Chapter 13: Some Satisfaction

Unseen

Jiyong swung his leg out catching his foot on the crook of the boy’s neck. The strawberry blonde fell to the ground, coughing while Jiyong stood over him. Gritting his teeth Jiyong gripped his shirt and pulled him up, “we’re not done yet.”

Ru Huan stood up shakily and glared at Jiyong, “the is your problem.”

“Like you don’t know,” Jiyong cracked his fist against the other’s cheek. Meanwhile Seunghyun leaned against the wall, observing, until his phone rang.

“Seunghyun,” Chaelin muttered on the other side of the line, “there’s something else…”

Seunghyun growled and shoved his phone into his back pocket, “stop.”

“Why?” Jiyong paused mid-punch, his arm held out a few inches from Ru Huan’s face. Seunghyun batted him away and pushed the offending man up against the wall.

“What kind of animal are you?” Seunghyun spit at him.

The boy just smiled, blood dripping from his cheek and lips, while he was verbally and physically assaulted. The dark haired man turned to Jiyong, “his girlfriend.”

“What about her?”

Seunghyun slammed Ru Huan back against the wall, “not only Minzy… he his girlfriend, too. How many others are there?”

“You’ll never know,” Ru Huan laughed, “heheh so Bom finally broke my ‘spell’ over her.”

Seunghyun swept his leg under Ru Huan sending him to the floor; he pounced on the boy and began attacking his face. Before he knew it bloodlust had taken over and Jiyong was desperately trying to pull him off the boy’s beaten body.

“We cant,” Jiyong held Seunghyun’s arms behind his back; “Minzy needs you here, not in jail.”

Seunghyun yelled incoherently and broke free, forcing himself to go outside. He angrily pulled at his hands until he calmed down enough to work his phone.

“Daesung,” Seunghuyn seethed into the phone, “get to me, right now.”

“What’s wrong?”

“Doesn’t matter! Get here now! 483 Second Street.”

“Be right there.”

Several minutes later a squad car pulled up in front of him and Daesung stepped out, “I figured flashing lights and sirens wouldn’t be the best route.”

“He’s inside…”

Daesung nodded and went into the house to retrieve Ru Huan. The boy was bloody and beaten, but still alive; Jiyong was sitting beside him with his head resting against the wall.

“Ah, I see you held back,” Daesung tightened his handcuffs around the boy, “as a man of the law I should take you both in. But seeing as you’re both my friends and Minzy is family… the jerk didn’t get nearly what he deserved.”

“Get out of here,” Daesung ficked his head towards the door, “and take that toadstool with you.”

 

~~

 

Chaelin put her phone down and made her way back to the two emotionally wrecked girls. The long haired brunette was sitting on the floor with a sea of tissues around her, it was as if she’d cried for the first time in years.

“I didn’t understand,” Bom’s eyes welled up and she started sobbing again, “I’m so sorry.”

Shaking her head Chaelin sat down beside Minzy, “I don’t mean anything rude by this… but how do you not know?”

“He was so sweet at first, he did everything I wanted… and it eventually became more ag-aggressive until it became violent. But the progression was slow and I just thought it was passion, but I guess I was blindsided and maybe in denial?”

All this time Minzy had remained quiet, curled up in her ball on the couch. She didn’t understand where Bom was coming from, how she couldn’t tell right away. Love makes you do stupid things, sure, but it didn’t make you oblivious.

 “Didn’t you sense something, anything, was wrong?” Minzy asked.

“Maybe, I dunno,” Bom looked confused.

“Why didn’t you leave him?” Chaelin and Minzy questioned.

“Because,” she fidgeted nervously, “I’m pregnant.”

 

Oh lawddddd ><