Chapter 15

Unseen

So only a few days since my last update (and maybe a year added to that) ahhahahha.... Sorry. Anyway the story is probably headed towards a close. I'm tired of writing and the plot is headed in that direction. Plus as you can tell from my sporatic updates (on all my stories, not just this one) I'm getting burnt out. Hopefully it wont take another year for the next update.

 

Minzy sat on the curb by Jiyong and Bom, alternating between dry heaving and paralyzing fear. And all she could do was wait. Everyone else would go on with their lives with some peace of mind that he was locked away, but it was because of her that he was locked up. She started all this by going to the police. Right?

            No, she shook her head, I did what was right. If it wasn’t for her, he would have continued hurting innocent girls. Minzy squeezed Bom’s hand and stood up shakily, leaning against Jiyong.

            “I’m alright. It’ll be fine,” she mumbled, over and over again, “it’ll be fine.”

~~

             Staring absently out of the car window Minzy listened to the conversation between Chaelin and Bom. To almost everyone it was inconceivable that she could stand to be around Bom, but there was something oddly comforting being around someone who understood what she had been through… even slightly. And Bom was a sweet, albeit naïve, girl.

            The girls walked slowly up the path from the parking lot to the school building, still chatting about useless things. Minzy and Chaelin shared a quick hug before the three split for the morning when Bom suddenly screamed. They turned to see the girls long hair covered in egg yolk and bits of broken shell.

            Bom was absolutely fuming when she turned slowly to the group of snickering girls. One of the girls sneered at Bom, “serves you right. Did you really think the Jury would ignore your relationship with him. You got what you deserved.”

            “Do not think,” Bom seethed, “that just because I’m heavily pregnant, I will not back hand you into the ninth level of hell.”

            The girl stepped back, obviously taken aback, “wh-whatever, you and your bastard child-“

            “You better stop right there,” Minzy stepped in front of Bom, “she may have bad taste in men but she is a wonderful person and her child has done nothing wrong. So I will ask you to kindly STEP THE OFF, or so help me I will send this hormonal pregnant woman after you.”

            The girls quickly skittered away casting angry glances back behind them. Chaelin began picking the bits of egg from Bom’s hair, “come on sweetie, let’s take you back home.”

            “You coming, Minzy?”

            “Yes,” she tried to shake the anger away, “you’ll need my key anyway.”

~~

            “Seunghyun,” Minzy’s keys clattered in the bowl next to the door, “we’re home.”

            The older man stepped out of one of the back rooms, “what happened?”

            “Some girls at school threw an egg at Bom,” Minzy huffed and fell onto the couch.

            “Watch your language,” Seunghyun muttered, “why don’t you go ahead and take a shower.” He nodded to Chaelin, “she’ll get your clothes and we’ll get them washed.”

            “But you’re all going back to school,” he eyed all three of them before they nodded in agreement. Chaelin helped Bom into the bathroom while Minzy fetched an outfit from her room. When she returned Chaelin was sitting on the toilet lid chatting with Bom while she showered.

            “Why are girls so cruel?” Bom complained as she rinsed her hair, “why do they feel the need to hurt others if their life is unhappy?”

            “I mean, if anyone had the right to hate me it would be Minzy,” she motioned to where the girl sat on the bath rug, her hand blurred by the glass of the shower. Bom reached out of the shower and grasped for the towel a few times before finally reaching it.

            Minzy passed the clothes to her, an outfit she had previously left and had been washed. Both her and Chaelin had been steadily accruing their own “drawer” from the amount of time they spent at her house, which was a good thing otherwise Bom would be wearing one of Seunghyun’s shirts.

            “Ready?” Bom smiled as she flattened out her skirt, there wasn’t a whole lot that could get her down, for long at least. “Oh,” she winced, “n-never mind. We’ll be making a small detour.”

            She knelt down slowly, clutching her belly while a small pool of water formed under her.

 

~~

 

            “Oh no, no, no, no,” Bom grimaced, clenching her knees together as Seunghyun carried her to the car, “baby is too early.”

            “Only a bit. The added stress of today must have pushed things forward,” Minzy sat in the back seat guiding Bom towards her lap so the girl could lay down on the ride to the hospital.

            “Ohhhh,” Bom gripped Minzy’s calf. Chaelin and Seunghyun were bickering in the front seat over how best to get to the hospital. Biting back a yelp Minzy brushed the thick bangs from Bom’s forehead. The hair was damp from sweat, she couldn’t begin to imagine the pain Bom was going through, and she was glad she didn’t have to.

            Seunghyun pulled Bom from the car and followed the other girls into the hospital lobby. He grinned stupidly as Chaelin begain panicking to the front desk attendant. A short while later a nurse walked up with a wheelchair for Bom and rolled her back to a delivery room.

            “You can all stay here until the actual delivery begins taking place,” she glanced at them all, “but after that only the father will be allowed to stay.”

            “Wh-what?” Seunghyun sputtered as the nurse glared at him. Chaelin quickly attached herself to his arm, “there will be no father joining us. If possible myself or Minzy would like to be present.”

            “I’m sorry, only family is allowed…”

            “We. Would. Like. To. Be. Present.” Chaelin seethed, clutching Seunghyun’s arm tighter.

            The nurse was caught off guard, “I-I... understand. I can allow one of you to be in the room. But not both!”

 

~~

 

            After a few hours, and thankfully an epidural, Bom began crowning and everyone except Minzy was ushered from the room. Minzy wanted Chaelin to stay but Bom insisted. So while Minzy got to experience the miracle of childbirth with Bom, Chaelin was getting cuddly with her brother. Not that she minded.

            She cringed as Bom squeezed her hand, the thin girl could pack a punch both verbally and physically. “Alright darling,” the Doctor bent down at the foot of the bed, “it’s time to start really pushing. Ready?” Bom hiccupped and struggled against the bed, one hand tightly around Minzy’s and the other pulling at the armrest.   

            Six hours into labor and a relatively easy birth, Bom was the mother to a beautiful, healthy baby girl. Chaelin and Seunghyun had rejoined them, along with Kibum and Jiyong. Minzy was still sitting in her chair slightly nauseated by the earlier incident. Jiyong wrapped his arms around Minzy and pulled her towards the crowd of friends cooing at the baby.   

            “So what are you going to name her?”

            “I’m not sure,” she beamed at the little swaddling bundle, “but I was kind of hoping I could entrust her to this family, just in case anything happens to me.”

            She smiled at Seunghyun and Chaelin, “especially you two, you’ve taken such good care of me these past few months. I really feel like you’ve become my family. I hope that’s not to forward.”

            “Of course not, you and the little one are always welcome with us,” Seunghyun wiggled his finger the infant was clutching.

            “Sooo... what are you going to name her?” Kibum silently messed with Minzy’s hair.

            “Hmm, nothing special,” Bom laughed, “nothing like Hope, or Miracle. Cause she’s not. I know exactly how and why she was created. But she is still my precious little gift.”

            “I was thinking Mira.”

            “A beautiful name for a beautiful girl,” Minzy smiled warmly at the newest member of their ragtag family.