Chapter 5: Seduction

Unseen

“Come on,” the dark haired man grinned and flicked his hands in a ‘come at me’ motion, “lets see what you got.”

Minzy snarled at the tall man and glanced around the stage; Taemin had somehow convinced Minho to help with this weird training. The redhead was seated beside Sulli in the front row; the two were happily eating their lunch in the empty auditorium watching Minzy make a fool of herself.

“Um, ah,” she turned back to Minho, “heeey there y. Want to go back to my place?”

“Pffft,” Minho collapsed onto his knees, “what, are you a dude trying to seduce a girl?”

He paused, “wait, are you?”

“No,” Taemin piped up, “if that were the case I would have asked Sulli, .”

“What? What do you want me to do? I’m horrible at this…why do I need to do this anyway?”

Taemin groaned and stood up, “to build your confidence.”

“Well this isn’t helping!”

“Ok, ok,” Taemin pushed Minzy off the stage, “let me show you how it’s done.”

Batting his lashes Taemin stepped up to the tall man and gently wrapped his arms around the others neck. Minho stiffened and stared at the young boy who was pressed up against his chest.

“Hey~” Taemin his lips and stared up at the other, “do you think…hm…never mind.”

  He dropped his gaze and sadly released his arms from Minho’s neck. Minho gazed down at the small boy and let out a quiet sigh, “what is it?”

Pouting the red head walked away from him and sat on the edge of the stage letting his legs dangle off. Minzy shifted in her seat awkwardly, if Taemin was acting it was far too realistic. Hopefully Sulli wasn’t the brightest tool in the box. Beside her Sulli was watching intently with a large grin on her face.

Minho hopped off stage and stood at the base of the stage in between Taemin’s knees, “come on tell me.”

“Would you ever want to be with me?”

, , , Minzy peeked at the girl in braids beside her, was that a serious question. Oh, god, this is stressing me out. Maybe they were just really good actors, Sulli was totally oblivious.  

Minho placed his hands on the red heads hips and lowered his mouth to the others ear. Taemin smiled and scooted away from Minho, “so, what do you think?”

“Um, ah, I don’t know?”

“Come on,” Taemin threw his hands up, “were you even paying attention?”

Taemin stood up and plopped down beside Minzy while Minho awkwardly leaned against the stage.

“I was, but, how will this help with my confidence?”

“Well if you know how to interact with guys you’ll feel more comfortable, right?” Sulli pursed her lips.

The bell sounded signaling the end of lunch period and Sulli ushered Minho out. Minzy picked herself up out of the auditorium seat and stretched her arms above her head, beside her Taemin was fiddling with his bag as they exited the large auditorium.

“I just can’t flirt,” she grunted pushing the large wood door open, “especially not with someone I don’t like with his girlfriend watching.”

“So, if I got Jiyong to come would you be able to flirt then?”

“You cant just force me to flirt, I’d be more likely to slug him.”

Taemin pouted angrily, “why must you be so difficult. I just cant figure out what you want.”

“I want to smack the crap out of him.”

“But why.”

Minzy halted in front of her classroom, “think of it like this… Minho is oblivious to your feelings and starts dating a girl, flaunting her in front of you. You two don’t spend any time alone anymore. Doesn’t that make you angry?”

“I suppose. But, I really want him to be happy so as long as he doesn’t cast me aside, I’m alright.”

She shrieked quietly, “how can you be happy with that.”

“The same way you tell yourself you hate someone you actually like. Stop denying it.”

Taemin waved as Minzy stepped into her class, there was no way she would admit she liked that boy. No way.

 

~

 

Seunghyun watched as Minzy stalked back to her room pulling the door shut behind her. Rolling his eyes half-heartedly the dark haired man yanked on his jacket and yelled back to his sister.

“Yah, Minz. I’m going to work. Want me to drop you off somewhere?”

The small girl popped her head out of her room, “why? You don’t trust me home alone anymore?”

“Uh, you are getting weirder.”

She narrowed her eyes, “no, I don’t want to go anywhere. I’m tired.”

“Okaaay creepy girl, well that’s too bad. Pack your stuff, you’re coming with me to work.”

She grumbled, glaring at her brother as she shoved things into her bag. Just what she wanted, to spend hours with him at his job. Minzy glanced around her room looking for her glasses; she spotted them, picked them up and pushed them over her nose.

“Come on, lets go, go, go,” Seunghyun hustled her out the door.

 

~

 

Electric buzzing sounded at various intervals around the shop, the ringing occasionally stopped only to quickly start up again. The shop had two floors; most of the first floor being a sitting and waiting area with magazines and large books full of images. Minzy trailed after her brother, following him upstairs to his station.

Beside his station was a very large armchair in which Minzy made herself comfortable, folding her legs underneath her. Seunghyun groaned to himself as he walked back and forth around the room gathering things together.  

He plopped himself down in a small swivel chair and placed a wad of paper towels onto a small cart beside multiple bottles of ink. Pulling out a metallic barrel he pushed a needle into it hooked it to the base, wrapping a rubber band around it before setting it next to the other items on the cart.

“Who is your first client?”

Seunghyun plugged in the tattoo gun and experimentally pressed the pedal, “a man named Yong Guk. I’m finishing up his back piece.”

“Oh yeah, I remember him. He’s got that giant dragon on his back right?”

“Uh-huh,” he nodded pouring ink into smaller containers. Seunghyun sighed and twisted around in his chair hearing the tap of boots making their way towards him.

“Minzy, darling,” the man grinned, “when will you let me tattoo a piece of art on that beautiful skin of yours?”

Seunghyun sneered, “Screw off, Jaehyo. She’s only 16.”

“Fine, see you in two years.”

“You are not tattooing my baby sister!” He yelled after the grinning, dark haired man.

Minzy stifled a laugh, “you know he’s not serious, right? He’s only doing that to bother you.”

“Yes, and I find it quite annoying,” Seunghyun sat back in his chair as his client arrived. Yong Guk stepped into the room giving a quick glance at Minzy who was huddled up in the chair leaned over her drawing pad.

The burly man raised a brow and turned to Seunhyun, “uh…”

“Don’t worry about her,” Seunghyun pulled on a pair of latex gloves, “lets get started.”

He glanced sidelong at the small girl again before briskly pulling his shirt over his head. Along his back was a long, spiraling dragon; the head was positioned on one of his shoulder blades while its body twisted across to his other shoulder and down his spine. The outline was complete as well as the base color; today Seunghyun was finishing the last touches and details.

The man leaned over the black vinyl chair, bracing himself as the tattoo gun pierced the first few layers of his skin. Clenching his teeth Yong Guk turned his head towards Minzy.

“What are you doing?” He grimaced.

Minzy glanced up from her sketch, “just drawing.”

“Cool, can I see?”

“Uh, sure?” she hesitantly lifted up the pad of paper and turned it around. Yong Guk cocked his head slightly, staring intently at the small drawing. A grin broke out on his face, “that’s really good. Hey, can you draw something for me to get on my ribcage?”

The buzzing stopped and Seunghyun leaned over, “she does not work here. She’s in high school.”

“Oh,” his face dropped, “that’s too bad.”

Minzy bit her lip, “well I mean, I don’t mind. Seunghyun, is it ok? It’s not like I’m getting one or tattooing someone.”

Seunghyun turned the machine back on, “oh that’s what it starts with and next thing you know you’re covered in tattoos.”

“Brother! Seriously!”

Seunghyun scrunched up his nose, “, fine. But if you head down the wrong road you know who’ll be blamed, right?”

Ignoring him she flipped the book over to a new page, “so what do you want?”

Yong Guk winced as the needle continued to pierce his skin, “anything is fine, really.”

“So you’d be fine with a giant cupcake on your ribs?”

“Okay, maybe not anything.”

“Don’t you want something meaningful?”

“Well, meaningful tattoos aren’t always creative, id rather have something creatively drawn and well done.”

Minzy pursed her lips, “alright, I still haven’t got any idea what you would want.”

“Ah, I’ve got it!” He lurched slightly, “An iridescent starling.”

Minzy kneaded her chin, “mkay. Seunghyun, can I borrow some ink?”

She twiddled with her pencil for a moment before sketching out the base of the bird’s body. The birds wings were outstretched and its tail feather spread in mid flight. Using the tattooing ink she colored the bird with deep purples, bright oranges, and vivid blues. On the outline she colored a dark red that would fade into a natural skin color. Pulling the color of the wings out she created a seemingly flowing and translucent feathers that blended into the red background.

“So, how’s it?” Yong Guk stretched his back as he glanced at his finished masterpiece.

Minzy blew lightly on the piece of paper; “it looks good, as always with Seunghyun’s work.”

“And my new one?”

“It’s done,” she handed it to him, “what do you think?”

“Ohhh, I like it. Can I get it done now?”

Seunghyun sighed, “you know I’m not suppose to.”

“Come on,” he smiled, “you only did the detailing. It’ll be ok.”

“Come on big brother,” Minzy whined along with the tattooed brunette, “I want to see it completed.”

Seunghyun snarled and replaced the needle in the tattoo gun with a smaller size. “Minzy. Go get it photocopied so I can trace it onto his skin,” he pointed at Yong Guk who was still admiring his newest tattoo in the mirror, “and you, sit down on the chair, I still need to bandage your back.”

Minzy popped back into the room with a few trace photocopies of her drawing. She passed them off to her brother who quickly traced the outline onto his left ribcage.

“Ready? This’ll hurt.”

“Yup,” he grinned widely, “lets go.”

Seunghyun dipped the needle into black ink and formed the thin outline of the birds body. The outline was finished quickly and he went to work on the bright colors of the starling expertly blending the colors together.

“Alright,” Seunghyun wiped off the needle and cleaned off the excess ink on Yong Guk’s ribcage.

“Oh wow, it’s amazing. You two would be a great team.”

“Hell no,” Minzy twisted her face in disgust, “I’d rather die than work with him.”

Yong Guk shrugged, “too bad. But I love this it’s wonderful. Keep me in mind when you’re drawing. I might want another sketch of yours.”

“But a starling doesn’t really fit your image…”

“How’s that?”

“Starlings stand for group etiquette, vocalization and expression.”

Yong Guk nodded, “yes, and?”

Minzy blinked, “um. Ah. Nevermind.”

 

~

 

“So,” the redhead motioned around the cafeteria, “who’s your type?”

“I don’t have a type.”

“Fine, who could you see yourself flirting with.”

She groaned and glanced around the noisy room, “Umm, I guess someone like him?” She pointed to a tall, light haired brunette idling by a table.

Sulli grinned beside Minzy and raised her arm, “Taecyeon!”

The boy furrowed his brow and looked around until he spotted Sulli. He nodded to the people at the table before making his way towards the girl waving her arm around.

“What’s up?” Taecyeon squatted beside the table, he was even better looking up close. His lips formed a perfect smile on his rugged jaw and his hair was gelled up slightly.

“Taecyeon, I have a favor to ask,” Sulli smiled and fiddled with her hair.

“Sure, whats up?” He replied none the wiser.

“We’ve been giving Minzy some lessons but unfortunately she’s not progressing much. Would you mind helping us out a bit?”

“Sure?”

“Great, can you meet after school today? We’ll see you then.”

Taecyeon walked away with a look of confusion filling his face, neither him nor Minzy was quite sure what just happened.

~

Minzy paced around the stage while Sulli sat, yet again, in the front row, this time next to Minho while Taemin leaned against the stage.

“Why are you two still here?”

“This is too interesting,” Minho settled into his seat, “you won’t be getting rid of us that easily.”

She cursed to herself and continued to walk around the stage anxiously. How did she get into this situation? Were all people like this?

“How do you know so many people?”

Taemin lifted himself onto the stage, “well between us we probably know everyone in this school. We run in slightly different circles.”

The auditorium door banged closed and Taecyeon came walking down to the small group.

“So, I’m really confused. What’s going on?”

Sulli hopped up from her seat and rested her arms on the stage, “the lovely Minzy is in need of a practice partner.”

“But what for?”

“Ah,” Taemin tutted, “that’s the secret. In order for it to actually be practice… you cant know.”

“What? But…”

Minho piped up from the front row, “don’t fret my man, I was her previous practice partner. Its not painful, laughable maybe.”

“Okay?”

Sulli shooed the tall man onto the stage next to Minzy and quickly took her seat.

“This is not a show, dammit!” She stomped her foot.

Taemin grinned, “oh, it’s a show. Now on with it.”

Minzy’s face burned red and she turned, with much force, to her new partner. He’s tall. Holy crap, he’s tall, she thought back to Taemin’s performance, I can’t even reach his neck.

She bit her lip nervously, “I’m sorry to drag you into this. Forgive me.”

“Ah, it’s no problem.”

Minzy pushed her hair behind her ear and stared up at him tentatively reaching out for his arm. Taking a deep breath she circled both her hands around his arm and continued to stare up at him. Taecyeon’s eyes widened but he made no effort to move away.

“So, do you regret agreeing to this yet?”

“Nope,” he smiled brightly, “should i?”

Minzy blushed, “n-no, I guess not.”

“Take control of the situation you tart!” Taemin shouted.

Sighing Minzy squeezed the mans arm and leaned her head onto his shoulder, “Taecyeon oppa.”

“Yeah~”

Minzy pouted and narrowed her eyes, “dammit. Taemin, what do I do now?”

The redhead rolled his eyes and sat up from the chair, “seriously Minzy?”

“What?!”

“I second that,” Taecyeon raised the arm Minzy wasn’t latched onto.

“I refuse to demonstrate using Taecyeon. Figure it out on your own.”

Minzy stomped her feet, “I cant.”

“Yeah, you’re right,” Sulli sighed, “either way, women don’t really seduce, you know? We make ourselves cute enough so that guys will seduce us.”

Taecyeon nodded, “that’s true, and you were being pretty cute. Even the feet stomping and tantrum throwing.”

   “Really!” Minzy squeezed his arm, “are you serious?”

“Yeah.” Minzy squealed and hopped happily.

“Okay,” Taemin clapped, “so you’ve made an improvement. But you’re still not very confident.”

“But that kind of adds to her charm,” the tall man wrapped Minzy in a small hug.

Taemin growled, “back off Taecyeon! She’s spoken for.”

“Bleh,” The tall man pouted and released her, “fine. So what are you all up to tonight?”

“Nada,” Minho answered for everyone.

“Good, good. My friend is having a party and you all are coming.”

“Oh! Fun!” Sulli clapped excitedly, “we’ll be there.”

Minzy stepped off the stage hoping to make her way out of this situation. Minho grabbed her arm and pulled her aside, “hey, I need to ask you something.”