o.12

Seoul High Class Host Club *Hiatus*
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dancing together

"I'm losing myself
Trying to compete
with everyone else..."

Wednesday, five days left

Dancing has never been Kyungsoo's forte. Singing and smirking at the audience that claps for his great performance, enjoying the cheers and letting himself drown in the fame, that was what Do Kyungsoo is good at. He could stay ages on a stage and sing, sing and sing his whole being out to deliver a message that he bears deep in his heart. He is just like that. Never even once has he thought he needs to show how he feels through actions. Moving  his tiny and clumsy feet around a ballroom with a dress getting in the way and heels at that. How could he have known that he will end like this from the famous bar singer to a cross dressing transvestite? It's humiliating and he feels disgusted by every step he takes in circles, being led by a tanned boy who smiles brightly at him, throwing praises into his flushed ear and nudging him to go on and do a pirouette.  

"I hate you.", Kyungsoo mutters under his breath when his chest collides with Jongin's broad one. 

"You are doing so great Soo-ra! I am so happy for you!", Luhan screams in excitement from one corner of the room. He is actually the one who should be teaching Kyungsoo to dance the traditional waltz but now he is sitting in a wheelchair, clapping his hands like a seal as he watches the show the both dancers make while swirling and turning in circles on the parquet floor. Yesterday he was still fit, happily obliging and taking Kyungsoo's petite hand in his smooth ones, wrapping his other arm around his tiny waist and trying to move with the younger to the beat of the music. It was a disaster.

"No. No. No. Move your feet less and look up at me!"

"I am the man, so I get to lead, not you."

"Why do you keep stomping on my feet?"

"It's supposed to be one, two, three and not four, three, two, one!"

"That's it. Get me the wheelchair Kris!", and with that said, Kris dutifully rolled the said chair to the exhausted Luhan and the dancing Queen officially claimed that: "Kyungsoo is a hopeless case!", "I will never step on the same dance floor as Kyungsoo ever again." and Kyungsoo absolute favorite: "I need to protect my delicate feet, Kris wheel me away from here!" (the young soon-to-be doctor, sighing did as he was told) and that was all said in such a divaish way that Kyungsoo almost snorted out loud at his favorite Hyung.

It didn't ended well how you see but that is not for all. Than Oh Sehun is probably the most happiest person since Kyungsoo showed up on the door step of the Host club in search for a quiet place to study. He had to fight for his current position as a assistant but it was all worth it (if you ask Sehun personally). He is totally at ease with his position behind Luhan, helping and pushing him down the hallways in the wheelchair.

At first Luhan declined his offer of pushing him around, saying he doesn't want to be seen with the gay-junior but after some bickering and yelling, Luhan was drained of all energy and waved his hand in a, 'alright, do what you want but I am not fully agreeing with this' gesture. Kyungsoo never has seen Sehun smile so brightly ever before and he wonders why that is. The boy only seems to be content when Luhan is around and giving his attention to him (what not means that the older really treats the junior the right way).

"I really hate you so much.", Kyungsoo breathes when he is tripped over, back and neck stretched so wide he can smell the detergents used for the parquet and see the shoes of the girls which are normally perfectly hidden under their dress skirts.

When he is pulled up into a strong chest again, Kyungsoo only sighs when he follows Jongin's lead until the music ends and the cheers, claps and voices ring from all sides  towards him and his partner. The Host Club decided to not shut the club down because nobody wouldn't dare to miss the ridiculous sight of an agitated Kyungsoo and an content smiling Jongin. It's a pretty sight and all the ladies agree, praising and giggling behind their hands with flushed cheeks, thinking how it would be to be in Do Soora's place but at the same time the girl get's pitied because "she doesn't even knows how to dance", "what a poor thing" and "not only her voice fails her but also her two left feet." The latter definitely was not a compliment but Kyungsoo lets it slip and straightens himself before looking up in a very happy Jongin's eyes. His hand on his lower back, makes Kyungsoo shiver but he still lets himself get pushed towards the direction of the bar where cool drinks are waiting for him. He can't really be mad at Jongin when he starts to prepare a drink for him to fresh up.

"You improved a lot.", Jongin praises, taking a glance at the male beside him, sweating a little, flushed cheek and panting slightly. The young man wonders why he never has noticed how pretty his Hyung actually is. He can still feel the tiny waist under his hands, the older's hand in his and the smile (even if faked) so radiant and beautiful with it's heart sharped form, the curve of his plump -

"When we are done now, can I go back?", Kyungsoo interrupts the youngers thoughts and while blushing Jongin looks at the male who eagerly gulps down the drink he hands him. The older tries desperately not to ear all the giggling behind him. It's a little bit disturbing and he feels awkward. It's ridiculous how he, as a famous singer who is used to these kind of attention, gets suddenly all ashamed. He never needed to show anyone that he can move to the tact of the music he sings, never needed to impress someone with his clumsy feet but all this talk behind his back is making him blush to the core, he wishes for the ground to open and swallow him whole.

"She is so lucky to dance with Jongin."

"They look so perfect together!"

"Soora is so beautiful and pretty."

"Her moves even if stiff were so lovely and charming." Not only those words but also the coos and the declaration that 'Do Soora is the epitome of cuteness' is making the male shiver and tremble in his current spot. Why is this so hard? Never were so many praises thrown at him and he is dressed in a yellow dress, making him look like a too straight banana! It's ridiculous this whole situation. Kyungsoo feels close to vomiting.

Jongin who has watched the older male being in his own world, trembling lightly at the attention he is receiving, nods his head by his question. "Only know that you did very well today and I think you can go and have some rest now. I am really very proud that you did so great today Soo."

He can't let it go, really, Kyungsoo sighs before turning to see if Jongin really does mean what he is brabbling about but he is only greet with an very proud looking Jongin, showing his white and straight teethes with an eye smile that would make every girl in this room faint if it was directed to the public and not to only him.

Kyungsoo heart beat doesn't skips a little quicker then usual. No it definitely doesn't by the sight. What are you thinking?

Before he can leave, Jongin ruffles Kyungsoo's already misplaced black locks, grinning a little when the older swats his hand away without anyone noticing and with a irritated huff. What is wrong with the other? Jongin never has been this affectionate before, a little touch here and there but not like this. What did change his attitude all of the sudden?

"Jongin are you done yet?", a high pitched voice asks behind them, interrupting the both males moment that consisted of a staring contest.

Turning around to face the owner of that voice, Jongin shows his trade smile at the self-declared blond beauty standing behind him and his dance partner.

"Why I am finished here, yes. How can I help you Chaerin?" Jongin the gentleman he is bows deeply before flashing his smile at the two ladies standing behind the blond beauty.

"When you are finished why aren't we enjoying a conversation with some warm tea?", Chaerin says, completely focused on the man and not at the petite and average looking girl beside him. She quicks her elbow, showing Jongin how serious she is and wants to be led to one of the couches, anyway if private or not but she desires to be alone with the tanned handsome in front of her. She raises one of her perfect eyebrows at him in question and Jongin chuckles lightly before linking their elbows together.

"Well why don't we? Let's go!", Jongin leads Chaerin away,  smiling and presenting her with all his attention but not before saying his goodbye to Kyungsoo who watches them both with a small smile. 

"We will see us some times Soora. Be careful on your way to the dorms." Kyungsoo nods at the younger boy but when Jongin turns around he doesn't sees the grimace Chaerin makes but Kyungsoo notices. 

"This .", Kyungsoo whispers to himself, so low he didn't think anyone would hear it but apparently he is wrong. He really should be more careful with showing his emotions.

"Yeah she is but be careful with saying that out loud. It's funny how she comes everyday and even without her followers she doesn't misses one. However, Chaerin is one of the richest ladies around here and her fiancée is a famous mode designer. Also he doesn't really fancies it that his bride is a regular and visits Jongin all her freetime." Chanyeol who actually only wanted to compliment the younger male explains rather eagerly. The moment he saw Chaerin walk towards Jongin with determination in her eyes, he knew the younger is in for a cat fight but Jongin managed it just fine by leaving Kyungsoo all on his own and ditching him for his precious regular.  Nobody knows how he can be so nice to Chaerin who is obsessed and possessive over him. Jongin belongs to all girls (it's his number one priority to keep it that way because Jongin loves everyone) and he doesn't has a favorite but the King spends his time mostly with Chaerin. Why? Because, how Chanyeol mentioned she comes everyday but weekends.

Kyungsoo makes a face at what he just heard before turning around and staring at the bar in concentration. The young sighs before locking eyes with the tall male beside him. It's the moment where Chanyeol realized why he came here in the first place.

Park Chanyeol knows perfectly how Kyungsoo has felt on the dance floor. He himself is not the best at dancing and he is lucky when he doesn't steps onto a foot or two while trying to be the gentleman he is supposed to be. A disaster is not even close to what Chanyeol can describe himself when he does not pay attention. Kyungsoo must have felt embarrassed much with all the audience and talking around him. Patting the youngers back reassuringly, Chanyeol grins down on the petite boy with his long hair and wide eyes. He really resembles a young lady and if he didn't knew it better Chanyeol would be head over heels for Kyungsoo. Not only because he reminds him of a brown haired vixen but because Kyungsoo just has something on himself that is very unique. But at the end Chanyeol knows that Do Soora is a boy with a and that he definitely has no s and curvy hips. Well he is still cute. 

"You don't like her much right?" A shake of the head is all he gets for an answer and Chanyeol pats his friends head with an endearing smile. "Me and Jiyong neither."

Kyungsoo frowns at the foreign name. He tilts his head to one side and the taller immediately understands his confusion. "Her fiancée I told you about."

Ah not even her soon to be husband likes her. Why is that not surprising,  she is so lovely and nice... Kyungsoo is not able to understand that attitude. Smiling like Chanyeol said something really funny, Kyungsoo watches his friends, Krystal, her sister, Min Young, Jia, Victoria and Amber walk towards them both. Nobody questions they relationship and Kyungsoo is thankful when Chanyeol bows as a goodbye, waving with a glass of something clear brown and walking off to his table where three pretty women have sat down giddily when the tall male waved them to. 

"You dance pretty good for a beginner Soora.", Min Young immediately praises. All of his friends smile with all honesty at him. And there is a sting in his heart because he is not being honest with them and it's bad. He feels bad, guilty even. It's a feeling that has overcome him a lot lately and all Kyungsoo can do to endure is to smile and nod, shake his head on occasion to not seem monotonous and like a living creature. 

"You and Jongin look perfect for each other!", Jia starts, muttering something in Chinese with Victoria instantly joining her to fan girl over Do Soora's and Kim Jongin's non-existent relationship and  about the what ifs.

"I think you are a good match.", Amber then approves as well, hugging the wide eyed girl in their middle around her narrowed shoulders. She smiles when she feels the timid girl tense by her touch. Soora definitely is still a . Amber knew it from the start that the girl is not comfortable with these kind of topics but she teases her anyway. Where is the fun of not doing it?

"You noticed it too Amber? Their height and skin tone is a beautiful contrast.", Victoria changes from Chinese to Korean and all the girls nod their heads in agreement. The six girls are totally lost in their own world. Not really noticing how small the main character of their words is getting in their middle, biting lips until they are swollen and almost bleeding.

"If Jongin wouldn't be this popular and declared to stay single until he takes the school over, I would ship you two till graduation.", Krystal now comments for the first time with a warm smile decorating her features. She looks pretty with no worry in her eyes, only content and pure happy for her friend who doesn't looks that pleasant about their compliments but surprised and shocked. Krystal frowns at the sight. Wondering why her friend is acting like this. Every fine lady would be pleasant to hear these things from their friends. It's an open blessing for their relationship if they ever come out and go to public. When ever Kim Jongin gets tired of his host life and has arrived on the end of his journey of different woman every day. When Kim Jongin decides that her new friend is the only one he wants to have close and a future with. It's a romantic story that every lady has thought about once with any one of the Host members. They are chic, handsome, strong, lively, young and rich. They are the 5 flower boys of this school and their reputation will make every mother and father happy to have as a son-in-law. So why is Soora not beaming and showing her heart sharped smile at them but bites her lips in nervousness and embarrassment? 

"Your babies would look sooo cute! I swear, I can almost see them clearly in front of my eyes!", Jessica whispers excitedly, hands covering before something more inappropriate escapes her pretty lips. Krystal throws her sister a small glare and Jessica flashes her a grin before ducking her head to not get hit.

"Well..." The silence is a little bit awkward when everyone stops complementing. They look at the girl in their middle, wondering what she is probably thinking about this whole situation and at the end they decide to not go any further because Soora is very flushed, breathing a little quicker as it should be normal and her hands are balling into tiny fist over and over for her to calm down.

"We should you to your room. I haven't been there before! I want to see which pop idols you have on your wall!"

"Jessica!? That's not very lady-like!", Min Young exclaims with mocked shock. Everyone stops walking expect Soora who pumps into Amber's back, whining silently to herself. A loud giggle is the next sound filling the already full of noise room. It's nice, they think when walking out of the host club, calling their goodbyes and getting an overly un-gentleman reply with a dismissing wave from a busy Kris, a victory sight from the twin couple hugging in front of two girls supporting themselves, an acknowledging nod from Jongin and a wicked smile from Chanyeol. Luhan doesn't even budges and continues to pout and ask for some sweets on his table. He is getting chocolate cake stuffed inside his mouth permanently by his guests with an eager Sehun wiping the smeared cream away and nobody seems to care at all. Kyungsoo can only sigh by the unusual scene when he passes. He has other things to worry about like how will he get out of this alive when his friends notice that he doesn't has a room in the girls dormitory to return to?

"Hey where is Taeyeon?  Did we leave her behind?", Jia ask casually. Jessica immediately stops the whole group by these words and once again Kyungsoo pumps into Amber's back. 

"Wasn't she with us just now.", a confused Min Young comments but they all already know that she wasn't.  Taeyeon always gets lost in big crowds and that not only because she easily gets fascinated by a lot of things but women and men take advantage of her with simple treats. "She probably is still in the club."

"Yeah or together with Baekhyun. The both are inseparable after all." Soothing her sister's crazy mind is not successful when Krystal watches her sisters nose flare, eyes narrowed into slits and a determined expression decorating her features. Now it comes... 

"We need to look for her immediately.  Who knows what could happen-"

"We are on school grounds Jess."

"Did you forget what almost happened to Krystal?! I do not trust anyone anymore." With those words being said,  Kyungsoo watches with an open mouth but relief rushing through his veins how Jessica orders the remaining five girls to go search on different places for their lost friend. She herself grabs Krystal's arm with pleading eyes. "Come on Kry we need to find her!"

"Just because you have a crus-", a well manicured hand claps on pink painted lips before Krystal can continue. Jessica throws her sister a warning glare which Krystal response with an eye roll. Her sister is so obvious and at the same time tries to be so mysterious and secretive. Krystal knows all her dirty secrets, being forced to live with her devil of an older sister since birth in the same environment. The e is not even bothering them anymore. The both haven't changed much from childhood days until now anyway.

"Sorry Soora but we go ahead and better look for Taeyeon now. We won't ask you to join, you must be tired. We see us tomorrow in class. I really need to talk to you about the project, we didn't had a chance to do so recently." Krystal watches her friend nod her head, smiling and blushing while shying away from the siblings. It was hell to work together with Hyuna alone for these past three days and now that Soora must be more free after school they definitely had to work on some papers together.

"See you then!", she waves with a squeak escaping he lips when her sister starts to grow more impatient. They take off to a random direction, calling out for their friend while roaming the hallways. They don't notice the tension leaving their other friends form. How relieved and tired she looks before walking down the opposite corridor to quickly escape in the comfort of her four walls in the wrong dormitory.

You are so lucky today, Kyungsoo grunts mentally when he moves like a ninja (he thinks it looks cool) through the bushes and trees that are surrounding the school building beautifully. In reality it looks like he is smelling and hugging trees when you look from afar. Not caring about that but going on to sneak in the boy's dorm in full daylight, Kyungsoo doesn't notice the eyes on him. The unknown frowns at the girl and snorts when he watches her trip and almost fall into mud. Ladies nowadays have no elegance and sensitivity any longer.

"Can I maybe help you Miss?", the boy still calls out for the woman but he is ignored. The figure hides behind one of the birch trees and after a few seconds a head peaks out of the hideout. The girls head is turning to all sides, searching for something and when she puffs out her cheeks and purses her heart sharped lips, he can feel a smile creep on his own. She looks rather cute, he has to admit but she owns no manners.

"Miss Do Soora? What are you doing on this side of the dormitories? Shouldn't you go the other way?", he ask while walking towards the new student in their school. Actually she should be familiar with the way to her representative dorm right? After three weeks one expects at least this much.

She jerks away from the tree, body tense and stiff. Suspicious. Very suspicious but maybe she only gets easily startled.

"May I introduce myself? My name is Ilhoon. I believe my friend Hyunsik has already mentioned me?" He smiles at the lady in front of him who looks rather confused but still smiles brightly. She is very innocent.  He likes it.

"So what are you doing here, all alone? In man's territory?", Ilhoon teases and watches her pull a piece of paper from her perfectly hidden pocket on her tailless with a little pen with which she writes something hastily. He frowns a little when he sees her bad handwriting but more intelligent people tend to think faster and as a result their handwriting is more sloppy, right? Chuckling to himself, Ilhoon decides that he likes Do Soora already.  The intelligent ones always did it to him, an arrow hit right in his heart and he does not mind. 

I am looking for my friend.

"And who is your friend?" He doesn't knows why he asks so many questions. He should just go or her to her destination and go his own way right after that but he has desired to talk to the woman even if its mostly one sided since the delicate princess can't speak a word to anybody. It must be hard for her but it also has many advantages. 

Just a childhood friend of family.

"Well don't mind me but I was teached that the ladies don't chase but are chased." The grin he lets show is not returned. It's a little bit awkward after that but Ilhoon doesn't makes a move to disappear.  He wants to spend some more time with this angel like woman before he meets with his friends and talks about the disgusting Host Club and it's members. Ilhoon almost can't believe that Do Soora is befriend with them. He had thought better of her the first time he saw her in the cafeteria with her friends.

Do Soora doesn't says or writes anything on the dirty piece of paper and the chirping of the birds above them is overpowering the chatter of the students body around them. Ilhoon is not sure why it is suddenly so awkward. He never has felt like this before. He always is good with girls and can find a lot of topics to talk about with his older sister and all that.

"Well should I help you find your friend or?"

Ilhoon watches with regret when Soora shakes her head frantically, no. Her locks framing her pale and round face swing from side to side aggressively and he wonders by himself if she really is just this shy or if she doesn't likes him. "Soora!", a loud voice screams from behind them and the said lady peaks behind Ilhoon,  only to sigh in relief and skipping her way away from the boy she is not comfortable with. 

"Is that your childhood friend?" But he follows anyway. Kyungsoo wants to face palm. Doesn't he gets the hint?

Nodding his head, yes Kyungsoo waves at Joonmyun. He is his new favorite, his savior and protector. The best roommate and friend one can wish for.

"I am so sorry. I left you hanging but now I am here. Sorry for the trouble Mr.?"

"Ilhoon is alright. I am student here as well, the uniform gives it away. There was no trouble for me at all but now that you found your friend I will take my leave. It was very nice to meet you in person for once Miss Soora." A bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter