Project Parents

Topbom & Daragon Oneshot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“YOU MUST BE CHEATING ON ME! YOU ALWAYS GETS BACK THIS LATE!!!”

 

“YAH! You can’t even eat a spoon of rice without me working my off!!!”

 

“Please, you? Working your off? Right.”

 

“At least I’m not flirting with those business men for more.”

 

 

SLAP

 

 

“If not for Hayi, I will totally divorce you, Seunghyun.”

 

“Go ahead, Bom. Would totally love to see you starving.”

 

 

I sighed and closed my eyes tight as I heard my parents arguing about things again. It was always like this, every night, everyday. Omma and appa were always fighting and yelling to each other. It would always ended up with omma slapping appa’s face, or she would cry herself to sleep. It was not that appa was not sad too, usually when I wanted to pee at night, I would see appa drinking something from a very big bottle. His face went all red and he cried too. I didn’t know what happen between omma and appa, I loved them, and they loved me too. But why didn’t they love each other? I wanted my real appa and omma back.

 

I kept playing with my fingers. I was very sad that they were forcing themselves to be happy in front of people. When they took me to my elementary school, omma would always smile and say ‘take care’ to me, even appa did that too. But when I left, their expressions changed. It was like they were not even my parents. They did that too in front of appa’s work people, at parties, in front of grandma and grandpa, and in front of many more.

 

 

“Honey, why are you still awake?”

 

“Appa?”

 

“Neh.” Appa kissed my forehead. “Go to sleep, you need to go to school tomorrow.”

 

“Appa…”

 

“Yes, honey?”

 

“Why are you and omma always fighting? I don’t like it…”

 

“Hayi baby… Appa and omma love you so much.” Appa smiled bitterly. He looked like he was going to cry.

 

“But you guys don’t love each other anymore!” I sniffed and bit my lips. I hoped my tears wouldn't come out.

 

“We still love each other dear, it’s just… hard to explain our love now.” My tears fell and he wiped it. “Don’t cry. It breaks appa’s heart.”

 

“Now sleep tight, everything’s gonna be alright.”

 

“Hmm…” I nodded. “Goodnight appa, saranghae.”

 

“Nado saranghae.” Appa kissed my forehead again before turning my lights off and went out from my room.

 

 

I pulled my blanket up and started to think again. Maybe I needed to do something to make them make up. Maybe if I tried, I would actually get them happy together again!

 

 

**

 

 

I tiptoed to omma’s room and saw her sleeping through some sobs, she must had been crying last night, poor omma. I woke up earlier than them and decided to go to omma first. Omma and appa didn’t sleep in one room anymore and that was bad, because I had asked some of my friends before, they said that if parents slept in separate rooms, that meant a war was going on. I actually didn’t really understand what they meant, but I knew there was definitely something wrong.

 

 

“Omma, wake up!” I shook her.

 

“Uhn, Hayi?” Omma rubbed her eyes. “Why are you up so early? Did you get a nightmare?”

 

“Anniya… Let’s make breakfast, I’m hungry.”

 

“Alright…” She yawned and got up, kissed my forehead after that. “Let’s get baby Hayi’s little tummy full again.” She giggled and we walked to the kitchen together.

 

 

Omma was the most beautiful woman in the world. With pajamas, with dress, with makeup, without makeup, omma was always pretty. But she looked ugly when she was crying and I did not like it. When she cried, I felt sad too, like I wanted to cry too.

 

I mean, look at omma, she cooked with her eyes red and puffy! Heol~

 

 

“Here you go, breakfast only for Princess Hayi.” She smiled and patted my head.

 

I thought for a second. I smiled. “Only for me? Where’s for appa?”

 

“Eh?” Omma widened her eyes. “Your appa can cook his own. He’s a big boy, sweetie.”

 

“But appa works hard and always tired! I think if omma makes him a breakfast he will be very happy.”

 

“Aigoo, Hayi-ah… Appa hates omma’s cooking.”

 

“I will scold him if he won’t eat your food.”

 

“Omma is not a good at cooking!” She looked away. “Your appa said that…” She sighed. She looked sad when she said it.

 

“Don’t worry, appa will surely eat your cooking this time, omma!”

 

“But he hates my cooking!”

 

“Omma!” I pouted. It got a bit annoying that omma kept on protesting.

 

“Fine… But if your appa gets angry, don’t blame omma.”

 

 

And so, omma agreed on making fried rice and a sunny-side up for appa. I munched my breakfast and smiled at how omma’s expression. She looked too serious on cooking even though it’s just a breakfast for appa. She must felt nervous and thought that appa would hate her cooking. I didn’t understand why appa said that. I always loved omma’s cooking, no matter what kind of food, even the burnt ones.

 

 

“It’s done!” She sighed as if she was giving up.

 

“Yayy! Let’s bring this to appa’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter