Chapter 10.5: Part 2

Unseen

This is why I don’t associate with people. People are horrible. They don’t deserve to live. I just want to be alone. Why did I bother again? What was worth this…nothing is worth this. I hate people.

Minzy stumbled into the ER and made her way up to the desk. Trying her hardest to ignore the stares directed at her she cleared .

“C-can I ge-get some… help.”

“Sure darlin’” a busty woman turned to her, “goodness, what can I do for you.”

Minzy wiped at her eyes, “I was .”

“Come with me, hon. Lets get you checked out.”

She followed the nurse back into an examination room, “do you have anyone I should call?”

Minzy pulled off her clothes from behind the curtain and put them into a plastic bag. Tying the nightgown around her she peeked out from the curtain and handed the woman the bag of clothes.

“Um, yeah. Can you call my brother?” Minzy copied the number down and handed it to her.

“Alright, sit down and I’ll have a female doctor come see you.”

Minzy perched on the examination table when a knock came from the door, “can I come in?”

“Yes.”

A pretty female doctor stepped in and sat down on a chair, “I’ll get started in a minute but I have a few questions.”

“Kay.”

“Were you drinking this evening?”

“Um, I think so. I’m not entirely sure. I think I may have been drugged.”

“I’ll take some blood and test for that as well. Do you know who did this?”

“He might go to school with me.”

The doctor blinked, “how old are you?”

“I’m 16, ma’am.”

“Okay, let’s get started. I know it’ll be uncomfortable but I need you to spread your legs.”

~

Minzy slipped on the sweats and shirt that Seunghyun brought for her and sat back down on the examination table. Outside of the small room Seunghyun was trying his hardest not to punch a hole in the wall.

The doctor was talking to him, “you need to calm down. You’ll have to stay out here if you cant calm down.”

Seunghyun gritted his teeth and followed the doctor back into the room. The doctor had a bundle of medicines and a chart in her hand.

“We’ve completed the kit and submitted it to the authorities. However, we still have some things that need to be done. Here are some medications that you need to take to fight off infection and I would suggest coming back in a few weeks so we can do a pregnancy test. Just in case.”

“You’re telling me that bastard might have gotten her pregnant!?” Seunghyun shouted.

“Sir, calm down.”

“Seunghyun, it’ll be ok.”

“No! It’s not ok. You’re my baby sister. How could this have happened?”

Minzy’s eyes welled up, “I’m trying. I’m trying so hard to be strong so don’t yell. This didn’t happen to you, it happened to me.”

“I know, I know,” Seunghyun cradled her head into his chest, “I’m sorry. I just… I’m supposed to protect you.”

“I’m sorry,” Minzy bawled, “what’s going to happen?”

“Nothing. Just focus on getting past this. Ok?”

A nurse knocked at the door and handed the doctor a chart, “alright. Unfortunately, it seems that you were drugged. There are some officers outside so you can file a formal complaint.”

“I’m going to go down to the station but Kibum is here and he’ll take you home and stay with you until I’m back. Is that alright?”

Minzy nodded and made her way towards Kibum.  The blonde man quickly enveloped her in a tight hug.

“I’m so sorry baby girl,” Kibum petted the girls head, “let’s get you home.”

~

Minzy looked through the package of pills the doctor had given her while Kibum made her some tea. Choking back the urge to cry she lined up the bottles; antibiotics, anti-retovirals, other medicines and a number for a mental health specalist. She picked up the smallest pack of medicine: take one by mouth within the first 72 hours to prevent pregnancy.

There was only one pill in the packet, she turned it around and popped it from the packaging. Kibum set the cup of tea down and Minzy quickly swallowed the pill before she thought too much of it. The blonde sat down in front of her, spinning his own cup of tea back and forth.  

“Want me to call someone? Taemin or Chaelin?”

Minzy shook her head, “not now.”

“I understand,” Kibum slid the bag of medicine away from her, “stop looking through them for now.”

“B-but I need to take them.”

He breathed out slowly, “alright. I’ll pull them out for you. Go take a hot shower, try to relax.”

Minzy hauled herself up from the chair and plodded into the bathroom; she turned the tap on and let the steam fill up the room. Pulling the sweats off her body she stepped into the shower and sank down on to the linoleum floor. She sobbed quietly, her salty tears mixing with the showers stream, all the faux strength from earlier dissipated in an instant.

Whimpering she scrubbed her skin harshly with a washcloth, no matter what she didn’t feel clean. She scrubbed and scrubbed until her skin was red and sore.

She stumbled into her bedroom and took the handful of pills Kibum had set out for her. Curling into a tight ball she fell asleep.

 

~

 

Kibum peeked into the girl’s bedroom; Minzy was huddled under her blanket muttering and crying in her sleep. He shook his head and retreated to the living room.

“She’s still sleeping,” he sat down in the armchair beside the couch, “what did the police say?”

Seunghyun gritted his teeth, “nothing, they just took my statement, information and talked to me.”

“If I ever find that mother er,” Seunghyun cracked his knuckles angrily.

“I know. What about Jiyong?”

“What about him?”

Kibum traced a pattern in the chair, “does he know? Have you told him?”

“What’s he care, why wasn’t he there anyway?”

“It is not his fault, don’t you even take your anger out on him.”

Grinding his back teeth Seunghyun tried to take a deep breath, “why the was she there anyway?”

“I don’t really know why.”

 

~Two Days Later~

Taemin crashed through the front door followed by Kibum; the redhead completely ignored Seunghyun as he rushed to the back bedroom. Blubbering he fell to his knees at Minzy’s bed, “I’m s-so, I’m so sorry! Sorry! It’s all my fault. I’m so sorry!” 

Minzy balled the comforter against her chest, “it’s not your fault.”

“Sorry, I shouldn’t have made you go,” he sniveled pressing his head against the bed, “what can I do? Can I help?”

She shook her head, “don’t tell anyone. Th-that’s all.”

Seunghyun stomped into her room and grabbed Taemin by the scruff of his neck, “get the out.”

“Seunghyun, no,” Minzy sat up slightly, “leave him alone.”

“But-“

Minzy groaned and laid back down, “I said, no. Leave him alone, it’s not his fault anymore than it’s your fault. He’s only wanting to keep me company and make me feel better.”

“Fine.”

Taemin rested his back against the bottom of the mattress, “Chaelin knows.”

“Please don’t tell anyone else, don’t tell Minho.”

“She wants to see you.”

“She wants to see Seunghyun.”

Taemin turned around to face Minzy, “she’s worried about you.”

“Kay.”

There was a long pause before Taemin spoke again, “when’ll you come back to school?”

“Never if I can help it,” she rolled onto her side.

Taemin rubbed his eyes, “I’m sorry. I’ll bring you your schoolwork.”

“You don’t have to.”

“I want to,” Taemin sat up, “I’ve gotta come see you anyway or else I’ll miss you.”