Chapter 2

Forget me Not

 

“I think we have to break up.” Joo Neul said in the verge of tears.

“Why? You’re joking right?”

“Long distance relationships don’t really work, right?”

“Well, yeah. But what are you talking about?” Chansik is still clueless on what is happening.

Joo Neul is still trying to stay strong. She doesn’t really want to break up, but she had to do this. She had to go there, since her grandparents are the ones who requested her to go there. Her grandparents hardly request something from her, and she can’t reject them.

“Well, this is what happened.” Joo Neul took a deep breath and told Chansik about the conversation her mother and she had the other day.

*Flashback - 3 days ago*

 “Joo Neul-ah, we have to talk.” Her mom said as she started walking towards the living room. Joo Neul followed her.

“Look, Joo Neul. I apparently got a call from your grandparents from America yesterday.”

“So? Isn’t that great?” Joo Neul said while trying to be as cheerful. She sensed something bad about this.

“That’s great I know. But that call, is a call saying that you got a scholarship there. They know that you really want to sing and dance, and some school there said that they want to take you as a scholar there.”

Joo Neul’s shoulders dropped. Yes, she likes to sing and dance. She has an exceptional talent in singing and she has a passion for dancing. But she thought about someone. Chansik. She doesn’t want to leave him. She knows that long distance relationships don’t work often.

“Joo Neul, think a lot about this. I know you don’t want to leave Chansik, but this is something we can’t reject either. Please, think about this.”

“It’s okay Mom, I think I already know. Though you just said this to me today, I know what I’ll do.”

“Really? Then what is it?”

“I’m going to study abroad.” Joo Neul’s firm voice confirmed that she is sure about this.

Her mom sighed. “Okay then, but what are you gonna do about Chansik?”

“I have no choice but to break up with him.” As Joo Neul said this, she started to cry.

*End of flashback*

Chansik doesn’t know what to say. He is still processing it in his head. Joo Neul, on the other hand, is biting her lip now just to prevent tears from falling.

At last, Chansik spoke. “When is your flight?”

“Tomorrow.” Joo Neul said as a tear escaped from her eye.

Chansik saw the tear and wiped it with his thumb. He smiled. “I know it’s for the best, yeobo. It’s okay. I understand you. It’s for your future. Uljima.” Though he is hurting inside, he knows that it’s for her. He’s willing to accept it.

 

3 years had passed. Joo Neul just graduated from college at America. She may not be the best, but she’s confident that her skills have improved. Well, that should be the product of hard work during those 3 years.

“Joo Neul-ah!” A girl with slight brown hair welcomed her as she got out of the airport.

“Uhh, do I know you?” She seems familiar but she can’t recognize her.

“So that’s the product of 3 years not seeing me? Joo Neul, my name is Jae Min.” Joo Neul’s eyes widened in shock.

“Jae Min? My oh-so-hyper bestfriend? OMO! You changed a lot! And you dyed your hair brownish! What happened to you? You look a lot more beautiful!” Joo Neul said as she pulled Jae Min for a hug. She get calls sometimes from Jae Min, but they have not seen each other’s faces since Joo Neul left for America.

“Psh. So you mean I’m not beautiful back then?” Jae Min pouted.

“That’s not what I mean. Well, look at you now, you improved a lot. So, how’s life?” Joo Neul said as she put her bags inside Jae Min’s car. Jae Min isn’t the one driving, she hired someone to do it.

“My life is so boring. I don’t do much. I’m practicing my acting skills so I can audition someday. How about you? What are your plans now that you’ve been back here?”

“Well, I heard that there’s some company named WM Entertainment holding an audition for singers and dancers like me. I’m planning to audition there.” Joo Neul said confidently.

“Woah.  You really planned your life well, eh?”

 

We reached my house after 10 minutes. Yes, the airport is not too far from Joo Neul’s house.

“Joo Neul-ah! Welcome back! How’ the flight? Are you tired?” Joo Neul’s mom came running towards me. She must’ve been lonely, since Joo Neul is the only one living with her back then.

“I’m just a little tired~ I’m going to sleep after I bring back my things.” Joo Neul honestly said to her.

One by one, Joo Neul started to arrange her things in the wardrobe. She came across one familiar thing from 3 years ago, a necklace with a pendant where you can put a picture. She opened the pendant and saw the face she’s been missing for 3 years. Memories of him start to come back again. She had to admit, she haven’t move on yet. She still loves him, though she broke up with him 3 years ago.

“Joo Neul-ah? Are you finished? I made a salad for you. Would you like to have some?” Her mom peeked at the door.

“Ah, yes.” Joo Neul hid the necklace in the cabinet. “I’m almost finished; I’ll come down in a bit.” Joo Neul said and her mom nodded.

While eating some salad, Joo Neul talked about her decision to audition in WM Entertainment. Her mom agreed to it and is really proud that Joo Neul knows what to do in her life.

 

The next day, Joo Neul is planning to take a look at the area around their house, since she’s gone for 3 years. Some things would’ve changed by that amount of time.

She wore a white dress with a brown belt and brown high heels. She was just used with wearing these kind of things while in America. She took off and walked around.

Suddenly, a total stranger to Joo Neul appeared before her. The guy pulled Joo Neul and dragged her to the café near the corner.

“Yah! Excuse me, but where are you bringing me?” Joo Neul politely asked.

The man did not answer, instead they get inside the shop and sat in one of the tables there. He ordered 2 cups of coffee and began to talk.

“I’m sorry for dragging you here, I just want to say something to you.”

“Umm, it’s okay. What is it that you want to tell me?” Joo Neul got curious.

Meanwhile, their coffees arrived and the man took a sip out of it. “Do you know WM Entertainment? It’s a company where we train various people to become hallyu stars.” The man began explaining it to Joo Neul. She just nodded. “And you’re one lucky girl, I think. I just sensed that you have an amazing talent. So, tell me, would you like to be a trainee at WM Entertainment?”

Wait.

WHAT DID HE JUST SAY?


I made the story to be fast XD I wanted this to reach 10 or 15 chapters only. :3

B1A4's comeback on May 6th! OMG I can't wait ♥

And SHINee's comeback on April 26th. 2 days *o*

Please leave a comment!or subsribe :)