Chapter 10: Intentions

Unseen

Everytime I read or write something with "Minho" my internal voice pronounces it like "minnow" and now i'll never get that out of my head.... literally and figuratively (I guess).

 

And now thats what you'll think... teeheehee

 

Shortish chapter.  

Minzy paced around the hallway outside of the living room conducting an internal debate with herself.

I mean, it’s gotta happen sooner or later, right?

But, what if he get upset… that means less time together.

She paused and began to nibble on her thumb nail, oh no, what if he kills him.

Minzy bit down hard on her thumb unconsciously and let out a yelp. N-no he wouldn’t go that far. I mean… right?

She stopped and banged her head on the wall anxiously; somehow Seunghyun didn’t notice their flirting the other day at the concert. Probably because he was distracted by Chaelin.

Finally giving in she slunk into the living room where her ever-predictive brother was snuggled into the couch. Minzy pushed his feet up from the end of the couch and sat down pulling her legs underneath her.

“Seunghyun?”

The man rubbed his eyes and muted the television, “yes baby sister?”

She fiddled with her fingers, it was best to say it outright. She squeezed her eyes shut and gripped a fabric bunch of her skirt, “I-I’m dating Jiyong!”

Seunghyun blinked and shrugged, “alright.”

“Wh-what?” Minzy snapped her eyes open, her brother had already un-muted the television.

“What? Do you want me to say no? No, I wont allow you to date my best friend?”

“No! Of course not!”

With a dubious look on his face Seunghyun turned his attention back to his show, “it’s fine. I know he’ll treat you right cause he knows what will happen if he doesn’t.”

“Like what?”

“Well the obvious things, plus I’ll pin him down and give him a horrible tattoo that’ll chase girls away,” he grinned mischievously.

  “I’ll have him keep that in mind,” Minzy scooted off the couch.

 

~~

 

As usual, the halls of the school were empty as ever. One, maybe two, students were still lingering while Minzy stood next to her locker. She didn’t want to go to class, not one bit, but her grades were getting even worse. Rifling through her messy locker she pulled out her history textbook and ran to class.

She was panting by the time she made it to her classroom, quietly opening the door she tried to slip in unnoticed. Normally this wouldn’t be a problem except she was particularly clumsy today. Minzy managed to bump into an old projector and sent it flying to the floor.

“Sorry,” she whimpered as she picked up the pieces of the broken machine.

 The history teacher pursed his lips, “it’s an obsolete piece of technology. Take your seat.”

Minzy scuttled over to her seat and opened her textbook; she spent the rest of class hurriedly taking notes while trying to ignore the teacher. The bell finally rung and she packed up her things; however, before she left the teacher pulled her aside.

“It’s good to finally see you taking some initiative with your studies,” he smiled proudly.

Minzy responded with a pained smile before leaving the room. Lingering outside the doorway Jiyong was playing with his phone. Minzy was too busy fleeing the room to notice him so it was a shock when he reached out and grabbed her arm.

“Eek,” she whipped her head around striking a defensive pose.

“Oh, Jiyong.”

“Why are you so jumpy?”

Smiling she held onto his hand, “soooo, I talked to my brother.”

“Ah, and?” Jiyong squeezed her hand, “technically, shouldn’t I have done that?”

“Not getting married. He didn’t seem to really care,” she hid a grin, “though he did mention something about a beating and horrifying tattoo if you hurt me.”

Jiyong nodded, “sounds about right. At the time I didn’t know what he meant when he said it… seeing as I didn’t know you yet.”

“Your brother is a very devious person,” Jiyong pondered, “anyhow. Want to go on a date this Saturday?”

“Yey,” Minzy squealed, “of course.”

“Do you have any idea what you want to do? Movie, dinner, bowling?”

Minzy pinched her face thoughtfully, “I think I’d like dinner and maybe a movie?”

Beaming he gave her a peck on the forehead, “sounds great.”

“Whatchu planning?” Taemin popped into the conversation slinging his arms around their shoulders.

“Going on a date,” Minzy shoved the redhead away, “you can’t come.”

Taemin pouted, “Aww, not even if I get a date of my own?”

Minzy shot him a quizzical look, “right. Like who? You don’t have enough guts to ask out Minho.”

Browsing the crowd of students he spotted the tall brunette, “Minho!”

“Huh?” He stumbled through the mass towards them, “whats up?”

“Wanna go on a double date with me and them?”

Minho blinked and stared at him slack-jawed only managing to mutter out a few unintelligible words. Laughing Taemin gave him a quick hug, “I’m only kidding.”

He spun back around to Minzy, “I’ve actually got a potential date.”

“Who?” The three responded.

“A hearty, loving person,” Taemin winked.

Sighing Minzy knew exactly who he was talking about, “Yongguk? Seriously?”

“Yeah, wha-“ Taemin started to respond.

“Yongguk?” Minho ran his hand through his hair, “…Yongguk? A man?”

Jiyong’s eyes bulged and Minzy snickered to herself before dragging him away, “lets go.”

Sulking Taemin cursed her for leaving him alone with his unrequited crush. He clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth and twisted around to Minho; the dark haired man was resting against the wall mentally exhausted with his head in his hands.

“A…man…”

Taemin narrowed his eyes into slits, “tch, what’s your problem.”

Minho removed his hand and twirled it excessively, “a man. Seriously, Taemin? If you wanted a man couldn’t you have just gone after, I don’t know, me or someone you actually know?”

“Why are you so ing bigoted!” Taemin clenched his fists at his side, “bastard, I can do who and what I want!”

Blowing a lock of hair from his face Taemin stalked away. Minho stood paralyzed, “Minnie, wh-what? What do you mean do?”

Taemin rushed passed Minzy with obvious tears in his eyes; noticing her concern Jiyong pushed her after the boy, “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

She ran after the boy finally catching him on the sidewalk outside of the school. “Taemin?” She wrapped her arms around him, “what’s wrong?”

“I… unno,” Taemin clutched the back of her shirt sobbing into her shoulder, “I just- he- unn.”

Minzy tried to soothe the boy but failed; she led him to a small bench and continued to let him cry on her. Distressed she yanked out her phone and punched in a number.

“Kibum? Yeah, Minzy. No, everything is not alright. I’m sure you’re busy but… I need you, more importantly Taemin needs you. Five minutes? Okay.”

She waited, her shirt steadily getting soaked from Taemin’s tears, until Kibum sped up to the school. The petite blonde practically hopped out of the car before it was turned off and sprinted to them.

“What happened?”

Minzy shrugged, “he hasn’t taken a breath to explain.”

Kibum’s eyelids dropped and he pursed his lips, “I’m sure it has something to do with Minho.”

The blonde looped his arm under Taemin’s and helped him to the car, “come on Minzy, I’m gonna need your help to cool him down.”

When they arrived at the house Taemin wobbled to his room followed by Minzy. He collapsed onto his bed and shrieked into the thick comforter.

“Taemin,” Minzy sat at the head of the bed and patted her lap, “I’ve not had many friends, but I know a lap is a great place to cry on.”

The redhead wiped away a few strands of hair that were stuck to his wet face; he bit back another wave of tears, “you’re really great.”

“Can you tell me what happened?” Minzy his hair.

Taemin rubbed his eyes angrily, “he’s an . He treated me like… like… an idiot. Like something is wrong with me.”

“There’s nothing wrong with you, Taemin. He’s just a foolish idiot.”

Taemin nestled his head against her thigh, “why is love so difficult. Why cant he just understand that this is how it is for me?”

“I-I don’t think it’s that he doesn’t understand, it’s not that. I think he just isn’t well equipped to handle this situation.”

“What, what I like men?”

She shook her head, “no, not that.”

“I don’t understand what else it could be. Disgust? Hatred? Sympathy? Fea-“

“Jealousy,” Minzy interrupted him; these two were so incredibly dense.

Taemin shot up from her lap, “the is he jealous for?”

“No cursing!” Kibum shouted from another room.

Minzy blinked at the redhead, “you’re both idiots. I don’t think there’s anyone dumber than you two.”

“Tell me!”

Minzy shook her head furiously, “I refuse. However, I’ll give you a hint.”

“Uh-huh.”

“Minho and Sulli were not and never will be dating. They’re cousins.”