Chapter 9: Concert

Unseen

 

Taemin tapped his foot angrily by the front entrance of the school, his bestie was giggling and flirting like the schoolgirl she was. He clicked his tongue at a particularly shrill laugh and yanked Minzy away from Jiyong.

“Seunghyun is here. Lets go.”

The dark haired girl pouted and let go of the blonde boy’s hand following Taemin to her brother’s car.

“Have you told Seunghyun yet?” Taemin flicked his eyes towards the car.

“No…”

Taemin snickered evily and pulled his hair into a ponytail.

“Don’t be a jerk,” Minzy eyed him carefully.

“Fine. So where are we going today anyway?” Taemin dropped his bag onto the floorboard of the back. Seunghyun wrapped his arm around the passenger headrest and blinked at Taemin.

  “What?” Taemin narrowed his brow at the man.

“Your brother does hair for a living yet yours is longer than most girls.”

Taemin his hair, “so?”

“Leave him alone,” Minzy smacked her brother on the back of the head, “we’re going to the shop aren’t we?”

“Yup,” Seunghyun started the car, “Yongguk told a few others about your skills. So I’ve got new clients wanting tattoos designed by you.”

“What about me?” Taemin whined.

“Kibum is busy so you get to help around the shop, you know, cleaning or something.”

Taemin frowned and fell back into the seat as Seunghyun drove towards downtown. The car pulled into the parking lot of the tattoo shop, Taemin regretfully slunk behind the siblings up the stairs to Seunghyun’s area.

The tattoo shop Seunghyun worked at, Needle Damage, was quite popular. Partly because of the talented workers, partly because of the workers being good looking. The waiting room on the first floor had quite a few walk-in customers today; a few ty girls probably waiting for Jaehyo or one of the other guys, a large motorcycle type man, and oddly a straight-laced looking man.

Minzy and Seunghyun were already getting to work leaving Taemin to find something to do on his own. A very good looking brunette was coming through the hallway, Taemin bowed slightly as the man passed him and entered Seunghyun’s room.

Trudging down the hallway Taemin peeked into the tattooists’ rooms, so far he’d only (kind of) met Tymee and Jaehyo. There were five other artists that worked in the shop, but they didn’t always work the same days or hours.

Tymee was chatting with the straight-laced man at her station when she noticed Taemin at the doorway.

“Ah, you’re Seunghyunnie’s sister’s friend, right?”

“Hello, I’m Taemin.”

The small girl smiled and beckoned for him to come into the room, “I’m Tymee and this is Leeteuk. He’s getting his first tattoo today.”

“You don’t feel like the type.”

  “Yeah, I’m not,” the man shrugged, “but it’s something I need to get done.”

“No need to explain,” Tymee fiddled with the inking needle, “so what do you want to get done?”

Taemin pursed his lips and scooted out of the room, there wasn’t anything like doctor patient confidentiality but Taemin felt they needed some privacy. He wandered further down the hall peeping in on Seunghyun, the man from earlier was leaning back in the chair being prepped while Minzy designed a tattoo for him.

He huffed and walked towards another station. The only other room that was completely open, probably shouldn’t have been. This tattoo artist was a man, not Jaehyo but just as good looking.

The man had pure white hair, his black tank top exposing his well-defined muscles. On the chair was one of the ty girls from downstairs with her top off and her bosom pressed against the fabric.

Taemin blushed and turned to leave tipping a pile of books over. He squeaked and glanced at them, “sorry.”

The tattoo artist pulled away from the girl and handed her a towel, “who are you?”

“Sorry, I’m Taemin. I’m here with Seunghyun.”

“Ah,” the man wiped the tattoo on the girl’s lower back with alcohol, “you’re his sister’s friend? Shes around here often. I’m Jonghyun.”

Taemin nodded and watched as Jonghyun continued to ink the girl, “I like your hair.”

“Oh, thanks. I just got it done recently.”

“My step-brother would love that style,” Taemin stared at his head; it looked like something Kibum would do, actually. He shook his head and shrugged, “sorry to bother you.”

Taemin sighed and retreated back to Seunghyun’s station plopping down on the floor at Minzy’s feet. The girl leaned forward and set her chin on his head, “what’s wrong?”

    “Bored.”

Seunghyun popped a rubber band at him, “leave her alone, she’s designing.”

Minzy dropped her sketchpad over Taemin’s head, “what do you think?”

“Who is this for?”

“Uh,” Minzy pointed to the man in the chair, “him.”

Taemin looked from the sketch to what Seunghyun was tattooing into the man’s skin, “ah, I see now.”

The man lifted his head and turned towards where Minzy and Taemin were sitting; Seunghyun was inking between his shoulder blade and ribcage.

“This is Jongup,” Minzy blinked, realizing they hadn’t been introduced.

The man grinned, “friends with Yongguk. Are you the boy who he thought was a girl?”

Taemin frowned, “he didn’t think I was a girl… he just called me cute. But yes.”

Jongup snorted, “sounds like him.”

“Does he seriously want another tattoo?” Minzy twirled her pencil waiting for an answer from Seunghyun or Jongup.

“Yup,” they both answered.

“Does he even have any room left?” Taemin watched Seunghyun work.

“Well, I cant really design anything until I see where he wants it… or what he wants.”

Jongup awkwardly reached for his phone, “want me to call him?”

“Meh,” Minzy sighed, “I don’t want to get dragged to another concert.”

“Toooo bad,” a deep voice laughed from the doorway. Yongguk was leaning against the door, his arm resting above his head on the doorjamb. Griping, the girl slid down further into the cushions.  

 Seunghyun turned off the tattoo gun and held it up to his chin staring at the man, “oh, yeah. There is another thing of yours today isn’t there?”

“Seunghyun!” Minzy whined.

“What? I forgot,” Seunghyun shrugged and changed the color of the ink, “maybe I’ll call Chaelin.”

Minzy started counting on her fingers, “so, I know you’re going to drag me and Taemin, of course Yongguk, and you wanna call Chaelin.”

“I’m gonna go too,” Jongup winced through the pain, “so what, that’s like five people?”

“What is this a group date?” Seunghyun said as he placed a piece of plastic wrap around Jongup’s new tattoo.

Minzy pressed her fingers together anxiously, “if that’s the case we could invite Kibum and Jiyong.”

“Sure,” Seunghyun shrugged cleaning up his station, “I’ll call Jiyong, you wanna call Kibum?”

Minzy pouted but nodded and pulled out her phone. The red headed boy stood up and stretched, “I’m gonna see what Tymee and Jonghyun are doing. Maybe they’d want to come too.”

Seunghyun turned his phone away from his mouth, “you can try. Hey Jiyong, we’re going to a concert. Yes, Yongguk. Yes, Minzy will be there. Do I really have to pick you up?”

Taemin clicked his tongue and looked to Minzy; the girl had a confused look on her face, “Kibum just mumbled something and then hung up on me.”

Shrugging Taemin scooted past Yongguk and peeked into Tymee’s room; her station was clean and the room empty. He turned around; Jonghyun’s client was tapping loudly down he hallway completely peeved.

“Jonghyun?” Taemin blinked at the man; he was shirtless and in the process of buttoning his pants, “uh?”

“Don’t mind it,” Jonghyun pulled his tank top back on and started walking out of the room, “what can I do for you?”

“Well,” Taemin followed him down the hall, “we’re going to a concert like thing and wanted to know if you wanna come.”

“Step away from the man !” Kibum panted at the top of the steps.

“Kibummie, how nice to see you again,” Jonghyun grinned and draped his arm around the blonde man, “are you going to the concert too?”

Kibum hissed and smacked Jonghyun’s hand away, “go away, leave my brother alone.”

“Oh, come on, he’s not my type.”

Taemin raised his brow confused before stepping away slowly; he backed into Seunghyun’s room bumping into Yongguk.

“There’s some weird going on out there,” he whispered, the group of people all peered out into the hallway. The two were still arguing; Kibum heartily, Jonghyun with a hint of sarcasm and laughter.

Seunghyun glanced at his phone, “Chaelin will be here soon and I still need to pick up Jiyong. We’re going to have to go out there at some point.”

The five people continued to watch intently; Kibum was starting to give in, he was a very weak when it came to good-looking people. Minzy coughed and stepped into the hallway, grabbing Kibum and Jonghyun’s hand in one of hers she dragged them to the parking lot.

“Time crunch people,” she threw the two in the backseat of Seunghyun’s car and turned to her brother, “Chaelin will take Taemin and I to get Jiyong.”

Seunghyun frowned, “but I don’t want to deal with the bickering idiots.”

“Deal with it. I’m going so this is my bargaining chip. I can just make you stay at home.”

“Fine,” Seunghyun banged on the backseat window, “shut up!”

Chaelin pulled into the parking lot and waved at them; Seunghyun waved back and started up his car. Minzy dragged Taemin into Chaelin’s car, “we gotta get Jiyong.”

Chaelin nodded and to the road, “so what are we doing?”

 “But what about us?” Yongguk threw up his hands watching the two cars disappear.

Jongup shrugged, “guess I’ll drive.”

 

~~

 

“Go grab loverboy,” Chaelin idled the car waiting for Minzy to exit the car. The dark haired girl fiddled with the door handle nervously.

“Oh my god, what?” Chaelin turned around.

“I’ve never been to his house before.”

“You’re just going to pick him up.”

Minzy clicked her tongue, “fine.” She stepped out of the car and walked up to the small two-story house.

“Jiyong,” she knocked on the door, “you ready?”

The blonde opened the front door, “not quite. Wanna come in?”

Minzy fidgeted, “s-sure.”

She walked into the house behind Jiyong, “where are your parents?”

“Somewhere in Europe I think,” Jiyong pulled his t-shirt over his head and threw it on the floor, blushing Minzy covered her face and turned around.

“What?” Jiyong chuckled and stepped behind her resting his hands on her hips. She squeaked and pressed herself against the wall. Jiyong lifted one hand up and pushed Minzy’s short hair away from her neck. Placing a soft kiss on the spine of her neck he spun her around and enveloped her in his arms. Minzy giggled and buried her head into the crook of his bare neck hugging him back.

Banging at the door interrupted their moment, “you guys! Stop ing about!” Chaelin continued to bang on the door until they finally came out.

 

~~

 

The concert Yongguk chose today was for a popular local group. Seunghyun and the two bickering idiots were already there by the time they arrived. Even Yongguk and Jongup were already there.

Beside the front entrance Seunghyun was leaning against the wall pinching his brow. Kibum and Jonghyun were still deuling it out over whatever was making Kibum so angry.

“Oh my god, shut up!” Seunghyun grabbed the back each of their necks, “cant you just try to enjoy today and stop,” he flailed his hands, “this?”

Kibum frowned with his whole face, “fine.”

Jonghyun grinned and wrapped his arm around Kibum’s slim waist, “sounds good.”

“Don’t. Touch. Me.”

Chaelin hopped out of the car and rushed over to the dark haired man with Taemin lagging behind. Jiyong and Minzy followed after; disappointed they would have to reduce their intimacy. Minzy gently dropped Jiyong’s hand as they approached her brother.

“So who is this?” Minzy poked Yongguk as they entered the club.

The man swung his arm around Minzy’s shoulder and squeezed her, “couple of local college and high school kids. I think one of them goes to your school.”

The band was already playing, filling the room with loud music and cheering fans. Pulling Minzy down the aisle Taemin shoved her into the seat beside Jiyong and sat down beside her.

“Thank me,” Taemin giggled and pinched her cheek. The redhead felt a weight push down on the seat beside him and turned to see a gummy smile.

“Hello Minnie,” Yongguk grinned.

“Hello Gukkie,” Taemin mimicked.

The next song started and Taemin turned his attention away from the silly man. He scanned the small stage, there were your obvious players: drummer, guitarist, bass and singer. Taemin focused on the singer, she was a slim girl with gentle features.

He tapped Minzy on the arm drawing her attention away from Jiyong, “hey. Hey Minzy. Is that…?”

Minzy looked on stage at the singer, “what?”

Shaking his head Taemin looked for Chaelin, he forgot Minzy didn’t know anyone. Taemin leaned over Yongguk’s lap and shook Chaelin, “hey. Is that Bom?”

Chaelin narrowed her eyes trying to get a better look, “I think so. Didn’t know she was in a band. She’s good!”

“I know, right?” Taemin smiled.

Yongguk pinched the redheads side making Taemin flinch, “unless you plan on taking up permanent residency on my lap I suggest you sit back down.”

“Sorry,” Taemin blushed and retreated to his seat.

 

~~

 

By the stage a man with strawberry blonde hair was perched on one of the unused speaker boxes surveying the crowd. He turned his head away from the crowd and back to the singer on stage watching her move around the stage as she sang. The set ended and the band took a short break, the singer came and sat beside him.

“Hey Bombshell,” he pushed his bangs back away from his face. Bom laughed at the stupid nickname and gave him a quick peck on the lips before walking across the stage to talk to her band mates.

He scanned the crowd again, his eyes landing on a rowdy group of people. At the end of the row there was an angry small blonde man trying to avoid the groping man beside him. There was an indecisively bored looking man in the third seat, beside him another equally bored looking man who’s attention was now on the girl next to him.

His eyes continued to follow down the row of chairs; there was a larger, very happy man coyly flirting with a longhaired redhead. He paused at the end of the row when he spotted a shorthaired girl giggling and trying to avoid the tickling from boy beside her.

Grinning he kept his gaze on her the rest of the night.

 

Oh no, do I sense something sinister?

We'll see.

Muahahahaha