn’t you know?” Taemin said with a straight face, “we’ve been betrothed, her parents entrusted her to me. In fact she’s moving in this week.”

Minho choked and stared at them bewildered, “seriously?”

“No you tart,” Taemin blinked, “god you’re gullible.”

“Anyway,” Chaelin interrupted, “can I come get my stuff?”

“Yup if you drive me and Minz to my house.”

She turned to her side and glanced around Sulli’s back as if noticing Minzy for the first time. Chaelin shrugged and nodded, “sure. She’s Minz?”

“Hi, I’m Minzy,” she mimed quietly.

“Okey, you know my car so I’ll see you later.”

Chaelin flashed a smile and sauntered away from the table. Creasing her lips Minzy glanced at the redhead, “sooo why am I going home with you today?”

“For reasons unbeknownst to you,” Taemin waved his hands sarcastically forcing Minzy to groan at the boy. “Just kidding. Chill.”

“Okay…”

 

~

 

“Seriously, I’m not planning anything,” Taemin whined dragging the shorthaired girl towards the student parking lot. In the middle of the lot Chaelin was perched on the hood of a silver four-door car. She hopped off the hood of the car as they approached, Taemin still dragging Minzy along. Puling her long hair over her shoulder Chaelin unlocked the door and slid into the drivers seat.

Taemin nudged Minzy into the back seat and climbed in after her, “onward chariot!” Taemin pointed forward.

“You’re so adorable,” Chaelin gushed before her expression dropped and she glared into the rearview mirror, “I’ll slap you. I’m not your personal coach.”

She grumbled and started up the car speeding out of the parking lot. Minzy elbowed Taemin in the ribs, “hey…hey.”

“What?”

“He apologized,” she blushed, “and he kissed my hand.”

“Oh my god, who? Jiyong?”

Chaelin flicked her eyes to the backseat, “you know Jiyong? That’s kind of unexpected.”

“Shut up Lin,” Taemin gave her a dirty look.

“What! I’m just saying. I mean he doesn’t associate with girls often. I figured if he did she’d have to be older and like, a model.”

  Taemin rubbed Minzy’s arm, “forgive her. She’s horribly, brutally honest.”

“It’s alright, besides she didn’t get all fangirl y like everyone else would.”

Chaelin stuck out her tongue, “I wouldn’t want that blondie anyway. Not my type, but I will admit he’s got good looks.”

 

Chaelin shoved a handful of clothes into her duffle bag along with a small make up kit. She heaved the bag over her shoulder and flinched as a loud moan came from the other room. Glancing from Taemin to Minzy she raised her brow and made a disgusted face.

“Uh, can I drop you off somewhere else?”

“Yes please!” Taemin’s face turned beet red, “take us to Minzy’s.”

The three bolted out of the house, Taemin paused at the front door and belted into the house, “Key! You’re such an ! Stop losing track of time.”