Chapter 14

Forget me Not

I just got out of the room, and I heard someone say my name. I got curious, and found Chansik and Jinyoung oppa sitting on a corner of the practice room. I approached them.

"Oppa. Did you say my name?" I asked. I sat in front of them.

Jinyoung oppa looked surprised. "Aniyo. Chan said it."

I gazed at Chansik, who is looking down. Suddenly, he lifted up his head and  smiled. "Ne~ I said your name."

"Eh? Waeyo?"

"Hyung and I were talking about how good your voice is." He looked and smiled at Jinyoung. "Remember the time when you sang Sandeul hyung's 'Crush'? I just told him how I heard your voice."

"N-ne. Chan is saying the truth." Jinyoung gave me an assuring smile.

Seeing Jinyoung oppa's smile, I got rid of my doubts. "Arasso~ But what are you doing here? Where are the others?" I asked, since I didn't see Shinwoo, Baro, and Sandeul oppa here.

"Ah. They are having fun outside. Baro teased Shinwoo hyung, then they ran outside. Sandeul was asked by Baro to help him." Jinyoung oppa chuckled.

I giggled. "The 5 of you are really close. I love your bond." Flashing my eye-smile, Chansik avoided looking at me. Why? Is something wrong?

"We have serious talks during Saturdays, we talk about what we don't like with each other, problems, and the like. We like to strengthen our bonds so we can perform as one on stage." What Jinyoung said was very leader-like. He really deserved that position.

"So you have a talk today?" I asked.

Jinyoung smiled. "I think so."

 

As soon as Joo Neul entered her next practice, Jinyoung elbowed Gongchan.

"Ya! I thought you'll tell her already?" Jinyoung yelled at Gongchan.

"Mianhae, hyung. I just got scared..." Gongchan looked down again.

Jinyoung patted the maknae's back. "Arasso, arasso. I understand. Just make sure you'll tell her before it's too late. You don't know, Sandeul might get her before you can." He winked at Gongchan.

Gongchan smiled brightly. "Thanks for understanding, hyung." 

"We're back!" Sandeul shouted as he entered the room. Jinyoung and Gongchan looked at each other and smiled.

"Ya, what's with the smiles? You're creeping me out." Shinwoo said. Baro laughed.

"Hyung, why would you be creeped out?" He changed the direction of his gaze to the two persons sitting. "Why are you smiling, anyway?"

"It's nothing." The leader and maknae said in sync.

"Now, you're creeping me out, too." Sandeul said as he distanced himself from Jinyoung and Gongchan.

The rest of the members laughed at Sandeul's playfulness.

 

I received a text from Gongchan, saying that we should meet each other tomorrow, after my practice at the park where I once cried.

"I wonder what's up? And why call me to that park when we can just talk in the practice room?" I asked as I put my cellphone at my bag. 

As I entered the vocal training room, Sandeul was sitting there. Mr. Han was sitting beside him. They seem to be talking about something.

"Annyeonghaseyo~" I said as I bowed. When I looked up, the two of them were already standing.

Mr. Han whispered something to Sandeul. He smiled, then left the room. "Joo Neul-ah, please come here, I have something for you to do." 

He explained that I have a line for their new song, it's just a small line. I just have to say the line, "I'm at home~" Then I'm done. They'll just edit the tone of my voice to make the pitch higher.

After we finished recording that small part, we proceeded to our usual practice. 

 

"So, shall we start the talk now?" Shinwoo said. The rest of the members nodded in agreement.

"I'll start." Sandeul said. "To be honest, I... don't have a crush for Joo Neul anymore." He admitted.

"Why? What happened?" Jinyoung asked. Gongchan is also wide-eyed.

"I don't know. It just happened."

"Is it because of me?" Gongchan asked.

"Maybe. I'm not selfish, but I know that you are. You'll do whatever it takes to get something. And you're trying to get Joo Neul back again, right?"

Gongchan nodded.

"Then that's it. Ah, by the way, I helped Chan with his plan to make Joo Neul believe that he forgot about her already."

"EH? What's that plan? Why didn't I know about it?" Baro asked. Shinwoo also nodded with his question.

"I didn't really tell anyone. Sandeul hyung found out about it, and he asked if he could help. Jinyoung hyung also didn't know about it, I just said that I made her believe that I forgot about her. I only told him about it today." Gongchan explained.

"Looks like we have a problem today. We'll continue the talk tomorrow, we should tell Joo Neul about the truth, okay?" Shinwoo said.

"How are we going to do that?" Sandeul asked.

"I already arranged a one-to-one talk with her tomorrow evening. I'm going to tell her the truth." Gongchan admitted.

"Should we help you?" The leader said.

"Hmmm. Maybe, help me decide on what to say. I don't know exactly what to say!" 

The hyungs laughed. "Arasso~ Maybe, we should go with this." Sandeul explained.

 

The time flew really fast. It's the next evening right now, and I'm here waiting for him. It's a bit cold right now, since it's April.

I'm looking at the ground, kicking some stones when I saw a shadow. I looked up and saw that it's Chansik. I smiled.

"Annyeong." I greeted him.

"Mianhaeyo, did you wait long?" Chansik asked first.

I shook my head. "I just waited for a few minutes. I'm okay."

"Then that's good." He smiled.

"What are we going to talk about, by the way?" I still don't know why he called me out today. I'm confused.

He looked at the road outside of the park. "Should we take a walk?"

Still confused, I agreed. We walked side by side in the streets of Bangbae-dong. It was really peaceful. Some lights on the houses are turned off already. 

Suddenly, I felt his hands on mine.

I was shocked, so I immediately looked at him. He was looking up at the sky.

"Do you still remember our date at the Han river?" He asked.

Wait.

WAIT.

WHAT?

"WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?" I asked with wide eyes.

He giggled. "I'm asking about our date at the Han river last time, about 3 years ago."

"No, wait. I'm confused okay. How did you know about that?" I'm really lost. What's happening?

Chansik looked straight at my eyes. He opened his mouth and said, "I lied."


Since I finished my drawing by 9:30 PM (my curfew is 10PM btw), I decided to upload this. * u *

The last chapter is just short... I'll upload it after 30 minutes. I'll just color my drawing ㅋㅋㅋ

I'm going to mention the names of... someone(s) out there at the last chapter. :3

Please leave a comment! or subscribe :)

사랑해요!
It means 'I love you!'